News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10548
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:15:04 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Odinson"1163 infected... 41 in intensive care..

11 dead..

How did your country become infected. Do you know?

Tourism... We got a lot of southern-european and chinese tourists.

People travelling in and out of Finland.

Schengen.. Europeans can move pretty freely.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Odinson"1163 infected... 41 in intensive care..

11 dead..

How did your country become infected. Do you know?

Tourism... We got a lot of southern-european and chinese tourists.

People travelling in and out of Finland.

Schengen.. Europeans can move pretty freely.

I thought was temporarily suspended. Allowing foreign tourists. That is crazy.

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc"TONIGHT!!

FDA issues emergency authorization of anti-malaria drug for coronavirus care

The drugs have been championed by President Donald Trump for treatment despite scant evidence.

The Food and Drug Administration on Sunday issued an emergency use authorization for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, decades-old malaria drugs championed by President Donald Trump for coronavirus treatment despite scant evidence.

The agency allowed for the drugs to be "donated to the Strategic National Stockpile to be distributed and prescribed by doctors to hospitalized teen and adult patients with COVID-19, as appropriate, when a clinical trial is not available or feasible," HHS said in a statement, announcing that Sandoz donated 30 million doses of hydroxychloroquine to the stockpile and Bayer donated 1 million doses of chloroquine.

Largest trial just in 350 people - all got over it quickly with Hydroxychloroquine, Zinc and Z-Pak .. zero deaths, zero hospitalizations and zero intubations!

No serious side effects, what the heck - give it a go

They are ramping up production fast as it is also used for 4 or 5 other things, lupus etc

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not so good - but it is from China State broadcaster CCTV- so for what it's worth

https://www.foxnews.com/health/up-to-10-percent-of-recovered-coronavirus-patients-test-positive-again-report-says">Doctors on the front lines of the outbreak in Wuhan, China — where the virus emerged — reported that between 3 and 10% of cured patients became reinfected with the illness, though it's unclear whether they were contagious the second time, the South China Morning Post reported.

Tongji Hospital, which identified the first COVID-19 case, confirmed that five of 145 patients — a little over 3% — tested positive again in nucleic acid tests, according to state broadcaster CCTV.

"So far there is no evidence to suggest that they are infectious," said Wang Wei, the hospital's president.

He said the five patients who tested positive again did not have any symptoms and none of their close contacts had been infected.

Does that mean a vaccine won't work?

I suspect it would work, but it is a good question. I'll keep an eye out for that correlation.

Seems the number is low but it can return
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Fashionista"The greater New York City area has replaced Wuhan as the epicentre of this pandemic.

Its frickin' crazy! Almost half the cases in the US are in NY. Which is just a couple states up from me. Remember last week I was reporting an increase in NY plates in this area on the interstate, folks with mattresses and stuff loaded down. People are fleeing NY if they can.

Flight from NYC will only worsen the spread.

Right now, NYC needs to be quarantined. No flights out. Virginia, or any other state, should not allow Yorkers in right now. I mean shit, we are all taking hits economically cause of this crap, and NY needs to lock down, and think of others. Same with Virginia, in the Northern area, lock it down. I know Seattle went into lock down, but I hadnt heard how they doing lately, if their curve is flattened yet or if it still looks like Shen Li's arse  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

cc

Quote from: "Blazor"Our state has jumped in cases, at least double over the weekend. Up to 1000 now. Its all in Northern VA though. 7 cases in and around my area in neighboring counties.

GD New Yorkers. All they had to do is stay in and the'd have been OK .. .but, noooooooo

And of course some of them would be carriers .. whether they knew it or not

I heard reported that some Florida airports cannot contain all the private jets (mainly NY registered) .. and of course Fl is getting hit

There must be a LOT of resentment in your area .. I know that I'd be incensed

Blazor

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "Blazor"Our state has jumped in cases, at least double over the weekend. Up to 1000 now. Its all in Northern VA though. 7 cases in and around my area in neighboring counties.

You are closer to what is considered "rural" area, right? That should not be a hot spot unless y'all like to gather round a lot.  :laugh:

I am pretty much, but Im right here at Roanoke City. Blacksburg is close too, which is where all the Virginia Tech students are. They have been ignoring social distancing. Radford University just up the road too, and they have a case.

Blazor

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"It is also the epicenter of democratic life.

Strange how those areas are the ones being hit the hardest  :laugh:

cc

Not really. China allowed flights out too early .. and those are the places to visit .. also some were returning residents

I do know that's why Seattle area was so early

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Not really. China allowed flights out too early .. and those are the places to visit .. also some were returning residents

FKKK China.

Blazor

Quote from: "cc"

GD New Yorkers. All they had to do is stay in and the'd have been OK .. .but, noooooooo

And of course some of them would be carriers .. whether they knew it or not

I heard reported that some Florida airports cannot contain all the private jets (mainly NY registered) .. and of course Fl is getting hit

There must be a LOT of resentment in your area .. I know that I'd be incensed

I know  :oeudC:  , damn NYers lol.

This also what I been trying to tell my son, folks might have it and not even know it.

I heard Trump extended the "10 limit" thing another 30 days.

Also our dumbass state governor, Blackface Northam, is suppose to make a "major announcement" here in an hour. Here at work we worried what he about to do.

Blazor

Quote from: "cc"Not really. China allowed flights out too early .. and those are the places to visit .. also some were returning residents

I do know that's why Seattle area was so early

You're right though.

Blazor

Man, this "nother 30 days" thing, Im gonna need more food and more TP lol.

caskur

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

FKKK China.

I couldn't agree more... The Chinese have been emptying our supermarkets, bundling up the goods and sending them to China and Taiwan.

They were exposed last night on our Current Affair channel nine.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Man, this "nother 30 days" thing, Im gonna need more food and more TP lol.

Can your state extend it beyond that? In Canada there isn't a national lock down. It is all at the provincial level.

caskur

It's going to go on for 6 months...

trust me on this one.

In Australia, the government is going to paid laid off workers $750 a week... for the next 6 months.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol