The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

New Zealand un-bites the bullet.

Started by Bricktop, July 13, 2019, 10:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Why would you need a gun?

I hunt..

How does it work in Finland? Do you have to enter a draw or just buy a tag. Here, it's a tag for deer and a draw for moose.

Odinson

Quote from: "Herman"

I hunt..

How does it work in Finland? Do you have to enter a draw or just buy a tag. Here, it's a tag for deer and a draw for moose.

Our clubs are given certain amount of permits depending on the size of the club and the size of the moose/deer population.

Its population control.

Hunting is a necessity.

Bricktop

That is always debatable.

Nonetheless, why do YOU do it?

Anonymous

I hunt..

Our clubs are given certain amount of permits depending on the size of the club and the size of the moose/deer population.

Its population control.

Hunting is a necessity.

So, you have to be a member of a private club? Here you buy deer tags at hunting and camping stores and enter draws through them too.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Why do you hunt?

Have you never tried wild game Bricktop?

Bricktop

I once ate kangaroo.

That's about it.

I won't eat things killed for fun.

caskur

I hunt..

Its population control.

Hunting is a necessity.

This is interesting because Australia has a feral deer population I didn't even know about.

The deer are being culled but prior to being culled, the drought had driven them to towns eating people's roses.

I thought to myself, "if animals are being driven to towns, let them eat the damn roses. The roses will grow back"

Unless an animal is being killed for food, I'm against hunting. I understand culling but the meat must be utilized.

Too many idiots out there who kill threatened species because they can.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"I once ate kangaroo.

That's about it.

I won't eat things killed for fun.

A hunter friend of ours killed a feral pig. It was cooked on the Webber at his place. It tasted OK.

The only thing I really eat from the wild is seafood. That is because my paternal side are professional crayfishermen.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Getting rid of semis in Australia did NOT stop murder rates.

It only stopped MASS MURDER dead in its tracks.

There is something WORSE than mass murder, its surviving mass murder and being rendered maimed for life imho. I can't think of anything more cruel than that.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

I hunt..

Its population control.

Hunting is a necessity.

This is interesting because Australia has a feral deer population I didn't even know about.

The deer are being culled but prior to being culled, the drought had driven them to towns eating people's roses.

I thought to myself, "if animals are being driven to towns, let them eat the damn roses. The roses will grow back"

Unless an animal is being killed for food, I'm against hunting. I understand culling but the meat must be utilized.

Deer wouldn't have many predators in Australia besides dingos.

Odinson

I hunt..

Its population control.

Hunting is a necessity.

So, you have to be a member of a private club? Here you buy deer tags at hunting and camping stores and enter draws through them too.

It is preferred... And you have to own land to join a club.

However you can get a permit for state owned lands..

But it is so expensive that it aint really an option.

Several thousand euros... You need a few friends with you to make it more affordable.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "caskur"

I hunt..

Its population control.

Hunting is a necessity.

Deer wouldn't have many predators in Australia besides dingos.

The lack of natural predators is the problem here..

We dont like wolves so they are too low in numbers to cull our natural moose population.

Odinson

Quote from: "Bricktop"That is always debatable.

Its not debatable.

The fact is that especially moose becomes really destructive when in high numbers.

They demolish your house, collide with traffic and they destroy the forest.

Pine tree is laplands gold and we dont want to lose entire forests because there is a moose for every tree.

We are gonna have more moose than people within 10 years if we dont hunt them.

I hunt because its what we have always done.. Its a thing we do on the side.

I like the hunt.. Being with the guys, walking in the woods etc.

There is a certain satisfaction in eating something that you have caught yourself.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"That is always debatable.

Its not debatable.

The fact is that especially moose becomes really destructive when in high numbers.

They demolish your house, collide with traffic and they destroy the forest.

Pine tree is laplands gold and we dont want to lose entire forests because there is a moose for every tree.

We are gonna have more moose than people within 10 years if we dont hunt them.

I hunt because its what we have always done.. Its a thing we do on the side.

I like the hunt.. Being with the guys, walking in the woods etc.

There is a certain satisfaction in eating something that you have caught yourself.

Moose is the best tasting hooved wild game I've ever tasted.