Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Opinion Article - Europe in crisis mode, Germany's in trouble: Andy Brenner

Started by cc, August 17, 2019, 05:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

The health of Europe largest economy as Germany teeters  on the edge of a recession

A decline in exports dampened the German economy, which shrunk by 0.1 percent in the second quarter of 2019.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/germany-economy-europe-global-recession-andy-brenner">"Germany is in terrible shape with negative GDP this week and with their expectations looking for another negative GDP in the third quarter, the Germans are going to be forced to open up their pockets and do fiscal stimulus," NatAlliance global fixed income head Andy Brenner told FOX Business' Liz Claman on Friday.

The health of Europe Opens a New Window. 's largest economy is in trouble as Germany Opens a New Window. teeters on the edge of a recession Opens a New Window. .

A decline in exports dampened the German economy, which shrunk by 0.1 percent in the second quarter of 2019.

"Germany is in terrible shape with negative GDP this week and with their expectations looking for another negative GDP in the third quarter, the Germans are going to be forced to open up their pockets and do fiscal stimulus," NatAlliance global fixed income head Andy Brenner told FOX Business' Liz Claman on Friday.

Brenner added Europe's lack of control over the trade war Opens a New Window. between the U.S. and China will most likely create a global recession

"I think that Europe is going to have a lot of hurt, and I don't see a solution in the near term," he said.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Seoul, what do you think?

I posted about this is the Money Sense thread. This is bad news for Europe.

The German economy is similar to Japan's. It is heavily dependent on exports. Because it is an aged society it has weak domestic demand and people tend to save, not spend. In other words, the opposite of the Canadian economy. If exports slide in Germany or Japan they cannot expect consumers to save the economy.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

The German economy is similar to Japan's. It is heavily dependent on exports. Because it is an aged society it has weak domestic demand and people tend to save, not spend. In other words, the opposite of the Canadian economy. If exports slide in Germany or Japan they cannot expect consumers to save the economy.

I see, thank you Seoul.

ac_smile

Anonymous

I read Germany is running budgetary surpluses. How does an old country do that?

Gaon

Quote from: "Herman"

They don't need new schools, roads, and other infrastructure.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"

More people collecting pensions. I would say health care too, but a lot of Germans have private coverage.

Anonymous

More people collecting pensions. I would say health care too, but a lot of Germans have private coverage.

It will be all but impossible for provinces not to run budget deficits in the future if we don't reform health care soon.

Gaon

Quote from: "Fashionista"

It will be all but impossible for provinces not to run budget deficits in the future if we don't reform health care soon.

I am not impressed with Canadian health care.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Taiwan's system is better..

I wonder about Finland's health care delivery?

Odi has never said anything about it.

Anonymous

A hell of a lot of people agree with you.

Anonymous

Speaking of Canadian health care, I know a retired railroader who just got a big bill for the ambulance that came to his house when he had a heart attack.

Odinson

We have health insurance that is being paid by the taxpayers..

It pretty much covers everything..

But... The hospital system itself is inefficient, unprofessional... As you would expect from a public sector establishment.

There are good nurses and doctors but a big portion of them are just barely able and would have been fired a long time ago if they were working in a private hospital.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"We have health insurance that is being paid by the taxpayers..

It pretty much covers everything..

But... The hospital system itself is inefficient, unprofessional... As you would expect from a public sector establishment.

There are good nurses and doctors but a big portion of them are just barely able and would have been fired a long time ago if they were working in a private hospital.

Our health care system is paid for by the taxpayer too. But, there's still a lot it doesn't cover. And our health care system is unsustainable, so more services are being delisted(not covered).