Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

NHL Draft thread

Started by Anonymous, June 20, 2019, 11:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Since we have a lot of members from up north, I would like to throw this topic out there for discussion.

The top two picks are etched, the fun begins with pick 3, my Hawks.

I would like them to take Byram, but I think it's going to be Turcotte.

Thoughts?

Gaon

Quote from: "King Martini"Since we have a lot of members from up north, I would like to throw this topic out there for discussion.

Thoughts?

I don't know a lot about ice hockey myself. I should watch more games. Better yet, go see the Canucks play.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "King Martini"Since we have a lot of members from up north, I would like to throw this topic out there for discussion.

Thoughts?

Azhya is our hockey expert..

I like the Calgary Flames, but I don't know about the draft.

ac_blush

@realAzhyaAryola

I would not say I am an expert. I enjoy a great game of hockey. I am not anti-hockey. I love the game and no, hockey is not all about fighting. Anyone who thinks hockey is all about fighting is ignorant of the game.

I am a Capitals fan but I like most of the other teams. I dislike Boston a little bit.  :laugh3:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Thoughts?

I wish there were more posters here who can contribute to your question but you will not find authentic Canadians here who like the game of hockey. Not on this forum at least.

Since I follow the Capitals more than any other team, I do not know what the Hawks needs. If Chicago can afford both, get both guys. They have two different positions. Byram is a defensive player while Turcotte is a center. Moreover, I know they are both really good. I tend to like the American more because I want more American players in the NHL so I am a little bit biased.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I would not say I am an expert. I enjoy a great game of hockey. I am not anti-hockey. I love the game and no, hockey is not all about fighting. Anyone who thinks hockey is all about fighting is ignorant of the game.

I am a Capitals fan but I like most of the other teams. I dislike Boston a little bit.  :laugh3:

You follow hockey more than almost anyone else on these forums.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"You follow hockey more than almost anyone else on these forums.

Hah! Imagine that?! :thumbup:
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "Fashionista"You follow hockey more than almost anyone else on these forums.

Hah! Imagine that?! :thumbup:

Weebles followed hockey closely too.

Anonymous

Thoughts?

I've been to lots of pro hockey games including in corporate suites, but I'm not into team sports.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Shen Li"
I've been to lots of pro hockey games including in corporate suites, but I'm not into team sports.

I could have easily said that too years ago, Shen. That was me. Then, my oldest son started playing ice hockey. I got hooked after he started playing the game. It's his fault. I got even more hooked when he showed remarkable skills. Speaking of Turcotte, I put him through a series of Turcotte Stickhandling and Puckhandling summer camps. That really improved his skills too. Then I also played the music at his games. Sometimes I miss it but over all, I am glad the hockey years are over. It was quite a commitment really. All your weekends are focused on that during the season and you drive here, there and everywhere. You adjust your life around it, decline invitations to parties, gatherings and such during the season. I never missed his games except for one when I was really sick. Games and tournaments in different states, hotels here and there, eating out with the team on the road. How did I get through all of that? Sheesh. It becomes your life.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

I could have easily said that too years ago, Shen. That was me. Then, my oldest son started playing ice hockey. I got hooked after he started playing the game. It's his fault. I got even more hooked when he showed remarkable skills. Speaking of Turcotte, I put him through a series of Turcotte Stickhandling and Puckhandling summer camps. That really improved his skills too. Then I also played the music at his games. Sometimes I miss it but over all, I am glad the hockey years are over. It was quite a commitment really. All your weekends are focused on that during the season and you drive here, there and everywhere. You adjust your life around it, decline invitations to parties, gatherings and such during the season. I never missed his games except for one when I was really sick. Games and tournaments in different states, hotels here and there, eating out with the team on the road. How did I get through all of that? Sheesh. It becomes your life.

Frankly, I am thankful my son is into soccer and not hockey.....it's a cheaper sport.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Frankly, I am thankful my son is into soccer and not hockey.....it's a cheaper sport.

I still look to those years with fondness, Fash. I do not regret it at all though. Just glad it is behind me now because I do not think I can face weekends of driving long distances anymore. Good times. Good memories.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

My son feels the same. He was ready to hang his skates. He still has his gear. He plays pick-up hockey with friends now and then.
@realAzhyaAryola

Bricktop

Ice hockey isn't big in Oz, for some reason.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Ice hockey isn't big in Oz, for some reason.

Neither is cricket here.