Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

They got Baghdadi

Started by cc, October 27, 2019, 12:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Dunno how this will affect the future of IS ..  maybe a lot, maybe little depending on how it is set up

.. he chose the easy islamic / coward's way out ... detonated an explosive vest as U.S. Special Operations Forces stormed his compound in the Idrib Province .. died whimpering at the end of a dead-end tunnel.

His final act killed 5 others including 2 of his wives

the U.S. had al-Baghdadi under surveillance for weeks.

The USA killed Osama Bin Laden and that didn't end terror.

cc

Ending terror killing must NEVER be thought of as the objective - We will never end terror - The kranny insures it will always exist

However, the realistic effort must be to capture or kill leaders on down through the ranks as it reduces the number of its victims

With leaders, that "reduction" element is magnified as it is they who inspire and plan killings by so many others

+ Actually, Al Q has not been effective since killing its "spiritual" leader, indicating it works - I do expect they will become a huge force in future - meantime many lives have been saved
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Ending terror killing must NEVER be thought of as the objective - We will never end terror - The kranny insures it will always exist

However, the realistic effort must be to capture or kill leaders on down through the ranks as it reduces the number of its victims

With leaders, that "reduction" element is magnified as it is they who inspire and plan killings by so many others

Okay, so killing or capturing leading figures is the best we can hope for.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Dunno how this will affect the future of IS ..  maybe a lot, maybe little depending on how it is set up

.. he chose the easy islamic / coward's way out ... detonated an explosive vest as U.S. Special Operations Forces stormed his compound in the Idrib Province .. died whimpering at the end of a dead-end tunnel.

His final act killed 5 others including 2 of his wives

the U.S. had al-Baghdadi under surveillance for weeks.

May he burn in hell.

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc"Ending terror killing must NEVER be thought of as the objective - We will never end terror - The kranny insures it will always exist

Not the best - That and breaking plots of lower level killers and eliminating lower level players " are the best we can hope for."

Many choosing the "kill for allah"  role (one of many self-chosen risk / heavenly reward roles) is built into the kranny ...  thus is kranny- guaranteed to continue .. so long as islam exists

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"

Not the best - That and breaking plots of lower level killers and eliminating lower level players " is the best we can hope for."

Many choosing the "kill for allah"  role (one of many self-chosen risk / heavenly reward roles) is built into the kranny ...  thus is kranny- guaranteed to continue .. so long as islam exists

Infiltration is the best we can do. That is how we uncover and stop planned attacks.

cc

So much for all that "expert" opinion in the last few weeks in the mainstream media that President Trump's pullout of U.S. troops from Syria would inevitably bring the recrudescence of ISIS.

Who knows. With the timing, maybe their pullout made the deeply holed up for years guy more willing to move around and be spotted?

Russia was told they were "going after IS" (and no more) - so they cooperated in staying clear of US planes used

Apparently he used his own kids as cover between him and US troops .. then blew himself and them up

Having gotten so many to die and / or be captured  for him, in the end he was a lowlife coward who did everything possible to not be captured

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "cc"

Not the best - That and breaking plots of lower level killers and eliminating lower level players " is the best we can hope for."

Infiltration is the best we can do. That is how we uncover and stop planned attacks.

That's how CSIS discovered the plot to blow up a VIA Rail train.

cc

and how many countries broke many more plots

Keep in mind that IS is now worldwide .. Afghan, Russia, every EU country, Philippines, US, here

We shall see if and how loss of their spiritual leader affects then

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"and many many more plots

Keep in mind that IS is now worldwide .. Afghan, Russia, every EU country, Philippines, here

And the West keeps welcoming more IS supporters every year.

cc

True .. all potential prospects - each will chose his own kranny listed risk / reward role .. some WILL chose killing for allah

We shall see if and how loss of their spiritual leader affects then

What I'm seeing lately, is MANY individual attacks - random stabbings or car runovers etc. ... should do a thread to keep adding them to - difficult as police cooperation is very poor .. picked up 3 today in Europe, UK and OZ - a brit  decapitation ONLY got police warning not to post videos - would be arrested for doing so .. zero other info although name was given by neighbors

Anonymous

This is the biggest news story in the world and all I can think of are my son's Halloween costumes. Even the election, I could've slept through it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"This is the biggest news story in the world and all I can think of are my son's Halloween costumes. Even the election, I could've slept through it.

I was like that too when my children were as young as yours.

cc

True. Young children are a mother's priority

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"True. Young children are a mother's priority

Yes, I realize it's hard for white women to balance child rearing and staying on top of current events, but I thought I could do it. ac_razz