Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

A

I banned Minaeni/Saltydog for one day

Started by Anonymous, September 01, 2013, 03:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saltydog

Somewhat appropriate:

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Not sure if SMP, but one could feel the trouble building whoever it was. As SMP has been here SMPeeing around a lot, it likely was him. Initially I thought it might have been this Worried Wilbur who started gentle, then one could feel the change coming

Either way, the boot works great

Worried Wilbur is prolly many different leftist trolls on VF. Dean and the punctuation guy come to mind.

cc

Yes. There are a lot more nicks than there are posters around. It always was that way, but have really noticed it proliferate the past few months.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Yes. There are a lot more nicks than there are posters around. It always was that way, but have really noticed it proliferate the past few months.

Fuck, WW/Dean/punctuation guy is immature. Not even close to being funny either.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Yes. There are a lot more nicks than there are posters around. It always was that way, but have really noticed it proliferate the past few months.

Agreed.  But then they really do have 700+ all individual members!  omg!  I've been fooled!  :roll:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

Agreed.  But then they really do have 700+ all individual members!  omg!  I've been fooled!  :roll:

I remember on Asian forums in the past people would sign up just to post a link to a product. They were always quickly banned, but they made up like 2/3 of registered members.

Berry Sweet

I'm just tired of all these "random" posters who I never talk to, who all of a sudden talk to me and know everything about me....it's getting beyond old.

Berry Sweet

I miss the days with Duce, Cartman, Weebles...we had some nice actual conversations....now it's all dryer lint fluff kinda style....

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I'm just tired of all these "random" posters who I never talk to, who all of a sudden talk to me and know everything about me....it's getting beyond old.

They have prolly been trolling the forums for a while looking for a victim and zeroed in on you. I agree, it gets old in a real hurry.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I miss the days with Duce, Cartman, Weebles...we had some nice actual conversations....now it's all dryer lint fluff kinda style....

I really like Weebs, but Cartman I didn't know. The Duce was harmless enough I guess.

Berry Sweet

Weebs is real...that's what I like...it's turning into garbage over there now.

Berry Sweet

What I have to say here, will be posted over there soon enough, and they will all chime in like a fart gone wild.

Annie

Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

cc

Yes. I was not referring to the databases.

Actually here is what I was beating around the bush about. I believe that there are some who use several nicks, creating a very different  persona for each nick = a lot of nicks in posts but not too many actual and separate people .... supporting their own point of view using different nicks to do so .... creating the impression at first glance that a lot of people feel a certain way ...

and thinking they are very clever fooling others into believing each of their very different fake nick personas is a separate person
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "cc li tarte"

Yes. I was not referring to the databases.

Actually here is what I was beating around the bush about. I believe that there are some who use several nicks, creating a very different  persona for each nick = a lot of nicks in posts but not too many actual and separate people .... supporting their own point of view using different nicks to do so .... creating the impression at first glance that a lot of people feel a certain way ...

and thinking they are very clever fooling others into believing each of their very different fake nick personas is a separate person

I know what you are saying cc....that's what I was saying in my comment about the "700+ individual members" and "how I've been fooled"....I was being sarcastic.

I know the one person on me has 20 different handles...and so does the next one...and so on...