Started by Anonymous, October 24, 2019, 08:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Quote from: Blazor post_id=388346 time=1603729013 user_id=2221
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=388328 time=1603724015 user_id=1676
Quote from: Blazor post_id=388326 time=1603722822 user_id=2221
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=388322 time=1603722180 user_id=1676
Quote from: Blazor post_id=388320 time=1603721336 user_id=2221
Lol thanks for the belated wishes lol. I was pretty tipsy last night lol.

I camped Friday night. Got my jumbo margarita last night, but I had much more to drink at home lol.

I envy you.... our state leader Kim Jong Dan Andrews went back on his word and still has us trapped in our homes and unable to go more than roughly 15 miles away or camp somewhere...

I've got so much new gear that is untested. Like this all in one stainless grill unit for over camp-fire coals that stores itself in the tube:

https://i.postimg.cc/mZt86Dm8/20201027-011950.jpg">

Or the brand new inflatible canvas swag (tent)...

Fly on over here, we'll go camping  ac_drinks

Y'all going through some bullshit.

:thumbup:

I'd love to camp in the States again one day... just a hammock and hammock fly over it and a bug net for the head. You guys don't have to take too many precautions except for maybe rattlesnakes and black bears. There's so many things here...mostly small, that wander at night and stuff people up.

I love it here in the Blue Ridge Mountains. My friend had a hammock Friday night, but he opted for his tent to sleep in.

We had a blast, being as loud as we wanted with no one around. Played our fiddles and his banjo. He got so drunk, he tripped, and landed on his fiddle, and broke it hahahaha. Luckily it was a cheap one. We partied til 4am lol.

You can see his hammock in the background lol. Can barely see my tent to the left of it in the trees. It has a dark green rain-fly on it lol.

https://i.ibb.co/B6jkg92/camp.jpg">

Looks just like the Appalachian part I did some survival training in decades ago (Kittatinny).

Had to eat crawdads out of creeks, sleep in a self made squirrel hut during lightning storms, and learn to not burn mountain laurel. Had a blast...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Blazor post_id=388346 time=1603729013 user_id=2221
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=388328 time=1603724015 user_id=1676
Quote from: Blazor post_id=388326 time=1603722822 user_id=2221
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=388322 time=1603722180 user_id=1676
Quote from: Blazor post_id=388320 time=1603721336 user_id=2221
Lol thanks for the belated wishes lol. I was pretty tipsy last night lol.

I camped Friday night. Got my jumbo margarita last night, but I had much more to drink at home lol.

I envy you.... our state leader Kim Jong Dan Andrews went back on his word and still has us trapped in our homes and unable to go more than roughly 15 miles away or camp somewhere...

I've got so much new gear that is untested. Like this all in one stainless grill unit for over camp-fire coals that stores itself in the tube:

https://i.postimg.cc/mZt86Dm8/20201027-011950.jpg">

Or the brand new inflatible canvas swag (tent)...

Fly on over here, we'll go camping  ac_drinks

Y'all going through some bullshit.

I'd love to camp in the States again one day... just a hammock and hammock fly over it and a bug net for the head. You guys don't have to take too many precautions except for maybe rattlesnakes and black bears. There's so many things here...mostly small, that wander at night and stuff people up.

I love it here in the Blue Ridge Mountains. My friend had a hammock Friday night, but he opted for his tent to sleep in.

We had a blast, being as loud as we wanted with no one around. Played our fiddles and his banjo. He got so drunk, he tripped, and landed on his fiddle, and broke it hahahaha. Luckily it was a cheap one. We partied til 4am lol.

You can see his hammock in the background lol. Can barely see my tent to the left of it in the trees. It has a dark green rain-fly on it lol.

https://i.ibb.co/B6jkg92/camp.jpg">

It looks like summer..

Everything was covered in white here..

It's one degree today, so the snow is melting.

Blazor

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=388347 time=1603729557 user_id=1676

Looks just like the Appalachian part I did some survival training in decades ago (Kittatinny).

Had to eat crawdads out of creeks, sleep in a self made squirrel hut during lightning storms, and learn to not burn mountain laurel. Had a blast...

Hell yeah!

Yup, we got crawdads here lol. My friend that camped with me use to be in the service too. Was telling me how he would stake down the corners of his poncho to sleep under in the rain.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=388348 time=1603729954 user_id=3254
It looks like summer..

We were in tshirts most the night lol. Light jacket in the morning.

We are in peak leaf season here. 70 by day and 50 at night all this week. Prime camping time.

Frood

Quote from: Blazor post_id=388355 time=1603730811 user_id=2221

Hell yeah!

Yup, we got crawdads here lol. My friend that camped with me use to be in the service too. Was telling me how he would stake down the corners of his poncho to sleep under in the rain.

We got a garbage bag and a jack-knife. Garbage bag to cover our huts or collect rain water and the knife to do everything else...

....to be fair, we failed to make it all 4 days. The top of the mountain we were at got lightning strikes so bad, we were all blinded, deafened, and getting smouldering tree limbs dropped around us. We had to evacuate at like 2 am in the dark a few hours walk down the mountain. How none of us got struck is beyond me... every 20 seconds for hours there was a strike.
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=388359 time=1603731311 user_id=1676

Hell yeah!

We got a garbage bag and a jack-knife. Garbage bag to cover our huts or collect rain water and the knife to do everything else...

....to be fair, we failed to make it all 4 days. The top of the mountain we were at got lightning strikes so bad, we were all blinded, deafened, and getting smouldering tree limbs dropped around us. We had to evacuate at like 2 am in the dark a few hours walk down the mountain. How none of us got struck is beyond me... every 20 seconds for hours there was a strike.

Damn dude!

Yeah we get crazy storms here sometimes lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: Blazor post_id=388356 time=1603730916 user_id=2221
It looks like summer..

We are in peak leaf season here. 70 by day and 50 at night all this week. Prime camping time.

So, roughly ten to seventeen degrees..

We were closer to the minus side of those numbers.

Renee

Happy Belated Birthday, you rebel bastard... :thumbup:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Frood

Quote from: Blazor post_id=388360 time=1603731652 user_id=2221
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=388359 time=1603731311 user_id=1676

Hell yeah!

Damn dude!

Yeah we get crazy storms here sometimes lol.

It was fun still...

More fun than a year before where I got marched up the same mountain and made to work hard in the heat and silently, with two slices of bread per day, for a weekend. It wasn't military, but perhaps you might work it out....what it was for....
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Happy belated birthday Blazor. ac_drinks

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=388361 time=1603731836 user_id=3254
Quote from: Blazor post_id=388356 time=1603730916 user_id=2221
It looks like summer..

So, roughly ten to seventeen degrees..

We were closer to the minus side of those numbers.

It is supposed to be seven degrees here tomorrow.

Anonymous

Happy belated b-day Blaze. :3og2y8p:

Frood

You make mastiff martini party for him?
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Happy Birthday to the coolest man in TBC.  ac_drinks  ac_cool
Permanently off his rocker

Blazor

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=388367 time=1603733805 user_id=1676
...but perhaps you might work it out....what it was for....

I think so  ac_biggrin