Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

Children

Started by Anonymous, July 19, 2019, 02:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Cronus"Fortunately.....kids are not dirty laundry.

I don't recall anyone saying they were. However, some people think comments about their personal choices they themselves have elected to share are attacks on their kids.

I agree with this distinction.  Both SG and my home board have made attacks on the children themselves strictly off limits.  Some other forums also follow this practice.

ETA... flaming posters about their own lifestyle choices is still fair game on a flame sub, unless those choices have come to the forum through PI exploits.

Odinson

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Odinson"Herman dropped his Little Boy into their Hiroshima..

Many times with many Japanese housewives.

Fashie just had a stroke.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"

I don't recall anyone saying they were. However, some people think comments about their personal choices they themselves have elected to share are attacks on their kids.

I agree with this distinction.  Both SG and my home board have made attacks on the children themselves strictly off limits.  Some other forums also follow this practice.

ETA... flaming posters about their own lifestyle choices is still fair game on a flame sub, unless those choices have come to the forum through PI exploits.

I agree, if you reveal your choices, it's all fair game. But, and there is a but, it bothers me when my past problems with alcohol are thrown in my face. I am proud of my turnaround in my life. I am proud of my nearly decade and a half of sobriety. Doesn't matter though, because I USED to drink.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

I agree, if you reveal your choices, it's all fair game. But, and there is a but, it bothers me when my past problems with alcohol are thrown in my face. I am proud of my turnaround in my life. I am proud of my nearly decade and a half of sobriety. Doesn't matter though, because I USED to drink.

Brother, look who is doing that? A sixty year old virgin who doesn't have two dimes to rub together. You have a good job, you are going to retire in a tropical country in 4-5 years and your old lady is a nurse. You have stuff to live for. Old Joe does not and he is green with envy.

Anonymous

I'm pretty open about having a checkered past history, particularly since it was half my life ago.  I've been in recovery since the early eighties, and my life speaks for itself at this point.  I feel anyone with double-digit recovery is very credible, and if I were you I simply would laugh off such weak flaming.

@realAzhyaAryola

Then they shouldn't be surprised if they got slapped silly for it and refrain from claiming they have thick skin if they are going to wail.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

I'm pretty open about having a checkered past history, particularly since it was half my life ago.  I've been in recovery since the early eighties, and my life speaks for itself at this point.  I feel anyone with double-digit recovery is very credible, and if I were you I simply would laugh off such weak flaming.

We do not often agree, but this is one of those times. Old Jock's turnaround is a success story.

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

Then they shouldn't be surprised if they got slapped silly for it and refrain from claiming they have thick skin if they are going to wail.

They should expect it.

@realAzhyaAryola

They should expect it.

Then again, probably some love the attention. Who the hell knows.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

We do not often agree, but this is one of those times. Old Jock's turnaround is a success story.

I am always happy to hear success stories. More power to all who have succeeded and those who are succeeding.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
They should expect it.

Then again, probably some love the attention. Who the hell knows.

I guarantee some are attention whores.

Anonymous

Actually we agree a lot more often than either of us wants to admit.  Our primary difference is just a matter of style.

Anonymous

Actually we agree a lot more often than either of us wants to admit.  Our primary difference is just a matter of style.

Yeah, Herm doesn't know how to communicate with sober people. ac_toofunny

Odinson

Its finnish dating tradition to get the woman drunk..

Thats why I keep booze in the house.

Anonymous

This thread has taken a number of turns.