The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Why the World Cup pay gap is justified

Started by Anonymous, July 10, 2019, 06:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"LOL

Dunno what all the fuss is about. I get huge offers that men would never get  

ac_biggrin

:laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Winner of the Golden Spoon Award!!!

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fjacksons.greatsouthernrestaurants.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F4%2F2013%2F12%2Fgolden-spoon-hall-of-fame.png&f=1">

And I agree men and women should be paid the same...by reducing men's payments.

The market can do that. Or it can pay them a lot more. We decide their salaries.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fjacksons.greatsouthernrestaurants.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F4%2F2013%2F12%2Fgolden-spoon-hall-of-fame.png&f=1">

The market can do that. Or it can pay them a lot more. We decide their salaries.

Their agents decide their salaries.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "seoulbro"

Their agents decide their salaries.

If the sport is making lots of money.

Wazzzup

Once again the progtards managed to politicize something that should not be politicized , i.e. soccer, because that's what totalitarian control freaks do.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "seoulbro"Women's soccer earned $73 million globally while men's soccer's revenues were $6 billion. What to be paid more, revenues must go up.

Women soccer players demanding they get paid what men soccer players do, is like minor league baseball players or minor league hockey players demanding they get paid what NHL and MLB players get paid, even though minor leagues generate a fraction of the revenue.  Ridiculous.

Once again its the identity politics left throwing gender and race cards at everything, without ever stopping for a millisecond to examine the reasons behind why things are the way they are.

Gaon

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "seoulbro"Women's soccer earned $73 million globally while men's soccer's revenues were $6 billion. What to be paid more, revenues must go up.

Women soccer players demanding they get paid what men soccer players do, is like minor league baseball players or minor league hockey players demanding they get paid what NHL and MLB players get paid, even though minor leagues generate a fraction of the revenue.  Ridiculous.

Once again its the identity politics left throwing gender and race cards at everything, without ever stopping for a millisecond to examine the reasons behind why things are the way they are.

That is exactly the comparison I would have made. Professional to amateur athletes.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

It is ridiculous.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Well then they should be paid almost as much as males.

Sorry, just stirring the pot a bit

Please, stir harder and faster.   :yahoo:

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "cc"Well then they should be paid almost as much as males.

Sorry, just stirring the pot a bit

Please, stir harder and faster.   :yahoo:

Don't worry Peaches, cc will.

Odinson

And the female league is gonna become even less profitable after they get rid of those butt cheek panties.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"And the female league is gonna become even less profitable after they get rid of those butt cheek panties.

I have to admit, that was funny.

:laugh:

Wazzzup

On a tangent-- Dennis Prager weighs in on the left politicizing soccer

For the first time in my life, I did not root for an American team. Whatever the sport, I have always rooted American. But if those who called into my radio show were representative of my audience, many millions of Americans made the same sad choice.

It takes a lot for people like me not to root for an American team. But Megan Rapinoe, the foul-mouthed star of the team, and her fellow players made it possible.

The U.S. women's team disgraced itself. Either its members were cowed into submission by Rapinoe or they agreed (or, at least, never disagreed) with her attacks on the president, her reference to the White House as the "f—ing White House," her refusal since 2016 to participate in the national anthem, and her repeatedly shouting during the team's parade in New York City, "New York, you're the motherf—ing best!"

For example, Rapinoe said, "Every member of the team that I have talked to would not go" to the White House.

Rapinoe is a great soccer player. Other than that, she is unimpressive. She comes across as arrogant, a fool, and a lowlife.[/b]

Why a fool? Because she thinks she has something important to say to the American people and that we need to hear it because she is a great soccer player. She is not alone in this conceit.

Tom Steyer and other billionaires think the same thing about themselves: that because they are better at making money than almost everybody, they must be wiser than almost everybody.

People who excel in one thing are tempted to think they are smart about everything, but that is almost never the case. There is no reason at all to assume that people who excel in anything (other than wisdom) are wiser than anybody else.

Everything the left touches it ruins.[/quote]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"On a tangent-- Dennis Prager weighs in on the left politicizing soccer

For the first time in my life, I did not root for an American team. Whatever the sport, I have always rooted American. But if those who called into my radio show were representative of my audience, many millions of Americans made the same sad choice.

It takes a lot for people like me not to root for an American team. But Megan Rapinoe, the foul-mouthed star of the team, and her fellow players made it possible.

The U.S. women's team disgraced itself. Either its members were cowed into submission by Rapinoe or they agreed (or, at least, never disagreed) with her attacks on the president, her reference to the White House as the "f—ing White House," her refusal since 2016 to participate in the national anthem, and her repeatedly shouting during the team's parade in New York City, "New York, you're the motherf—ing best!"

For example, Rapinoe said, "Every member of the team that I have talked to would not go" to the White House.

Rapinoe is a great soccer player. Other than that, she is unimpressive. She comes across as arrogant, a fool, and a lowlife.[/b]

Why a fool? Because she thinks she has something important to say to the American people and that we need to hear it because she is a great soccer player. She is not alone in this conceit.

Tom Steyer and other billionaires think the same thing about themselves: that because they are better at making money than almost everybody, they must be wiser than almost everybody.

People who excel in one thing are tempted to think they are smart about everything, but that is almost never the case. There is no reason at all to assume that people who excel in anything (other than wisdom) are wiser than anybody else.

Everything the left touches it ruins.
[/quote]
Not all athletes are progtards, but almost all billionaires are.