News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10763
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 10:42:50 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=385481 time=1601769285 user_id=88
The left (mayors and councils) has captured and holds hostage almost every big city in N America .. and for the same reasons, likely the entire western world

As you know, I think universal suffrage is nuts. The Seamorons should have zero say over how our money is spent. However, I'm also coming around to the SB POV about social media and democracy being incompatible. Bricktop had a lot to say about modernizing democracy too. As it stands now in North America, I'm done with our political system. China cares more about public opinion than True Dope does.

cc

Trudy doesn't care because the entire country is so left he can get away with anything

I'm not sure what the answer is or even if there is an answer

Dunno how one could eliminate poor voters via testing   .. in fact any system to do so could be taken over and criteria altered enough to achieve the opposite of the initially desired outcome.

IQ absolutely is not an answer .. in  fact higher IQ and concept of good policy, common sense  and good street smarts absolutely are not synonymous.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=385487 time=1601771153 user_id=88
Trudy doesn't care because the entire country is so left he can get away with anything

I'm not sure what the answer is or even if there is an answer

Dunno how one could eliminate poor voters via testing   .. in fact any system to do so could be taken over and criteria altered enough to achieve the opposite of the initially desired outcome.

IQ absolutely is not an answer .. in  fact IQ and concept of good policy, common sense  and good street smarts absolutely are not synonymous.

There is a basic skills test to drive a Ford Fiesta, but not to to decide if hundreds of billions of dollars come to Canada or go abroad. That is fucking crazy.

cc

It is crazy and has progressively headed that way for a long time in the overall (allowing brief change of direction that doesn't stay in long enough to change the ending

To get anywhere, we must have the best of the best directing it all. That's ain't agonna happen. I honestly see no hope for society

As for US, even if T gets back in, he can't fully drain the swamp .. and even if he could and gets country cooking the way it  should ... it would all boomerang back soon as he left. Net end result = 0

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=385483 time=1601769801 user_id=56
Quote from: cc post_id=385481 time=1601769285 user_id=88
The left (mayors and councils) has captured and holds hostage almost every big city in N America .. and for the same reasons, likely the entire western world

As you know, I think universal suffrage is nuts. The Seamorons should have zero say over how our money is spent. However, I'm also coming around to the SB POV about social media and democracy being incompatible. Bricktop had a lot to say about modernizing democracy too. As it stands now in North America, I'm done with our political system. China cares more about public opinion than True Dope does.

Our democracy needs an overhaul. We have a handful of people that control what we read, what we can say, and put their own ideological spin on everything. Our democracy was not designed for the social media age. An overhaul is required.

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=385511 time=1601831621 user_id=114
Our democracy needs an overhaul. We have a handful of people that control what we read, what we can say, and put their own ideological spin on everything. Our democracy was not designed for the social media age. An overhaul is required.

While I agree with that, I do not see it happening ever.

Progism has infiltrated every important area..  from every level of academia .. to every institution (AKA the swamp) .. to ALL forms of media .. and effectively control everything  ..

and that includes virtually total control over  every avenue where change could take place

Progism has been playing for keeps for a long time .. and now has closed off every path

A total goof / fuckup  like Trudy retaining power is no accident, it is  proof ... and we all know that 2020 or 2024 will place it back in forever control in the US

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=385531 time=1601835766 user_id=88
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=385511 time=1601831621 user_id=114

While I agree with that, I do not see it happening ever.

Progism has infiltrated every important area..  from every level of academia .. to every institution (AKA the swamp) .. to ALL forms of media .. and effectively control everything  ..

and that includes virtually total control over  every avenue where change could take place

Progism has been playing for keeps for a long time .. and now has closed off every path

A total goof / fuckup  like Trudy retaining power is proof ... and we all know that 2020 or 2024 will place it back in control in the US

This is why I've all but given up on Canadian politics. The CCP cares more about the public mood than Trudeau does.

cc

Quote The CCP cares more about the public mood than Trudeau does

As to " public mood" , I would agree. They at least "try" to keep the public on their side .. and actively do things toward that objective  

Trudy could care less about even that

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=385534 time=1601836813 user_id=88

As to " public mood" , I would agree. They at least "try" to keep the public on their side .. and actively do things toward that objective  

