Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

It's impossible to live in China without an internet connected phone

Started by Anonymous, December 22, 2019, 02:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazor

I still like using cash. Fuckers dont need to know my business. I only pay my bills with debit cards and checks. All store purchases I use cash.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"I still like using cash. Fuckers dont need to know my business. I only pay my bills with debit cards and checks. All store purchases I use cash.

We have direct debit for most of our bills.

Thiel

I travel to China regularly for business. I have a Chinese phone with a WeChat app. You need it there.
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

Quote from: "Thiel"I travel to China regularly for business. I have a Chinese phone with a WeChat app. You need it there.

Than you must have a Chinese bank account too Thiel?

Thiel

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Thiel"I travel to China regularly for business. I have a Chinese phone with a WeChat app. You need it there.

i have a HSBC rmb bank account. But, WeChat Pay now supports Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, and Discover. The only people using cash in China were foreigners. But, many places do not accept cash payments.
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

Quote from: "Thiel"

i have a HSBC rmb bank account. But, WeChat Pay now supports Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, and Discover. The only people using cash in China were foreigners. But, many places do not accept cash payments.

I see, thank you Thiel.

Anonymous

China doesn't have a developed financial system, so they need something home grown.

Vancouver

WeChat doesn't use NFC Like Google Pay and Apple Pay? Merchants scan the QR Code on the WeChat app to receive payment? I think that's how it works. Cause only a select number of places here accept WeChat for payment. While Google Pay can be used wherever debit and credit are accepted by tap.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"

WeChat doesn't use NFC Like Google Pay and Apple Pay? Merchants scan the QR Code on the WeChat app to receive payment? I think that's how it works. Cause only a select number of places here accept WeChat for payment. While Google Pay can be used wherever debit and credit are accepted by tap.

What old Thiel is saying is that foreigners can now use those pay apps without having a Chinese bank account.

Vancouver

The chinese malls here is the opposite. Businesses only accepts cash.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"The chinese malls here is the opposite. Businesses only accepts cash.

And the Chinks in Vancouver all have credit cards too. That is weird.

Vancouver

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"The chinese malls here is the opposite. Businesses only accepts cash.

Businesses have to pay fees for credit card transactions. Plus tax evasion is a common practice. The hotdog guy that I know he pays a monthly fee for a debit/credit machine. I no like carrying cash. We are going into a cashless society. Digital transactions is convenient. In 10 years bums wouldn't be asking for spare change. They will have to find another way to make money.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Quote from: "Herman"

Businesses have to pay fees for credit card transactions. Plus tax evasion is a common practice. The hotdog guy that I know he pays a monthly fee for a debit/credit machine. I no like carrying cash. We are going into a cashless society. Digital transactions is convenient. In 10 years bums wouldn't be asking for spare change. They will have to find another way to make money.

You get money back at the end of the year if you pay for everything by credit card. We usually get two to three thousand bucks.