News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Quote from: "Herman"
The US and Italy have done a lot to try and stop it. Canada, not that much really. We still don't have the federal government declaring a national emergency like the US and Europe.

Ontario and Quebec ordered all non essential businesses to shutdown. BC has not done that despite our number of cases being on par with Ontario. A good number of my coworkers are still working.

I meant at the national level. Washington and Rome declared national states of emergency. Ottawa has not declared a state of emergency. Trudeau hinted at it, but backed off. All provinces have declared states of emergency with varying levels of restrictions.

In Saskatchewan, if you leave the province to go to Alberta for cheaper booze, you must quarantine for fourteen days when you return.

Vancouver

In Saskatchewan, if you leave the province to go to Alberta for cheaper booze, you must quarantine for fourteen days when you return.
Hmm. I thought you only need to quarantine for 14 days when return from another country. If I were to step into Alberta and come back it would make no sense to quarantine.
Time is malleable

Frood

Hmm. I thought you only need to quarantine for 14 days when return from another country. If I were to step into Alberta and come back it would make no sense to quarantine.

Great business opportunity for someone to move sanitized alcohol packages across the legal border with a remote control car for half the savings? Electronic funds transfer by phone etc...
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Some people incubate this virus up to 28 days.

The problem we have with self quarantining is that people aren't doing it.

The cops in Australia randomly checked up on self quarantiners and SEVEN weren't home. That is a criminal offense in Oz. People aren't towing the line and that puts everyone's life in danger.

I tell you what, if front liners walk out, society will be unlivable.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

2/3 of AUSTRALIAN people with the virus are flying home from other countries.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Vancouver

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"
Great business opportunity for someone to move sanitized alcohol packages across the legal border with a remote control car for half the savings? Electronic funds transfer by phone etc...

Hey I just ordered 6 of these on Amazon. Doesn't do anything against coronavirus. I use em to wipe my phone and clean my desk etc. I bought 4 last week at a local Canadian Tire but they're sold out now.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71sT-jQ6XYL._AC_SY355_.jpg">
Time is malleable

Odinson

Quote from: "caskur"2/3 of AUSTRALIAN people with the virus are flying home from other countries.

Same thing with Finland..

Probably mostly citizens (not finns)..

Iraqis, syrians, somalis.. Returning from their taxpayer funded family unification vacations.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"

Hey I just ordered 6 of these on Amazon. Doesn't do anything against coronavirus. I use em to wipe my phone and clean my desk etc. I bought 4 last week at a local Canadian Tire but they're sold out now.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71sT-jQ6XYL._AC_SY355_.jpg">

I looked for hand sanitizing wipes on Amazon..

They don't overcharge for the product, but they do for delivery..

So, I'm using hand soap I bought at Bath, & Body Works.

Anonymous

UK pm Boris Johnson has tested positive for the coronavirus.

caskur

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "caskur"2/3 of AUSTRALIAN people with the virus are flying home from other countries.

Same thing with Finland..

Probably mostly citizens (not finns)..

Iraqis, syrians, somalis.. Returning from their taxpayer funded family unification vacations.

Yes and I think they're wrong for allowing it.

I think if our people are overseas then they should stay wherever they are and bloody well fight it themselves.

We have a 5 month old baby with it now. Horrendous.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"UK pm Boris Johnson has tested positive for the coronavirus.

Wow, that is interesting.

I hope the Queen got to safety in time.

It's turning into a super big deal.
- Andy Warhol

Vancouver

10,000+ more confirmed cases and nearly 15,000 dead in US. China's numbers are still frozen.
Time is malleable

cc

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"10,000+ more confirmed cases and nearly 15,000 dead in US. China's numbers are still frozen.

Here we go again - What  is it you want for the US?  (Also see top of this page)

Total deaths USA > 1,543 ... . not 15,000

Up to date - will vary with time of course  - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/">https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Before you get too happy ... just check out the right side column -

"Total Deaths / Million people"

US 5

Italy 151

Spain 106

France 31

Netherlands 28

Belgium 25

Only Germany at 4 is doing it slightly better

To list a few  ..   and yes,  China's "reporting"    :001_rolleyes:  of numbers is frozen

The increasing numbers everywhere do indicate this has a good possibility of become really really bad for the entire world
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Odinson

They are building road-blocks around our most populated province..

The capital and its surrounding cities are now isolated from the rest of Finland.

@realAzhyaAryola

Does anyone really believe all of these numbers are accurate? Has anyone even considered that there are those infected who have not come forward? I also doubt very much that China is giving us accurate numbers. Does anyone believe that they are?
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]