If you disagree with Bills C-48, C-69, his carbon cash grab and his latest fuel standards hit, you're a climate change denier. If you disagree with him on M-103, you're an Islamophobe. If you expect him to do his fucking job and prevent foreign nationals from walking across our border, you're a racist. You can't have any debate with him. He doesn't believe in a marketplace of ideas. It's emperor Justin's way or the highway

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=385539 time=1601838348 user_id=56
Quote from: cc post_id=385534 time=1601836813 user_id=88

If you disagree with Bills C-48, C-69, his carbon cash grab and his latest fuel standards hit, you're a climate change denier. If you disagree with him on M-103, you're an Islamophobe. If you expect him to do his fucking job and prevent foreign nationals from walking across our border, you're a racist. You can't have any debate with him. He doesn't believe in a marketplace of ideas. It's emperor Justin's way or the highway

Exactly  .. could not agree more

Yet enough voters support him ... very discouraging as to our future

cc

PRIME CANDIDATES (All started Final Stage Testing) (Moved to top of new page for reference - Will update as statuses  change

Not to break the flow of convo, but at this point I'm trying to keep leading candidates at top for easy reference and additions as new stuff comes in

To get most all aspects of our world back on track, only a vaccine can do that - So vaccines really matter & are now the essence of this thread[/b]

Maybe others will point out anything they see on vaccines so I can keep it current

1. Oxford/AstraZeneca ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 (Final Stage Testing Started End of August)

One of the West's leading contenders in the race for a vaccine, ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 was among the first to start human trials, in late April. Also known as AZD1222, the vaccine candidate is based on a virus found in chimpanzees. Early results showed that ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 can produce positive immune responses, and late-stage testing began at the end of August, with the backing of the U.S. government – but when one subject developed a potential side effect, it was briefly put on hold.

The Canadian government announced on Sept. 25 that it has secured a deal AstraZeneca for up to 20 million doses of its vaccine candidate.

2. Moderna mRNA-1273   (Final Stage Testing Started July 27)

One of the first vaccine candidates to be developed, it was shipped to the U.S. government in February and human testing began in March. The company has said that mRNA-1273 is able to stop the spread of the novel coronavirus in a lab setting, and 30,000 volunteers were given the potential vaccine starting July 27 as part of the final phase of human trials.

The Canadian government says it has signed a deal to distribute Moderna's vaccine, if it is approved by Health Canada.

UPDATE]3. Johnson & Johnson Ad26.COV2-S
(Final Stage Testing Started Sept 23)

Johnson & Johnson began human tests of its potential coronavirus vaccine in Belgium and the U.S. in July. A final phase, involving 60,000 volunteers in eight countries, commenced Sept. 23. Modelled after a successful Ebola vaccine, the Johnson & Johnson candidate is unique among the front-runners in that it can be administered in a single dose.

Canada announced Aug. 31 that it has signed a deal with the company to secure a supply of its vaccine candidate, should it be approved by Health Canada.

4. Pfizer vaccine candidate    (Final Stage Testing Started in late July)

One of the biggest names in the global pharmaceutical game, Pfizer is working with German firm BioNTech to develop and test a potential mRNA-based vaccine. Doses were given to human test subjects in Germany in April and in the U.S. in May. Company CEO Albert Bourla said a few weeks later that one vaccine candidate could be ready by October "if things go well, and the stars are aligned." Phase III trials began in late July.

Canada has signed a deal to distribute any Pfizer vaccine approved by Health Canada, and the German government gave the effort a 750-million-euro funding boost in September.

UPDATE]

5. Novavax NVX-CoV2373 (Final Stage Testing Started Sept 25)

Novavax says its potential vaccine uses a protein made with the company's proprietary nanotechnology to stimulate immune responses. On Sept. 25, the company started late-stage trials.

The federal government announced Aug. 31 that it had reached a deal to receive 76 million doses of NVX-CoV2373, provided the American vaccine candidate is approved by Health Canada

Anonymous

Now how does that work. I assume the American and British vaccines will go to Americans and Brits first.

cc

Not sure - Trudy was late outa the gate (like what else is new when his lowly public is the issue) but did finally  get commitments - not sure how actual timing will work

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=385546 time=1601839698 user_id=88
Not sure - Trudy was late outa the gate (like what else is new when his lowly public is the issue) but did finally  get commitments - not sure how actual timing will work

London and Washington will prioritize getting their own citizens vaccinated before allowing it to be exported.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=385544 time=1601839454 user_id=56
Now how does that work. I assume the American and British vaccines will go to Americans and Brits first.

Probably.