The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

BQ surges and screws liberals

Started by sasquatch, October 08, 2019, 09:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"Andrew Scheer is a weak leader who created the PPC by stabbing Bernier and silencing the libertarian wing of the Conservative Party. I predict Scheer will be the first party leader turfed.

His support has dropped five to seven points since the election started.

sasquatch

Quote from: "Fashionista"Today is the big day..

I predict the final result will be a Liberal-NDP coalition.

If it does end up being a minority, i hope it ends up having to be a Liberal-NDP-Bloc-Green coalition, because those self-serving twats would be too busy being at eachother's throats to do anything and probably colapse within a year and give the CPC a chance to get better leader candidate.

Anonymous

Quote from: "sasquatch"

If it does end up being a minority, i hope it ends up having to be a Liberal-NDP-Bloc-Green coalition, because those self-serving twats would be too busy being at eachother's throats to do anything and probably colapse within a year and give the CPC a chance to get better leader candidate.

If it's a minority government, and it probably will be, I wonder how long it will last.

Anonymous

Canada is screwed no matter who emerges victorious.

sasquatch

Quote from: "Fashionista"

If it's a minority government, and it probably will be, I wonder how long it will last.

as history has shown, it lasts as long as it is politically convenient for a party. the late 2000's we did have 3 elections until the CPC finally got a majority in 2011. each time the liberals lost more seats until michael ignatieff goofed up and the NDP became the official opposition.

So, what will probably hapen if if polling suddenly shows the liberals in position to get a majority back, you know damn well those slimey bastards will go for it, ot if jagmeet has a chance he will go for it.

Anonymous

as history has shown, it lasts as long as it is politically convenient for a party. the late 2000's we did have 3 elections until the CPC finally got a majority in 2011. each time the liberals lost more seats until michael ignatieff goofed up and the NDP became the official opposition.

So, what will probably hapen if if polling suddenly shows the liberals in position to get a majority back, you know damn well those slimey bastards will go for it, ot if jagmeet has a chance he will go for it.

I read, perhaps here that the NDP is broke..

They will make this coalition government last because the can't afford another election.

Anonymous

I read, perhaps here that the NDP is broke..

They will make this coalition government last because the can't afford another election.

They are broke, and that's no joke.

cc

I would have thought he's do somewhat better
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

I guess Canada has now gone left full cycle ... what with consevs being merely liberal lite
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

sasquatch

Well, my money is that Trudeau will tell fagmeat to piss up a rope and cozy up to the bloc.

Anonymous

Quote from: "sasquatch"Well, my money is that Trudeau will tell fagmeat to piss up a rope and cozy up to the bloc.

My money is that the NDP has no money. Which means they are the most desperate to make a deal.

Anonymous

Raising voter fears helped Trudeau to victory

Ottawa — Prime Minister Justin trudeau pulled off a second consecutive election win earlier this week with a late change in tactics designed to scare progressive voters who showed signs of abandoning Liberal candidates, four Liberal campaign sources said.

as polls indicated he could lose, trudeau ditched his "sunny ways" persona that had swept him to power in 2015 and started hammering away at three smaller parties on the left, warning their supporters that if they didn't vote Liberal, the progressive vote would splinter and allow the opposition conservatives to take power. during the last two weeks of the campaign, trudeau repeatedly told supporters that voting for the rival new democrats, bloc Quebecois and Greens would result in a progressive opposition, not a progressive government.

"We're doing this because it works," one Liberal official said of the strategy as the campaign reached its climax last week. He and the three other Liberal aides and strategists in this story declined to be named because they were not authorized to discuss campaign strategy.

rival parties lately complained about what they saw as fearmongering by trudeau, who won a healthy minority and should be safe for the next two years. "the Liberals like to talk progressive, but they govern conservative," Jagmeet Singh, leader of the new democrats, said on Oct 15. "I want people to dream big. don't settle for less."

Former Liberal prime minister Paul Martin used the same fear-inspiring technique in the last week of 2004 election, during which he managed to fight off a challenge from the conservatives.

"It's absolutely a legitimate strategy by people who want to drive votes towards them based on fear of the worst result," said tim Murphy, who was Martin's chief of staff at the time.

Former Liberal deputy prime minister John Manley said Monday's results in the populous province of Ontario, where the party held onto virtually all of its seats, showed the tactic had worked.

Support for the new democrats, seen as a major left-leaning challenger in some seats, fell markedly in the last few days, allowing trudeau to stay in power, he noted.

"you'd rather people voted enthusiastically for you rather than against someone else, but at the end of the day, who won?" Manley said in a phone interview. neither the Liberal nor conservative campaign spokespeople were immediately available for comment.

the victory was all the more remarkable because Liberal campaign officials had heard from the first day about deep dissatisfaction with trudeau from long-time supporters.

trudeau came into the campaign trying to shake off the effects of an ethics scandal and ran into further problems when photos emerged of him wearing black face.

"Some people are telling me 'normally I would vote for you, but a vote for you is a vote for (trudeau) and I'm not voting for him come hell or high water'," said one Liberal legislator who declined to be named.