News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "seoulbro"I get a sore throat every year in the early stages of spring. I haven't had it yet, but if I do I will be nervous like TVG is.

Exactly lol. I was pretty nervous last week, not gonna lie lol. But same here with Spring.

We're all on edge right now.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Those are some really low numbers compared to America with 68,000+ cases and over 600 dead. Many Australians must have recovered.

The thing here in the U.S., is all the younger folks that think this is no big deal and are still having get togethers and such. The worst being in the big cities and on college campuses. Sure the ones in college are not going to class, but they are still on campus. The areas with the most cases are in big cities too. Places like my area, we only have a hand full of cases. A student, an 80 year old, and a few others, last I heard.

Something is wrong with my throat. No coughing but really dry throat. Probably just a cold. A coworker gave me a box of 50 level 3 face masks. Not N95 but good enough.

I reported the same on here last week with my throat. Gf was the same. We were chalking it up to allergies, and praying thats all it was lol. Cause other than that we felt fine. We have still been avoiding others though.

With the throat, I noticed it was better after rest and food. Too much activity made it worse. Im feeling better this week. Does your lymph node on one side feel swollen?

If you do not have a fever and you are not having breathing issues, you should be okay. It might be good to have a thermometer handy so you can check your temperature.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Something we were told at work is that some asymptomatic carriers of the virus may not have a sense of taste or smell.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"Something we were told at work is that some asymptomatic carriers of the virus may not have a sense of taste or smell.

Yup, I posted that a couple days ago in the helpful thread. BF posted about how folks will look like they have allergies, or red eyeshadow, and I saw the link to it off that.

Im not gonna lie, I still had taste, but it was off. And I had a light fever, but was only light, like I wondered if I even had one. Still thinking it was just an allergy induced cold.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Vancouver

Quote from: "Fashionista"Something we were told at work is that some asymptomatic carriers of the virus may not have a sense of taste or smell.

Yup, I posted that a couple days ago in the helpful thread. BF posted about how folks will look like they have allergies, or red eyeshadow, and I saw the link to it off that.

Im not gonna lie, I still had taste, but it was off. And I had a light fever, but was only light, like I wondered if I even had one. Still thinking it was just an allergy induced cold.

What part of America you in?
Time is malleable

Vancouver

I'm happy at Canadian Tire are limiting the amount of people in the store. Because people have to lineup to get in they are not gonna go back for a second round for the limited products such as hand sanitizer, toilet paper, gloves, and cleaning products.

Limited 2 bottles of hand sanitizers and 1 Lysol all purpose cleaner per customer. Toilet paper was all sold out despite 1 per customer.  

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49701317173_70b0ca347b_b.jpg">
Time is malleable

Blazor

What part of America you in?

Virginia, in the southwest part of the state, Roanoke.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Vancouver

Virginia, in the southwest part of the state, Roanoke.

It doesn't seem too bad there. Roughly 460 cases.

The United States is now number 1 in the entire world.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49702778891_dde824c7d5_b.jpg">
Time is malleable

cc

QuoteThe United States is now number 1 in the entire world.

Is there  a point in that?

Populations .. Cases

US 330 m .....85,377

Italy 60 m ....80,500

Spain 46 m ...58,000

Germany 83m ..43,938

France 65m ......30,000
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Vancouver

Quote from: "cc"

Populations .. Cases

US 330 m .....85,377

Italy 60 m ....80,500

Spain 46 m ...58,000

Germany 83m ..43,938

France 65m ......30,000

Give it another week.
Time is malleable

cc

Quote from: "cc"

Populations .. Cases

US 330 m .....85,377

Italy 60 m ....80,500

Spain 46 m ...58,000

Germany 83m ..43,938

France 65m ......30,000

Give it another week.

The others are climbing rapidly - Surprise to me is German 2x US per capita  .. .mind you, they were slower to act

Again, what's the point

You want to see US hurt worse?

Canada 30 m ..... 4500 ... not as bad as the above per capita ......so far

Mind you, we are more spread out than all the above

I want to see them ALL slow down and stop

Vancouver

Well 4500 compared to 85,000 does hurt for americans. I do not wish to see anymore damage for the united states.
Time is malleable

cc

I didn't quite get that but ya, I want to see them ALL  stop

I've been keeping logs

Since Mar 14, all the above have accelerated at a rate more than double  to Canada ... Europe really fast

Again, we are more spread out - it certainly isn't actions taken, as our effort pales before the others

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"I didn't quite get that but ya, I want to see them ALL  stop

I've been keeping logs

Since Mar 14, all the above have accelerated at a rate more than double  to Canada ... Europe really fast

Again, we are more spread out - it certainly isn't actions taken, as our effort pales before the others

The US and Italy have done a lot to try and stop it. Canada, not that much really. We still don't have the federal government declaring a national emergency like the US and Europe.

Vancouver

Quote from: "Herman"
The US and Italy have done a lot to try and stop it. Canada, not that much really. We still don't have the federal government declaring a national emergency like the US and Europe.

Ontario and Quebec ordered all non essential businesses to shutdown. BC has not done that despite our number of cases being on par with Ontario. A good number of my coworkers are still working.
Time is malleable