News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10548
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:15:04 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"If you are referring to Dr. Fauci, those numbers are US

We must keep in mind that it's all guesswork ... maybe educated guesswork

If you are referring to my comment, I meant globally

I meant those numbers and they are for the USA alone.

:ohmy:

cc

Yes. But keep in mind it's a guestimate of the moment .. it's impossible to know anything for sure with this virus
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Yes. But keep in mind it's a guestimate of the moment .. it's impossible to know anything for sure with this virus

I understand that, but it's still frightening.

Anonymous

It looks like the US is considering an open where possible, close if necessary idea to get parts of America back to work.

Anonymous

The greater New York City area has replaced Wuhan as the epicentre of this pandemic.

cc

TONIGHT!!

FDA issues emergency authorization of anti-malaria drug for coronavirus care

The drugs have been championed by President Donald Trump for treatment despite scant evidence.

The Food and Drug Administration on Sunday issued an emergency use authorization for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, decades-old malaria drugs championed by President Donald Trump for coronavirus treatment despite scant evidence.

The agency allowed for the drugs to be "donated to the Strategic National Stockpile to be distributed and prescribed by doctors to hospitalized teen and adult patients with COVID-19, as appropriate, when a clinical trial is not available or feasible," HHS said in a statement, announcing that Sandoz donated 30 million doses of hydroxychloroquine to the stockpile and Bayer donated 1 million doses of chloroquine.

Largest trial just in 350 people - all got over it quickly with Hydroxychloroquine, Zinc and Z-Pak .. zero deaths, zero hospitalizations and zero intubations!

No serious side effects, what the heck - give it a go

They are ramping up production fast as it is also used for 4 or 5 other things, lupus etc

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not so good - but it is from China State broadcaster CCTV- so for what it's worth

https://www.foxnews.com/health/up-to-10-percent-of-recovered-coronavirus-patients-test-positive-again-report-says">Doctors on the front lines of the outbreak in Wuhan, China — where the virus emerged — reported that between 3 and 10% of cured patients became reinfected with the illness, though it's unclear whether they were contagious the second time, the South China Morning Post reported.

Tongji Hospital, which identified the first COVID-19 case, confirmed that five of 145 patients — a little over 3% — tested positive again in nucleic acid tests, according to state broadcaster CCTV.

"So far there is no evidence to suggest that they are infectious," said Wang Wei, the hospital's president.

He said the five patients who tested positive again did not have any symptoms and none of their close contacts had been infected.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

caskur

Quote from: "Odinson"1163 infected... 41 in intensive care..

11 dead..

How did your country become infected. Do you know?
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"TONIGHT!!

FDA issues emergency authorization of anti-malaria drug for coronavirus care

The drugs have been championed by President Donald Trump for treatment despite scant evidence.

The Food and Drug Administration on Sunday issued an emergency use authorization for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, decades-old malaria drugs championed by President Donald Trump for coronavirus treatment despite scant evidence.

The agency allowed for the drugs to be "donated to the Strategic National Stockpile to be distributed and prescribed by doctors to hospitalized teen and adult patients with COVID-19, as appropriate, when a clinical trial is not available or feasible," HHS said in a statement, announcing that Sandoz donated 30 million doses of hydroxychloroquine to the stockpile and Bayer donated 1 million doses of chloroquine.

Largest trial just in 350 people - all got over it quickly with Hydroxychloroquine, Zinc and Z-Pak .. zero deaths, zero hospitalizations and zero intubations!

No serious side effects, what the heck - give it a go

They are ramping up production fast as it is also used for 4 or 5 other things, lupus etc

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not so good - but it is from China State broadcaster CCTV- so for what it's worth

https://www.foxnews.com/health/up-to-10-percent-of-recovered-coronavirus-patients-test-positive-again-report-says">Doctors on the front lines of the outbreak in Wuhan, China — where the virus emerged — reported that between 3 and 10% of cured patients became reinfected with the illness, though it's unclear whether they were contagious the second time, the South China Morning Post reported.

Tongji Hospital, which identified the first COVID-19 case, confirmed that five of 145 patients — a little over 3% — tested positive again in nucleic acid tests, according to state broadcaster CCTV.

"So far there is no evidence to suggest that they are infectious," said Wang Wei, the hospital's president.

He said the five patients who tested positive again did not have any symptoms and none of their close contacts had been infected.

Does that mean a vaccine won't work?

