News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10769
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 01:50:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

I submitted a valid question about the 5k rule to our public broadcaster and they've chosen not to have it answered in lieu of instead publishing junk commentary from lockdown cheerleaders trying to be witty and funny....
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

https://i.postimg.cc/FRyC0vZY/Screenshot-20200802-172132-ABC-News-1596353426824.jpg">
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=373765 time=1596353189 user_id=1676
I submitted a valid question about the 5k rule to our public broadcaster and they've chosen not to have it answered in lieu of instead publishing junk commentary from lockdown cheerleaders trying to be witty and funny....

The ABC is as much of a propaganda machine as the CBC. Hell, the People's Daily in China.

Frood

2 pack limits at one supermarket chain:

https://i.postimg.cc/J0TSfSC1/Screenshot-20200802-235843-Chrome.jpg">

https://i.postimg.cc/d3SSHdG3/Screenshot-20200802-235854-Chrome.jpg">

https://i.postimg.cc/59k7MBFN/Screenshot-20200802-235908-Chrome.jpg">

https://i.postimg.cc/RVkgWvRk/Screenshot-20200802-235916-Chrome.jpg">

All fine and dandy for a very small family to do their social distancing dance and only shop once or twice a fortnight, but these limits are crap for any family with multiple kids.... they'll end up having to go to the supermarket MORE thus working against the claimed goal of no unnecessary travel outside the home.

I know people at that chain.... What's not being said is that some employees have been stood down for weeks because of various site infections and now they're only running at a fraction of volumes. This is a distribution chain fault and not a sudden Stage downgrade. Same goes for Melbourne's abattoirs and meatworks. It's endemic in the food chain and the sooner people stop regular buying, the better for their health outcomes.

Look through that list I provided though.... consider the kitchen skills of modern Westerners, and see where families are going to come unglued by those type of limits. Pasta, eggs, bacon, rice, flour, butter, meats, hamburger, frozen vegetables, milk, and root veggies.... and..... wait for it!

....wait for it.....

...wait for it.....

Fcking toilet paper! (As if Australians didn't each buy a year's worth of toilet paper 3-4 months ago)...

I regret not grabbing my youngest weeks ago and booking it to somewhere like the NT or Western Australia. They'll get COVID like us anyway, but at least they won't overreact like Victoria and NSW is doing.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Are NSW's COVID restrictions as harsh as Victoria's?

Bricktop said SA was business as usual.

Gaon

That is the most draconian response to the coronavirus I have read about.
The Russian Rock It

Frood

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=373795 time=1596396422 user_id=3254
Are NSW's COVID restrictions as harsh as Victoria's?

Bricktop said SA was business as usual.

Not yet... they've put up a border with Victoria but cases there are climbing.

Quote from: Gaon post_id=373797 time=1596396843 user_id=3170
That is the most draconian response to the coronavirus I have read about.

When this is over we're moving out of here.

Sling shots are classed as a dangerous weapon. The place is over regulated, and patronizing.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=373787 time=1596378378 user_id=1676
2 pack limits at one supermarket chain:

https://i.postimg.cc/J0TSfSC1/Screenshot-20200802-235843-Chrome.jpg">

https://i.postimg.cc/d3SSHdG3/Screenshot-20200802-235854-Chrome.jpg">

https://i.postimg.cc/59k7MBFN/Screenshot-20200802-235908-Chrome.jpg">

https://i.postimg.cc/RVkgWvRk/Screenshot-20200802-235916-Chrome.jpg">

All fine and dandy for a very small family to do their social distancing dance and only shop once or twice a fortnight, but these limits are crap for any family with multiple kids.... they'll end up having to go to the supermarket MORE thus working against the claimed goal of no unnecessary travel outside the home.

I know people at that chain.... What's not being said is that some employees have been stood down for weeks because of various site infections and now they're only running at a fraction of volumes. This is a distribution chain fault and not a sudden Stage downgrade. Same goes for Melbourne's abattoirs and meatworks. It's endemic in the food chain and the sooner people stop regular buying, the better for their health outcomes.

Look through that list I provided though.... consider the kitchen skills of modern Westerners, and see where families are going to come unglued by those type of limits. Pasta, eggs, bacon, rice, flour, butter, meats, hamburger, frozen vegetables, milk, and root veggies.... and..... wait for it!

....wait for it.....

...wait for it.....

Fcking toilet paper! (As if Australians didn't each buy a year's worth of toilet paper 3-4 months ago)...

I regret not grabbing my youngest weeks ago and booking it to somewhere like the NT or Western Australia. They'll get COVID like us anyway, but at least they won't overreact like Victoria and NSW is doing.

This looks like war time rationing.

Frood

It's not that bad yet.... but it's likely to get revised down the track further like a few months ago. One supermarket near us put up sheets of paper in sections of their non perishable aisles informing that only 2 of any type of product per customer.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=373806 time=1596398521 user_id=1676
It's not that bad yet.... but it's likely to get revised down the track further like a few months ago. One supermarket near us put up sheets of paper in sections of their non perishable aisles informing that only 2 of any type of product per customer.

Prior to this confiscation of liberty, had your state opened schools and businesses?

Frood

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=373807 time=1596398796 user_id=114

Prior to this confiscation of liberty, had your state opened schools and businesses?

Closed a few months ago, reopened after a scheduled holiday period (only for Year 1,2 11,12 student's as a trial), then all grades closed again a few weeks ago. Childcare centres are again closed to all but children of "essential workers" also.

My state has a public servant infestation problem.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=373809 time=1596399331 user_id=1676

My province, Ontario is saturated with civil servants too.

You seem to value liberty like I do. Which state(s) in Australia are the best for us defenders of liberty?

Frood

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=373811 time=1596399485 user_id=114
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=373809 time=1596399331 user_id=1676

My province, Ontario is saturated with civil servants too.

You seem to value liberty like I do. Which state(s) in Australia are the best for us defenders of liberty?

Queensland, Western Australia, Tasmania, and the Northern Territory...

Victoria is the worst, followed by NSW, Canberra, South Australia

There isn't much in the margins for any region but Queensland wins hands down.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I lived in Toowoomba. I liked it. I made some good friends there that I stay in contact with.

Frood

Quote from: Herman post_id=373814 time=1596401504 user_id=1689
I lived in Toowoomba. I liked it. I made some good friends there that I stay in contact with.

I spent a lot of time on the Sunshine Coast and in Mackay.... rare breed, Queenslanders....but more liberty oriented....
Blahhhhhh...