Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

4 Arizona Women Convicted for Leaving Water for Migrants

Started by caskur, June 19, 2019, 04:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "caskur"Here is what happened at Everest recently... you know they step over dead bodies on their way to the top, don't you?

They're wankers.

It's their choice to hike and to die up there.

Then they should stay up there...

If they are brought down, it's not you who's paying for it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "caskur"Here is what happened at Everest recently... you know they step over dead bodies on their way to the top, don't you?

They're wankers.

People that attempt to climb Mt Everest have money and are not a burden on local services.

caskur

They're wankers.

It's not about money. It's about rescuers being put in unnecessary scenarios.

These days rescuers tell people if they disobey warnings, there is no one coming to rescue you.

People have unrealistic views of being recued largely due to television shows which tells people all they have to do is ring 911 or 000 and within minutes they'll be helped.

MOST of those people going up Everest had ZERO experience mountain climbing. If you listen to the people who go there regularly they'll tell you there is no policing of the climbs.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

They're wankers.

It's not about money. It's about rescuers being put in unnecessary scenarios.

These days rescuers tell people if they disobey warnings, there is no one coming to rescue you.

People have unrealistic views of being recued largely due to television shows which tells people all they have to do is ring 911 or 000 and within minutes they'll be helped.

MOST of those people going up Everest had ZERO experience mountain climbing. If you listen to the people who go there regularly they'll tell you there is no policing of the climbs.

But, do they bring rescue personnel with them?

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"

[size=150]Climbers describe 'carnage' on Mount Everest as Australian rescued amid rising death toll[/size]

An Aussie climber may have been trying to scale Mt Everest without oxygen - and posted online the day before of his struggles.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/aussie-climber-rescued-on-mount-everest/news-story/07316df301b8bcad936d029bee9415e7">https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-u ... 9bee9415e7">https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/aussie-climber-rescued-on-mount-everest/news-story/07316df301b8bcad936d029bee9415e7

Meanwhile, a seasoned veteran of Mount Everest has spoken about the "chaos" at the summit of the mountain, saying, "I cannot believe what I saw up there".

"Death. Carnage. Chaos. Line-ups. Dead bodies on the route and in tents at camp 4. People who I tried to turn back who ended up dying. People being dragged down. Walking over bodies," climber and "adventure filmmaker" Elia Saikaly wrote.

"Everything you read in the sensational headlines all played out on our summit night."

He then described people stepping over a dead body.

"The early morning light had revealed the gateway to the summit of Everest and in parallel a human being who had lost his life. Here we all were, chasing a dream and beneath our very feet there was a lifeless soul. Is this what Everest has become?"

Since there are plenty of dead bodies laying around summiting Everest, I would say no to having their own rescue teams.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/dead-bodies-on-mount-everest-are-hard-to-get-down-2019-5?r=US&IR=T">https://www.businessinsider.com.au/dead ... ?r=US&IR=T">https://www.businessinsider.com.au/dead-bodies-on-mount-everest-are-hard-to-get-down-2019-5?r=US&IR=T

11 people have died summiting Mount Everest this spring.

The deaths this year bring the total Everest death toll to more than 300 people since explorers first started climbing the mountain in the early 1900s.

The bodies of people who died climbing Everest still litter the mountain today, because it's a dangerous and life-threatening task to retrieve them.
- Andy Warhol

Gaon

It doesn't deter climbers.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

If they still want to try Everest, that's their biz, not mine.

Anonymous

If they still want to try Everest, that's their biz, not mine.

And nothing will stop them.

Odinson

They have sherpas..

I would order them to carry me to the top like a true british gentleman.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"They have sherpas..

I would order them to carry me to the top like a true british gentleman.

And for the right price, I'm sure they would.

caskur

They disgust me. Their selfishness is abhorrent.

They have no right to leave grieving relatives behind.

What they do is NOT heroic.
- Andy Warhol

Gaon

Quote from: "caskur"They disgust me. Their selfishness is abhorrent.

I know thrill seekers. They are not heroes, but they have an unquenchable thirst for dangerous accomplishments.
The Russian Rock It

caskur

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "caskur"They disgust me. Their selfishness is abhorrent.

I know thrill seekers. They are not heroes, but they have an unquenchable thirst for dangerous accomplishments.

They have neurons missing.
- Andy Warhol

Skippy

I suppose those aussie climbers learnt their trade on Mount kosiousko in the snowy mountains, climbing everest is a totally different quest