Anonymous

Rapid testing will help.

FDA greenlights COVID-19 point-of-care test

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved emergency use for a portable, fast, swab test for the coronavirus Friday which can provide results in less than 15 minutes.

The IDNOW, from Abbott (ABT), is the first approved portable test and allows for an existing testing instrument used in 18,000 locations around the U.S.,to be used at a point-of-care in doctor's offices, urgent care and hospitals. This same instrument is already used for flu and strep swabs. It also has the potential to be used at drive-thru tests, according to company officials.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/fda-greenlights-first-covid-19-pointofcare-test-from-abbott-234449283.html">https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/fda-g ... 49283.html">https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/fda-greenlights-first-covid-19-pointofcare-test-from-abbott-234449283.html

Blazor

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-maddow-coronavirus-clip-criticism-003339744.html">https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-ma ... 39744.html">https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-maddow-coronavirus-clip-criticism-003339744.html

Trump tweeted this to Rachel Madcow:

Thank you to Rachel @Maddow for putting our Military on full display, and showing how GREAT a job the Federal Government is doing! Also, a special thanks to General Semonite, a Patriot of the highest order and a truly talented engineer and builder!

Rachel Madcow's response:

"Hi, Mr. President," Maddow, typically a scorching Trump critic, responded in a surprisingly friendly tone. "Thanks for tweeting that interview."

Then her response started to take a turn: "Gen. Semonite and the Army Corps are indeed doing great work, but at nowhere near the scale that is needed." she added.

Maddow noted that the U.S. is "hundreds of thousands of hospital beds behind, months behind schedule, and we're about to see the number of sick patients surge and hospitals overflow in multiple US sites at once."

Then she got down to it, telling Trump flatly: "You personally are leading the worst national response of any industrialized nation in the world, in what is now the largest COVID-19 outbreak on earth."

Madcow then outlined the following to Trump in her tweet:

(1) Nationalize the supply chains for critical medical supplies -- you should have done that months ago. Fifty states fending for themselves is idiotic, but it persists day after day, week after week. You can fix this now.

(2) Get people like VP Pence and your son-in-law out of the way and bring in actual, experienced pandemic response experts and scientists to lead the response and brief the nation.

(3) Some Governors are following your zig-zagging and dithering lead and refusing even now to institute clear stay at home orders to slow the spread of the virus -- tell them unequivocally to change course, now.

(4) Prisons, jails, detention centers will be death traps for prisoners/detainees and staff. They'll also become leaking reservoirs of infection for every community -- order emergency decarceral measures, now, before it spreads wildly everywhere people are kept behind bars.

(5) We're going to need mass testing, a massive effort to isolate those with the virus (separate and apart from uninfected people staying home), a huge data-driven contact tracing effort, and a wartime-level mobilization of health workers and people to support them.

What do you all think of this exchange?

So no one here is outraged by Rachel Madcow?

I agree with Iron, that part about emptying the prisons, fuck that. I guess the chaos is not happening fast enough, they need more chaos to implement martial law. I dont see Trump wanting to implement it, but had Obama been at the helm, we would prolly already be under martial law.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"The greater New York City area has replaced Wuhan as the epicentre of this pandemic.

Its frickin' crazy! Almost half the cases in the US are in NY. Which is just a couple states up from me. Remember last week I was reporting an increase in NY plates in this area on the interstate, folks with mattresses and stuff loaded down. People are fleeing NY if they can.

Blazor

Our state has jumped in cases, at least double over the weekend. Up to 1000 now. Its all in Northern VA though. 7 cases in and around my area in neighboring counties.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Fashionista"The greater New York City area has replaced Wuhan as the epicentre of this pandemic.

Its frickin' crazy! Almost half the cases in the US are in NY. Which is just a couple states up from me. Remember last week I was reporting an increase in NY plates in this area on the interstate, folks with mattresses and stuff loaded down. People are fleeing NY if they can.

Flight from NYC will only worsen the spread.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Blazor"Our state has jumped in cases, at least double over the weekend. Up to 1000 now. Its all in Northern VA though. 7 cases in and around my area in neighboring counties.

You are closer to what is considered "rural" area, right? That should not be a hot spot unless y'all like to gather round a lot.  :laugh:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Blazor"

It is to be expected. After all, New York City is Gotham. It is not only the epicenter of the epidemic. It is also the epicenter of democratic life.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]