News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10551
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:15:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 9 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Odinson"You are not supposed to wear outside footwear inside the house in here..

But slobs like me sometimes break the rules...

Only in my own house..

I always take my shoes off in some1 elses house... Except in my brothers or my sisters house.

I think Germans don't wear outside footwear in the house either. Am I correct about that?

I´m not sure but I do think that brits dont take their shoes off when entering a house.

I have assumed that taking your shoes off is the global norm...

Outside shoes are filthy.. You might have stepped on some liquefied dog shit on the streets.

Wearing outside footwear where you live is disgusting.

It is..

I only do it if I´ve forgotten my car keys or something.

We've all did that.

Anonymous

Doug Ford extended the lockdown in this province another month.

cc

Quote from: "cc"SHOES - Important & usually neglected as a potential source

I have now heard from 2 medical sources that a major way people get contaminated is from the soles of their shoes

Makes sense to me - In fact, thinking on it, I'd expect it.  May be a major vehicle of infection.

Particles breathed out of course end up on floors, pavement etc .. . we walk on them and end up with a layer on the bottom

Recommended is leaving shoes at door and don't touch underside at any time & do not walk into house with them on

That is an easy one for Koreans to follow. They never wear outdoor footwear in the house. Although I grew up in Canada, I have religiously  followed that custom since I have lived on my own.

Ya, we do that also .. .pretty much an automatic

However, not everyone does  .... and some pick up their shoes and place them somewhere - which is potentially deadly deadly if they touch the soles
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"Alberta will conduct similar trials with our coronavirus patients.

U of C researchers to begin hydroxychloroquine trial on COVID-19 patients

A province-wide clinical trial led by the University of Calgary will test the effectiveness of the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine on COVID-19 patients with the goal of reducing pressure on hospitals and preventing further infections.

Dr. Luanne Metz, one of the study's lead researchers, said treatment options for COVID-19 are unclear.

Metz and Dr. Michael Hill, a professor with the U of C's department of clinical neuroscience and Hotchkiss Brain Institute, have worked with researchers at the U of C and University of Alberta to ready the trial. Alberta Health Services and the Canadian government are also supporting the study.

The "HOPE" trial, to begin April 15, will target 1,600 Albertan outpatients who have tested positive for COVID-19 and are at risk of developing severe symptoms. The study will determine if hydroxychloroquine can prevent hospitalization for those at highest risk of developing a severe illness.

Participants will give their permission to Alberta Health Services after testing positive for COVID-19 and provide their contact information to U of C researchers. They'll then be screened for safety and eligibility through a telephone interview and review of their electronic health record.

Those patients accepted will be sent hydroxychloroquine to their homes and will be required to take the drug over a five-day period. Researchers will follow up with participants seven and 30 days after starting the treatment.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/u-of-c-researchers-to-begin-hydroxychloroquine-trial-on-covid-19-patients/">https://calgaryherald.com/news/u-of-c-r ... -patients/">https://calgaryherald.com/news/u-of-c-researchers-to-begin-hydroxychloroquine-trial-on-covid-19-patients/

I just heard (if I got it right on CTV) that 1/3 will get placebo  .... for result comparison I assume  ... luck o the draw I guess .. until it proves successful
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Blazor

Quote from: "Odinson"You are not supposed to wear outside footwear inside the house in here..

Only in my own house..

I always take my shoes off in some1 elses house... Except in my brothers or my sisters house.

I think Germans don't wear outside footwear in the house either. Am I correct about that?

I´m not sure but I do think that brits dont take their shoes off when entering a house.

Outside shoes are filthy.. You might have stepped on some liquefied dog shit on the streets.

Lol, I wear my shoes from the moment I put on my clothes til the time I go to bed lol.

But to be fair, my shoes are fairly clean. I have different shoes that I "work" in. I also dont make a habit of walking in liquefied dog shit in the street either lol. If I happen to step in cat shit in the yard, I take a stick and scrape it out, then dip them in the creek, then wipe them in the grass, then wipe my feet on the door mat. I try not to step in shit though lol.

I honestly dont know anyone that takes their shoes off at the door, around here anyway. My brother does, but he didnt start til he moved to Seattle, and hes gay  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Alberta will conduct similar trials with our coronavirus patients.

U of C researchers to begin hydroxychloroquine trial on COVID-19 patients

A province-wide clinical trial led by the University of Calgary will test the effectiveness of the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine on COVID-19 patients with the goal of reducing pressure on hospitals and preventing further infections.

Dr. Luanne Metz, one of the study's lead researchers, said treatment options for COVID-19 are unclear.

Metz and Dr. Michael Hill, a professor with the U of C's department of clinical neuroscience and Hotchkiss Brain Institute, have worked with researchers at the U of C and University of Alberta to ready the trial. Alberta Health Services and the Canadian government are also supporting the study.

The "HOPE" trial, to begin April 15, will target 1,600 Albertan outpatients who have tested positive for COVID-19 and are at risk of developing severe symptoms. The study will determine if hydroxychloroquine can prevent hospitalization for those at highest risk of developing a severe illness.

Participants will give their permission to Alberta Health Services after testing positive for COVID-19 and provide their contact information to U of C researchers. They'll then be screened for safety and eligibility through a telephone interview and review of their electronic health record.

Those patients accepted will be sent hydroxychloroquine to their homes and will be required to take the drug over a five-day period. Researchers will follow up with participants seven and 30 days after starting the treatment.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/u-of-c-researchers-to-begin-hydroxychloroquine-trial-on-covid-19-patients/">https://calgaryherald.com/news/u-of-c-r ... -patients/">https://calgaryherald.com/news/u-of-c-researchers-to-begin-hydroxychloroquine-trial-on-covid-19-patients/

I just heard (if I got it right on CTV) that 1/3 will get placebo  .... for result comparison I assume  ... luck o the draw I guess .. until it proves successful

I never read that cc..

I'll check at lunch.

Odinson

Quote from: "Blazor"

Only in my own house..

Lol, I wear my shoes from the moment I put on my clothes til the time I go to bed lol.

But to be fair, my shoes are fairly clean. I have different shoes that I "work" in. I also dont make a habit of walking in liquefied dog shit in the street either lol. If I happen to step in cat shit in the yard, I take a stick and scrape it out, then dip them in the creek, then wipe them in the grass, then wipe my feet on the door mat. I try not to step in shit though lol.

I honestly dont know anyone that takes their shoes off at the door, around here anyway. My brother does, but he didnt start til he moved to Seattle, and hes gay  :laugh:

You cant see liquefied dog shit... It has been turned into liquid by rain..  ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Only in my own house..

Gawd, you whites are such fucking pigs.

Blazor

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Yes, lets talk about the Asian pigs that couldnt stay home and decided that traveling and spreading the Coronavirus was more important  :laugh:

https://i0.wp.com/nwasianweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Blog_pig.png?fit=1024%2C1024">

Anonymous

Yes, lets talk about the Asian pigs that couldnt stay home and decided that traveling and spreading the Coronavirus was more important  :laugh:

https://i0.wp.com/nwasianweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Blog_pig.png?fit=1024%2C1024">

You whites are made out of fucking pudding. No wonder you people are dropping off like flies.

Blazor

You whites are made out of fucking pudding. No wonder you people are dropping off like flies.

Not THIS white man  ac_dance

Btw, something I've noticed about these idiots, is even if they have face masks on n gloves, they are still handling their cell phones. Even if texting they are still handling them, which will eventually lead to bringing it to their face, n it lives on plastic for a week.

Anonymous

Not THIS white man ac_dance

Btw, something I've noticed about these idiots, is even if they have face masks on n gloves, they are still handling their cell phones. Even if texting they are still handling them, which will eventually lead to bringing it to their face, n it lives on plastic for a week.

No, you are one of the few white males that's actually a man. You're a credit to your race.

Anonymous

Not THIS white man  ac_dance

Imagine how frickin bored city folks would be if they didn't have their phones.

Berry Sweet

This is true.  I made my own face masks, I insert a coffee filter.

However, because of my hearing, my phone never comes to my face...I use a bluetooth that connects to my "ears"...so im basically hands free if I talk on the phone....then when the phone call is over, it automatically goes back to the song I was listening to.  Being me has some neat advantages  :tease:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

This is true.  I made my own face masks, I insert a coffee filter.

However, because of my hearing, my phone never comes to my face...I use a bluetooth that connects to my "ears"...so im basically hands free if I talk on the phone....then when the phone call is over, it automatically goes back to the song I was listening to.  Being me has some neat advantages  :tease:

Do you sell them online or give them to friends?