News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10340
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:33:17 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Not a fan of basketball, or Toronto for that matter...

Started by Superchecker, June 08, 2019, 09:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Erica Mena"GO RAPTORS !!

Even though I don't really like team sports, it's Raptors all the way.

Everybody in Canada is suddenly an NBA fan.

It seems many come out of the woodwork to catch the fever, enjoy the thrill of the win but most of the time cannot care less.

I have a lot of respect for the young people who start with a dream and then go on to become successful adult athletes and work hard to get to the top. What they do is not easy. As you can see, a lot of them suffer later in life mentally and physically from all the physical trauma.

I believe young people in sports learn the value of losing with dignity and humility from consistent success. More children should pursue sports.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

It would have been sweet if they won at home. The sports bars in Vancouver were standing room only on Thursday night.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"It would have been sweet if they won at home. The sports bars in Vancouver were standing room only on Thursday night.

That's a bandwagon city.

Gaon

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"It would have been sweet if they won at home. The sports bars in Vancouver were standing room only on Thursday night.

That's a bandwagon city.

It's ironic you should say that. Some men I work with got into celebrating the finals with the Warriors, but they don't know much about the league.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"

That's a bandwagon city.

It's ironic you should say that. Some men I work with got into celebrating the finals with the Warriors, but they don't know much about the league.

I have been at my job many, many years and this past two weeks has been the only time I have heard the NBA ever come up in conversation.

@realAzhyaAryola

That's a bandwagon city.

Why? Is it because they have no champions?
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "cc"Way back I liked some. Today the money they get is so far over the top that I don't take any of it seriously anymore

I now see all major sports as a shit show of extremely gross unreality .. and could care less who wins or loses .. or even if they play at all.

I know how you feel. I still like sports though.

And you should. There is nothing wrong with liking sports. Be proud of it.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "Erica Mena"I want them to win. Tired of the Warriors

I'm a die hard Lakers fan but GO RAPTORS !

They're mostly American anyways Erica.

so if you cheer on the Raptors ur cheering in the USA as I'm quite positive that their best players would be part of the USA's next dream team.

I like the Chinese fella Jeremy Lin

im glad an Asian guy made it to the top of the sport on the best team in the league, which this year looks like it wil be the Raptors.

I'm cheerin' for the Chinese guy.

That is irrelevant. It is a TEAM sport. Who cares where the players are from. It is the team effort that triumphed here. Even in the workplace, team effort is vital. If you are a good team player, you will encounter more success than if you were not a good team player.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

That's a bandwagon city.

I don't know why, but they hop on and off bandwagons pdq.

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

That's a bandwagon city.

I don't know why, but they hop on and off bandwagons pdq.

The whole country jumped on the Raptors bandwagon Herman.

Ike Turner

I'm not a fan of any sport.  I'm not a team player either.

Watching a bunch of Negroes (or any race for that matter) running after a fucking ball brings me no satisfaction.  I get more satisfaction watching a dog chase after a ball.

Maybe I'm not a real man...  Maybe I'm just a phag.

Anonymous

Raptors, Raptors, Raptors. That is all that people talk about here in Central Ontario.

Vancouver

Quote from: "seoulbro"Raptors, Raptors, Raptors. That is all that people talk about here in Central Ontario.

It's a big deal. It's not like Toronto ever win anything.  :laugh3:  :laugh3:  :laugh3:  :laugh3:  :laugh3:
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Quote from: "seoulbro"Raptors, Raptors, Raptors. That is all that people talk about here in Central Ontario.

It's a big deal. It's not like Toronto ever win anything.  :laugh3:  :laugh3:  :laugh3:  :laugh3:  :laugh3:

Uh, oh, bad boy.

:laugh: