The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

New Zealand un-bites the bullet.

Started by Bricktop, July 13, 2019, 10:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Bricktop"That is always debatable.

Nonetheless, why do YOU do it?

Its not debatable.

The fact is that especially moose becomes really destructive when in high numbers.

They demolish your house, collide with traffic and they destroy the forest.

Pine tree is laplands gold and we dont want to lose entire forests because there is a moose for every tree.

We are gonna have more moose than people within 10 years if we dont hunt them.

I hunt because its what we have always done.. Its a thing we do on the side.

I like the hunt.. Being with the guys, walking in the woods etc.

There is a certain satisfaction in eating something that you have caught yourself.

Moose is the best tasting hooved wild game I've ever tasted.

Elk is good, and so is venison. I have tried antelope too that my nephews shot down by Swift Current. It was good too.

caskur

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Why would you need a gun?

I hunt..

How does it work in Finland? Do you have to enter a draw or just buy a tag. Here, it's a tag for deer and a draw for moose.

Our clubs are given certain amount of permits depending on the size of the club and the size of the moose/deer population.

Its population control.

Hunting is a necessity.

This is interesting because Australia has a feral deer population I didn't even know about.

The deer are being culled but prior to being culled, the drought had driven them to towns eating people's roses.

I thought to myself, "if animals are being driven to towns, let them eat the damn roses. The roses will grow back"

Unless an animal is being killed for food, I'm against hunting. I understand culling but the meat must be utilized.

Too many idiots out there who kill threatened species because they can.

Deer wouldn't have many predators in Australia besides dingos.

There are no predators. Not even the dingoes. There aren't many dingoes.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Wazzzup

I hunt..

How does it work in Finland? Do you have to enter a draw or just buy a tag. Here, it's a tag for deer and a draw for moose.

Our clubs are given certain amount of permits depending on the size of the club and the size of the moose/deer population.

Its population control.

Hunting is a necessity.

This is interesting because Australia has a feral deer population I didn't even know about.

The deer are being culled but prior to being culled, the drought had driven them to towns eating people's roses.

I thought to myself, "if animals are being driven to towns, let them eat the damn roses. The roses will grow back"

Unless an animal is being killed for food, I'm against hunting. I understand culling but the meat must be utilized.

I heard the dingos eat people's babies, not deer.

">

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_dingo_ate_my_baby">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_dingo_ate_my_baby

Anonymous

I hunt..

Its population control.

Hunting is a necessity.

There aren't many dingoes left?

caskur

They cull them because they're really a mixture of domestic dog... They kill sheep. Farmers shoot them.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"They cull them because they're really a mixture of domestic dog... They kill sheep. Farmers shoot them.

I saw some in North Queensland. I don't think there is many, if any where you live.

caskur

Quote from: "caskur"They cull them because they're really a mixture of domestic dog... They kill sheep. Farmers shoot them.

I saw some in North Queensland. I don't think there is many, if any where you live.

I've seen a couple of people illegally keep pet dingoes... and two tall dingoes at Healsville Sanctuary in Victoria in the 70s..

At the moment they're starving and attacking people here. (what idiot parents take a child to a known wild dingo refuge?

VVVV

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-20/dingo-attack-fraser-island-toddler-recovering/11033158">https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-20/ ... g/11033158">https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-20/dingo-attack-fraser-island-toddler-recovering/11033158
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

I've seen a couple of people illegally keep pet dingoes... and two tall dingoes at Healsville Sanctuary in Victoria in the 70s..

At the moment they're starving and attacking people here. (what idiot parents take a child to a known wild dingo refuge?

VVVV

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-20/dingo-attack-fraser-island-toddler-recovering/11033158">https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-20/ ... g/11033158">https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-20/dingo-attack-fraser-island-toddler-recovering/11033158

I believe they are bigger than coyotes, but smaller than wolves..

In packs, they must be able to take down large animals.

Bricktop

I've not seen a coyote, but they are quite a bit smaller than a wolf.

They rarely attack larger animals...they could not catch a kangaroo on the run, and won't attack full grown adult humans. Kids are attacked, but rarely fatally, although it has happened. As Caskur acknowledges, taking kids where dingoes inhabit is irresponsibly stupid.

I don't believe they hunt in packs like wolves, either.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I've not seen a coyote, but they are quite a bit smaller than a wolf.

They rarely attack larger animals...they could not catch a kangaroo on the run, and won't attack full grown adult humans. Kids are attacked, but rarely fatally, although it has happened. As Caskur acknowledges, taking kids where dingoes inhabit is irresponsibly stupid.

I don't believe they hunt in packs like wolves, either.

In packs, they would be perfect predators for deer or feral sheep.

Bricktop

Deer would be too large, but they do kill sheep. Not as many as you think, as there is a dingo proof fence that stretches across Australia to keep them away from pastoral areas and it is quite effective.

Frood

They're still there. In wheelchairs and tartan blankets.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Deer would be too large, but they do kill sheep. Not as many as you think, as there is a dingo proof fence that stretches across Australia to keep them away from pastoral areas and it is quite effective.

A pack of dingoes can't kill a ninety kg deer?

ac_wot

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"Deer would be too large, but they do kill sheep. Not as many as you think, as there is a dingo proof fence that stretches across Australia to keep them away from pastoral areas and it is quite effective.

ac_wot

They could if the deer is cornered but most deer here are much larger than 90 kg.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

ac_wot

They could if the deer is cornered but most deer here are much larger than 90 kg.

What type of deer do you have?