Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

THE RED ONION!

Started by Saltydog, September 09, 2013, 12:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saltydog

I have been lazy all this weekend so I went to the RED ONION on 41rst near Arbutus! I hadn't been there in years but the burgers were still very good!

2028 W 41st Ave  Vancouver, BC V6M 1Y7

(604) 263-0833

http://smokysweet.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/red-onion-1-890x595.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Saltydog"I have been lazy all this weekend so I went to the RED ONION on 41rst near Arbutus! I hadn't been there in years but the burgers were still very good!

2028 W 41st Ave  Vancouver, BC V6M 1Y7

(604) 263-0833

http://smokysweet.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/red-onion-1-890x595.jpg">

Are the burgers hand crafted on location?

Saltydog

They are all handmade fresh - the buns are from the bakery two doors down. I used to go there all the time with my dad when he was still alive but this this the first time I have been since. It was nice to see that the place is still locally owned and of excellent quality.

Not quite the same as before but still a very good burger!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Saltydog"They are all handmade fresh - the buns are from the bakery two doors down. I used to go there all the time with my dad when he was still alive but this this the first time I have been since. It was nice to see that the place is still locally owned and of excellent quality.

Not quite the same as before but still a very good burger!

That is not common these days.

Odinson

The place has to be better class but if it is something like mcdonalds etc. then no way.

Saltydog

No, it is a nice place. It isn't a cheap place as the burgers by themselves are between $8-$13. They are very big and and you don't need to order the fries.

Odinson

Quote from: "Saltydog"No, it is a nice place. It isn't a cheap place as the burgers by themselves are between $8-$13. They are very big and and you don't need to order the fries.

That´s pretty cheap, man...

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Saltydog"No, it is a nice place. It isn't a cheap place as the burgers by themselves are between $8-$13. They are very big and and you don't need to order the fries.

Yes, there are some home made fresh burgers that go for $50-$100 these days...and they even come with the fries.

There are only 2 places where I enjoy a good burger from...Red Robins (the beef whisky river burger...gotta love them crispy onions!!) and Montana's (the Firecracker burger!...gotta the love the crispy onions AND the jalapeno's!)

But over all, I prefer to buy my own ground beef and miz in my own spices, minced onion and garlic, etc....sometimes I even stuff it with cubes of cheddar cheese!  Put it on the bbq!  So Good!

Odinson

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Odinson"

Yes, there are some home made fresh burgers that go for $50-$100 these days...and they even come with the fries.

There are only 2 places where I enjoy a good burger from...Red Robins (the beef whisky river burger...gotta love them crispy onions!!) and Montana's (the Firecracker burger!...gotta the love the crispy onions AND the jalapeno's!)

But over all, I prefer to buy my own ground beef and miz in my own spices, minced onion and garlic, etc....sometimes I even stuff it with cubes of cheddar cheese!  Put it on the bbq!  So Good!

Yeah that 100bucks sounds about right.

I do like to do them myself too. Damn BBQ season is almost over...