Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

WTF???? All charges against Jussie Smollett dropped

Started by Wazzzup, March 26, 2019, 12:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

I dunno...make an example of corrupt officials like this, and others will think twice.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Bricktop"I dunno...make an example of corrupt officials like this, and others will think twice.
Yep that's what needs to happen.  

She should be disbarred for this, but doubt that will happen.  Hopefully she will be thrown out in the next election

I'm surprised she hasn't played the race card yet, probably coming soon.

Wazzzup

The Mayor of Chicago sent a bill for $130,000 to Smollett for overtime hours.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/03/28/jussie-smollett-rahm-emanuel-bill-investigation-costs/3299899002/">https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 299899002/">https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/03/28/jussie-smollett-rahm-emanuel-bill-investigation-costs/3299899002/

Smollett's liars, er lawyers said the mayor and the police chief ought to apologize to smollett for hounding an innocent man. :oeudC:

The Illinois Prosecutors Bar Association issued a statement condemning what Kim Foxx did--

QuoteWhen an elected State's Attorney recuses herself from a prosecution, Illinois law provides that the court shall appoint a special prosecutor. See 55 ILCS 5/3-9008(a-15). Typically, the special prosecutor is a neighboring State's Attorney, the Attorney General, or the State Appellate Prosecutor. Here, the State's Attorney kept the case within her office and thus never actually recused herself as a matter of law.

Additionally, the Cook County State's Attorney's office falsely informed the public that the uncontested sealing of the criminal court case was "mandatory" under Illinois law. This statement is not accurate. To the extent the case was even eligible for an immediate seal, that action was discretionary, not mandatory, and only upon the proper filing of a petition to seal. See 20 ILCS 2630/5.2(g)(2). For seals not subject to Section 5.2(g)(2), the process employed in this case by the State's Attorney effectively denied law enforcement agencies of legally required Notice (See 20 ILCS 2630/5.2(d)(4)) and the legal opportunity to object to the sealing of the file (See 20 ILCS 2630/5.2(d)(5)). The State's Attorney not only declined to fight the sealing of this case in court, but then provided false information to the public regarding it.

The appearance of impropriety here is compounded by the fact that this case was not on the regularly scheduled court call, the public had no reasonable notice or opportunity to view these proceedings, and the dismissal was done abruptly at what has been called an "emergency" hearing. To date, the nature of the purported emergency has not been publicly disclosed. The sealing of a court case immediately following a hearing where there was no reasonable notice or opportunity for the public to attend is a matter of grave public concern and undermines the very foundation of our public court system.

Lastly, the State's Attorney has claimed this arrangement is "available to all defendants" and "not a new or unusual practice." There has even been an implication it was done in accordance with a statutory diversion program. These statements are plainly misleading and inaccurate. This action was highly unusual, not a statutory diversion program, and not in accordance with well accepted practices of State's Attorney initiated diversionary programs. The IPBA supports diversion programs, and recognizes the many benefits they provide to the community, the defendant and to the prosecuting agency. Central to any diversion program, however, is that the defendant must accept responsibility. To be clear here, this simply was not a deferred prosecution.

Prosecutors must be held to the highest standard of legal ethics in the pursuit of justice. The actions of the Cook County State's Attorney have fallen woefully short of this expectation. Through the repeated misleading and deceptive statements to the public on Illinois law and circumstances surrounding the Smollett dismissal, the State's Attorney has failed in her most fundamental ethical obligations to the public. The IPBA condemns these actions.

Anonymous

Hounding an innocent man in prog speak means charging a scumbag for his crimes.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Hounding an innocent man in prog speak means charging a scumbag for his crimes.
Yeah, they are fully in ass backwardsville.

I heard on the radio yesterday some prognazis (like VOX) were saying that it was "racist" of Trump to tweet that letting Smollett go was a disgrace.   :crazy:

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Hounding an innocent man in prog speak means charging a scumbag for his crimes.
Yeah, they are fully in ass backwardsville.

I heard on the radio yesterday some prognazis (like VOX) were saying that it was "racist" of Trump to tweet that letting Smollett go was a disgrace.   :crazy:

To be expected from the Russia collusion conspiracy theorists.

JOE

Sad part of this story like all the others comin from the USA these days, is it evokes memories of a not-to-distant past when White & Black stood on the same stage together as equals  in an act of solidarity rather than on separate ones which divided us.

I thought this tune reminded of that this

">

Sign of the times.

Oh well.

Wazzzup

OMG right out of the you can't make this shit up file--

[size=150]Jussie Smollett is nominated for an NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People) Award, and host Anthony Anderson hopes he wins[/size]

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/03/28/jussie-smollett-up-naacp-award-host-anthony-anderson-hopes-he-wins/3298234002/">https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/peo ... 298234002/">https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/03/28/jussie-smollett-up-naacp-award-host-anthony-anderson-hopes-he-wins/3298234002/

Fake a hate crime go to jail?  Not if you're black and famous.  Get nominated for an award!

Blazor

Quote from: "Wazzzup"OMG right out of the you can't make this shit up file--

"WTF" indeed. Reminds me of Obama winning the Nobel peace prize, but Hitler and Osama were nominated too lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

:crazy:

Anonymous

Faking a crime is one of the most serious public mischief charges. He would most likely get two years less a day here.

Bricktop

If he receives such an award, it will be tantamount to black Americans saying "fuck you" to white Americans.

The racial divide grows wider.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Herman"
Faking a crime is one of the most serious public mischief charges. He would most likely get two years less a day here.
Well even though there is no similar statute in the US (and there should be) Smollett should have gotten time for lying to the cops, especially since he has a prior record.  But because of race, fame and/or connections he didn't.  There are still some avenues for law enforcement to get him (like the letter he sent) this isn't necessarily over yet.

Quote from: "Bricktop"If he receives such an award, it will be tantamount to black Americans saying "fuck you" to white Americans.
Pretty much.

cc

And tantamount  to me saying "we live in a basackwars screwed up society"
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell