News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10777
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 05:46:09 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

[Dang - page change - I'm being bad and bringing these forward as they are important developments in this thread ]

1. Fash!!

Is the Alberta extensive hydroxychloride testing using it alone or in combination with Zpack? I couldn't find your post on it

University of Alberta also studying Ebola drug remdesivir[/url]

The University of Alberta also announced Monday that its researchers have found that remdesivir, a drug used to treat Ebola, is effective in stopping the replication mechanism of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

Scientists at the university were testing the theory that remdesivir could treat COVID-19, after a February study they also published saw the drug could treat MERS, a related coronavirus.

"We obtained almost identical results as we reported previously with MERS, so we see that remdesivir is a very potent inhibitor for coronavirus polymerases," Götte said.

In the paper, Götte likens the polymerase to the engine of the virus, responsible for synthesizing its genome.

[sic. This drug and separately hydroxy are being tested throughout the world - as initial testing shows considerable promise as a mitigater for those who contract the virus ]

President reveals he's taking hydroxychloroquine as scientists continue studying its effectiveness - 2 weeks now and hasn't died from it yet ...  still alive  :icon_wink:
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

3. Early results from Moderna vaccine trial show participants developed antibodies against coronavirus[/url]

Study subjects who received Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine had positive early results, according to the biotech company, which partnered with the National Institutes of Health to develop the vaccine.

If future studies go well, the company's vaccine could be available to the public as early as January, Dr. Tal Zaks, Moderna's chief medical officer, told CNN.

"This is absolutely good news and news that we think many have been waiting for for quite some time," Zaks

Offit said before the pandemic, vaccine developers would typically test out their product in thousands of people before moving on to Phase 3, but that Moderna is "extremely unlikely" to have vaccinated that many by July, since they've only vaccinated dozens so far.

He said it makes sense to Moderna to move into Phase 3 without vaccinating that many people, given that COVID-19 is killing thousands of people each day.

"This is a different time," Offit said.said.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"[Dang - page change - I'm being bad and bringing these forward as they are important developments in this thread ]

1. Fash!!

Is the Alberta extensive hydroxychloride testing using it alone or in combination with Zpack? I couldn't find your post on it

University of Alberta also studying Ebola drug remdesivir[/url]

The University of Alberta also announced Monday that its researchers have found that remdesivir, a drug used to treat Ebola, is effective in stopping the replication mechanism of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

Scientists at the university were testing the theory that remdesivir could treat COVID-19, after a February study they also published saw the drug could treat MERS, a related coronavirus.

"We obtained almost identical results as we reported previously with MERS, so we see that remdesivir is a very potent inhibitor for coronavirus polymerases," Götte said.

In the paper, Götte likens the polymerase to the engine of the virus, responsible for synthesizing its genome.

[sic. This drug and separately hydroxy are being tested throughout the world - as initial testing shows considerable promise as a mitigater for those who contract the virus ]

President reveals he's taking hydroxychloroquine as scientists continue studying its effectiveness - 2 weeks now and hasn't died from it yet ...  still alive  :icon_wink:

It's with the antibiotic.

cc

That makes me feel better, as other smaller studies have shown it with Zpac does very well

Many are suggesting for all of us to help our immune systems with Zink as well as Vitamin D - keeping in mind not to overdo the zink

Anonymous

Donald Trump says he is taking hydroxychloroquine.

cc

Yes. and an initial shot of Zpack at the start. Z is used differently than hydroxy which is daily

What I don't get is that I know of no claims that either helps in prevention - I have seen many claims  of very successful mitigation once one has the illness.

That said, if one has been taking it and got infected, having been taking it ahead "could" be a jump start on mitigating symptoms .. possibly a major one. I've seen no studies on that .. but it's highly possible ... hmmm

caskur

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Here are the age rates from NY..

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. I do not trust the US death figures. If you go into hospital with a history of coronary heart disease test positive, but die, the cause of death is listed as COVID. Very dishonest.

caskur

How do you account for mass graves then Seoulbro? Is that just for show too?
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

cc

Quote from: "seoulbro"

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. I do not trust the US death figures. If you go into hospital with a history of coronary heart disease test positive, but die, the cause of death is listed as COVID. Very dishonest.

I would disagree VERY strongly. If something causes another to happen .. regardless of predisposition ..  the first to happen is legitimately the cause

People are not suffering or dying of covid itself - they are  suffering or dying of what covid triggers within the body

caskur

They convinced that the lockdown wasn't/isn't necessary.

They aren't alone.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "seoulbro"

I would disagree VERY strongly. If something causes another to happen .. regardless of predisposition ..  the first to happen is legitimately the cause

People are not suffering or dying of covid itself - they are  suffering or dying of what covid triggers within the body

I've seen Anthony Fauci himself pretty much acknowledge what Seoul said..

I trust our information about numbers, but not those of the USA.

Anonymous

It's messed up how the US counts coronavirus deaths.

https://fox6now.com/2020/05/16/questions-raised-over-accuracy-of-us-coronavirus-death-toll/">https://fox6now.com/2020/05/16/question ... eath-toll/">https://fox6now.com/2020/05/16/questions-raised-over-accuracy-of-us-coronavirus-death-toll/

Some states count presumed coronavirus deaths along with confirmed cases under the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance issued last month. Other states don't count those deaths.

Deaths have been classified as a COVID-19 death even after a physician or loved ones reported otherwise. And those who died "with" COVID-19 have been included in the count with those who died "of" COVID-19.

"I think a lot of clinicians are putting that condition (COVID-19) on death certificates when it might not be accurate because they died with coronavirus and not of coronavirus," Macomb County, Mich., Chief Medical Examiner Daniel Spitz in an interview with the Ann Arbor News last month.

"Are they entirely accurate? No," Spitz said. "Are people dying of it? Absolutely. Are people dying of other things and coronavirus is maybe getting credit? Yeah, probably."

Vancouver

A local burnaby restaurant has installed plexiglass to protect their workers. I miss going for a hot bowl of Vietnamese beef  Pho.

https://images.glaciermedia.ca/polopoly_fs/1.24135597.1589500849!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_804/la-forchetta-burnaby-covid-19.jpg">
Time is malleable

Oak

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"A local burnaby restaurant has installed plexiglass to protect their workers.

https://images.glaciermedia.ca/polopoly_fs/1.24135597.1589500849!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_804/la-forchetta-burnaby-covid-19.jpg">

Saw some news reels in California showing restaurants using plexiglass between customers.  I'm hoping the dumbass that was putting it up wasn't aware he was doing it wrong.  I don't see the point to put up plexiglass between people that drove in the same car and/or walked to the restaurant together.

Hey, how about BETWEEN tables??    I'm not going to any restaurant for a long time, it's going to be unpleasant regardless.