News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10774
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 11:40:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Apparently there are some treatments existing - and the one in ON is testing a whole new drug type approach
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=372025 time=1595221355 user_id=88
Apparently there are some treatments existing - and the one in ON is testing a whole new drug type approach

That will be beneficial for COVID patients that get sepsis.

cc

Which is a high percent - over half - in fact, the dangerous cases which are the ones that need solution

News from UK Oxford U  vaccine to follow shortly - just need second source to verify

cc

OK, double sourced it - It's valid

https://globalnews.ca/news/7195979/uk-coronavirus-vaccine/?utm_source=NewsletterNational&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=2020">Early results find U.K. coronavirus vaccine 'safe and induces an immune reaction'

A trial of a U.K.-developed coronavirus vaccine has found that it is safe and induces an immune reaction, according to preliminary results.

The research, published in the Lancet medical journal on Monday, shows that a Phase 1/2 trial of more than 1,000 healthy adults found that the vaccine induced strong immune responses up to Day 56 of the ongoing trial.

The vaccine is called AZD1222 and is being jointly developed by drug manufacturer AstraZeneca and scientists at the University of Oxford.

While people who received the vaccine did experience more side effects than those in the control group, who took a meningitis vaccine instead, there were no serious side effects reported. Fatigue and headache were the most frequently reported reactions.

The vaccine candidate is already in large-scale Phase 3 human trials to assess whether it can protect against COVID-19. The results released Monday only reflect the very earliest phase of clinical trials to assess basic safety and efficacy.

"We are seeing good immune response in almost everybody," said Dr. Adrian Hill, director of the Jenner Institute at Oxford University, which conducted the research.

"What this vaccine does particularly well is trigger both arms of the immune system," :

(1)neutralizing antibodies are produced — molecules that are key to blocking infection.

And in addition,

(2)the vaccine also causes a reaction in the body's T-cells, which help to fight off the coronavirus.

He said that larger trials evaluating the vaccine's effectiveness, involving about 10,000 people in the U.K. as well as participants in South Africa and Brazil, are still underway. Another big trial is slated to start in the U.S. soon, aiming to enrol about 30,000 people.

AstraZeneca has signed agreements with governments around the world to supply the vaccine should it prove effective and gain regulatory approval. The company has said it will not seek to profit from the vaccine during the pandemic.

[sic - I'm guessin by that the countries would pay "costs" but no profit would be charged .. no company could absorb all costs]

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=372081 time=1595263768 user_id=88
OK, double sourced it - It's valid

https://globalnews.ca/news/7195979/uk-coronavirus-vaccine/?utm_source=NewsletterNational&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=2020">Early results find U.K. coronavirus vaccine 'safe and induces an immune reaction'

A trial of a U.K.-developed coronavirus vaccine has found that it is safe and induces an immune reaction, according to preliminary results.

The research, published in the Lancet medical journal on Monday, shows that a Phase 1/2 trial of more than 1,000 healthy adults found that the vaccine induced strong immune responses up to Day 56 of the ongoing trial.

The vaccine is called AZD1222 and is being jointly developed by drug manufacturer AstraZeneca and scientists at the University of Oxford.

While people who received the vaccine did experience more side effects than those in the control group, who took a meningitis vaccine instead, there were no serious side effects reported. Fatigue and headache were the most frequently reported reactions.

The vaccine candidate is already in large-scale Phase 3 human trials to assess whether it can protect against COVID-19. The results released Monday only reflect the very earliest phase of clinical trials to assess basic safety and efficacy.

"We are seeing good immune response in almost everybody," said Dr. Adrian Hill, director of the Jenner Institute at Oxford University, which conducted the research.

"What this vaccine does particularly well is trigger both arms of the immune system," :

(1)neutralizing antibodies are produced — molecules that are key to blocking infection.

And in addition,

(2)the vaccine also causes a reaction in the body's T-cells, which help to fight off the coronavirus.

He said that larger trials evaluating the vaccine's effectiveness, involving about 10,000 people in the U.K. as well as participants in South Africa and Brazil, are still underway. Another big trial is slated to start in the U.S. soon, aiming to enrol about 30,000 people.

AstraZeneca has signed agreements with governments around the world to supply the vaccine should it prove effective and gain regulatory approval. The company has said it will not seek to profit from the vaccine during the pandemic.

[sic - I'm guessin by that the countries would pay "costs" but no profit would be charged .. no company could absorb all costs]

:yahoo:

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=372008 time=1595212705 user_id=88
Back to Symptom Treating

Early detection of sepsis a potential breakthrough in COVID-19 battle July 16, 2020

The challenge with life-threatening sepsis is that it often gets confused for a virus.

As COVID-19 continues to ravage our healthcare systems, the race to find solutions is on. For Dr. Bob Hancock, a Vancouver-based microbiologist, this means tackling sepsis — a potentially life-threatening organ dysfunction caused by the body's response to an infection, and the second leading cause of death among COVID 19 patients.

Hancock, the co-founder of B.C.-based Sepset Biosciences inc, recently received funding from the Canadian Institutes of Health Research to conduct a multi-center clinical study to investigate which patients with COVID-19 are at higher risk of developing sepsis.

"The goal is to tell the physician within an hour whether or not a patient will develop sepsis — who'll go down quick and who won't," said Hancock. "The right patients can be moved to the ICU immediately."

Sepset Biosciences is developing a blood test for hospitals to identify septic patients and those at risk of organ failure. The diagnosis of sepsis is currently based on symptomologies, such as mental confusion, blood pressure, heart rate, temperature, and respiratory rate. However, according to Hancock, there is often only a 50/50 chance of an accurate diagnosis since the symptoms are quite general.

The COVID 19 pandemic has accelerated efforts to prevent sepsis, which is still responsible for around one in 5 deaths worldwide. It seems to be especially triggered by this pathogen, with virtually all organ systems potentially affected in infected patients.

According to a recent article by the Global Sepsis Alliance (GSA), "it is apparent that the best COVID-19 care includes good sepsis care."

sic > I just saw this guy Hancock in a long interview on Global News Channel - He explained this such that even I understood what it was about & how import and it will be to identify those who will developed sepsis and become serious cases

This is the best news on vaccines yet.

cc

Best on "symptom treatment" processes I think you meant ?? - It is very important in that regard

Or, maybe you meant to quote the UK / Oxford story  vaccine article ?

I'm becoming optimistic that they can produce a vaccine that holds its potency

This is the second vaccine in 4 days  that reports good holding power

Anonymous

cc

No problem - I make  bigger errors than that  .. a lot  ac_smile

Anonymous

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=372117 time=1595289278 user_id=2015
So, maybe six months or so before AZD 1222 is available.

I prefer to not guess. All working on vaccines are going full bore .. and approvals will be sped up

The US,  UK and Israeli ones are all saying they expect  a fair bit   better than that .. and to cover themselves, they have  to "say" longer rather than shorter relative to their actual expectations

Dr Marc Siegal (Fox)  explained the UK one as highly efficient in causing the strongest "attack"  C Cell in a person to attack full bore and kill the virus cells  .. and called this UK one extremely promising

Anonymous

I saw this on Global Calgary and Googled it.

British pharma firm claims small trial on a coronavirus treatment could signal 'major breakthrough'

The company said its nebulizer treatment produced a 79% lower risk of patients developing severe disease than those given a placebo in initial trials.

The drug, SNG001, is a formulation of a naturally occurring antiviral protein called interferon beta and is inhaled directly into the lungs in the hope of stimulating an immune response

The company said its nebulizer treatment produced a 79% lower risk of patients developing severe disease than those given a placebo in initial trials. It said patients who received the treatment "were more than twice as likely to recover (defined as 'no limitation of activities' or 'no clinical or virological evidence of infection') over the course of the treatment period compared to those receiving placebo."

The study has not yet been published in a peer-reviewed journal and has not released the full data.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/20/synairgen-says-small-coronavirus-treatment-trial-could-signal-major-breakthrough.html">https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/20/synairg ... rough.html">https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/20/synairgen-says-small-coronavirus-treatment-trial-could-signal-major-breakthrough.html

cc

Anonymous

Global News talked about the vaccine from Oxford University..

There are very high hopes for that particular vaccine candidate.

Odinson

No no no..

Greta Thunbergs face showing more and more again..

The climate bs was quiet for months.