News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10763
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 10:42:50 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Patent non-enforcement will further speed things up .. a real bonus ..  allowing other companies capable of rapid production to make vaccines simultaneously
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=387231 time=1602875710 user_id=88
"serious adverse events" are not uncommon in clinical trials .. To be expected, addressed and move forward.

One candidate (I forget which) stopped for a few days, then back on track quickly (Phizer?)

Johnson is over 2 months behind the 3 leaders anyhow

Don't ever be discouraged by what someone says they read or saw on the news or even if you hear it - In fact, politically, there are many deliberately spreading discouragement + there are people who predicted many years so are still trying save face .. but sorry fella, what is , is .. they have all been

flying along

We all know that 3 candidates are near the finish line & have many millions of doses already made to immediately swing into distribution mode once they get clearance

2 candidates sent to Canada for examination prior to approval, much less to US  for clearance is GREAT news .. things are progressing at even faster pace than was estimated just months ago

Oh, I certainly hope what my co worker saw was fake news.

cc

We must not react to gossip or propaganda ... everything with the 3 in the lead is flying along - & even Johnson, behind anyhow, will restart also

If an true expert with inside knowledge with ZERO agenda gives bad news it would matter .. but that is NOT happening

As to any temporary halts, Once all doses have been given, a stop once restarted does not mean time lost - The time for the people that have had the shot before did not / cannot stop running

LOL, remember the thread title - "COVID-19 "Serious" Thread " ... doesn't count a "co-worker hearing something"

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=387235 time=1602877584 user_id=88
We must not react to gossip or propaganda ... everything with the 3 in the lead is flying along - & even Johnson, behind anyhow, will restart also

If an true expert with inside knowledge with ZERO agenda gives bad news it would matter .. but that is NOT happening

As to any temporary halts, Once all doses have been given, a stop once restarted does not mean time lost - The time for the people that have had the shot before did not / cannot stop running

I hope to be vaccinated well within a year.....that is if I don't catch the virus first.

cc

I'm expecting MUCH MUCH  better

I do get the impression it will be health workers and older folks first - but things are moving really fast, including production

My only fear is Trudy not putting the whip to approval personnelle  .. but once the US approves, even Trudy will be forced to turn up the speed in all areas

cc

PRIME CANDIDATES (All started Final Stage Testing) (Moved to top of new page for reference - Will update as statuses  change

Not to break the flow of convo, but at this point I'm trying to keep leading candidates at top for easy reference and additions as new stuff comes in

To get most all aspects of our world back on track, only a vaccine can do that - So vaccines really matter & are now the essence of this thread[/b]

Maybe others will point out anything they see on vaccines so I can keep it current

1. Pfizer vaccine candidate    (Final Stage Testing Started in late July)

One of the biggest names in the global pharmaceutical game, Pfizer is working with German firm BioNTech to develop and test a potential mRNA-based vaccine. Doses were given to human test subjects in Germany in April and in the U.S. in May. Company CEO Albert Bourla said a few weeks later that one vaccine candidate could be ready by October "if things go well, and the stars are aligned." Phase III trials began in late July.

Canada has signed a deal to distribute any Pfizer vaccine approved by Health Canada, and the German government gave the effort a 750-million-euro funding boost in September.

UPDATE]Pfizer's mRNA vaccine needs to be transported at -94 degrees Fahrenheit. [/i]

2. Moderna mRNA-1273   (Final Stage Testing Started July 27)

One of the first vaccine candidates to be developed, it was shipped to the U.S. government in February and human testing began in March. The company has said that mRNA-1273 is able to stop the spread of the novel coronavirus in a lab setting, and 30,000 volunteers were given the potential vaccine starting July 27 as part of the final phase of human trials.

The Canadian government says it has signed a deal to distribute Moderna's vaccine, if it is approved by Health Canada.

UPDATE]

3. Oxford/AstraZeneca ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 (Final Stage Testing Started End of August)

One of the West's leading contenders in the race for a vaccine, ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 was among the first to start human trials, in late April. Also known as AZD1222, the vaccine candidate is based on a virus found in chimpanzees. Early results showed that ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 can produce positive immune responses, and late-stage testing began at the end of August, with the backing of the U.S. government – but when one subject developed a potential side effect, it was briefly put on hold.

The Canadian government announced on Sept. 25 that it has secured a deal AstraZeneca for up to 20 million doses of its vaccine candidate.

UPDATE]

4. Johnson & Johnson Ad26.COV2-S (Final Stage Testing Started Sept 23)

Johnson & Johnson began human tests of its potential coronavirus vaccine in Belgium and the U.S. in July. A final phase, involving 60,000 volunteers in eight countries, commenced Sept. 23. Modelled after a successful Ebola vaccine, the Johnson & Johnson candidate is unique among the front-runners in that it can be administered in a single dose.

Canada announced Aug. 31 that it has signed a deal with the company to secure a supply of its vaccine candidate, should it be approved by Health Canada.

5. Novavax NVX-CoV2373 (Final Stage Testing Started Sept 25)

Novavax says its potential vaccine uses a protein made with the company's proprietary nanotechnology to stimulate immune responses. On Sept. 25, the company started late-stage trials.

The federal government announced Aug. 31 that it had reached a deal to receive 76 million doses of NVX-CoV2373, provided the American vaccine candidate is approved by Health Canada

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=387238 time=1602878657 user_id=88
More pressure on Trudy to look good

'

https://hidedoor.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/sboxugvregwxbo/stuv/p2/trump-administration-to-supply-covid-19-vaccine-for-free-to-nursing-homes_3541921.html">Trump Administration to Supply COVID-19 Vaccine for Free to Nursing Homes

Trump administration officials have said to expect approximately 100 million vaccine doses in an initial tranche that could be available by the end of October. The second tranche is projected at 200 million, available by the end of January 2021 if all goes well.

CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield called the partnership with CVS and Walgreens historic and said it "will truly help jurisdictions solve a logistical hurdle and decrease the burden of distributing, administering, and reporting COVID-19 vaccination for both states and long-term care facilities."

Git yer ass in gear trudy. People will not tolerate any less than all out like T is doing

Good for the president.

cc

He's helping us in 2 ways

1. Getting things done in a fraction the time many others would

2. Once done in US, it will A. Make it faster for us & all in the world & B. Put pressure on our & other leaders to get off their asses

GOOD NEWS TODAY

Today Pfizer said expects to be ready to apply for emergency use and start overall approval in just over a month at worse

Moderna, the one that says will not enforce patent started  final testing within 2 days of Pfizer

No indications yet, but I'm guessing that others will ethically & publically be forced to not enforce patents

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=387257 time=1602885800 user_id=88
He's helping us in 2 ways

1. Getting things done in a fraction the time many others would

2. Once done in US, it will A. Make it faster for us & all in the world & B. Put pressure on our & other leaders to get off their asses

GOOD NEWS TODAY

Today Pfizer said expects to be ready to apply for emergency use and start overall approval in just over a month at worse

Moderna, the one that says will not enforce patent started  final testing within 2 days of Pfizer

No indications yet, but I'm guessing that others will ethically & publically be forced to not enforce patents

It's moving along at a good pace now. What does emergency use mean? Does that mean health care workers first?

cc

Not exactly sure. I can only guess.

That said, I doubt the full  formal approvals will take long, as they are working with the approvers all along and especially toward the end of the testing process to get a jump start

Trump always keeps his word and knows how to expedite full bore .. despite everyone pulling the other way

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=387317 time=1602909143 user_id=88
Not exactly sure. I can only guess.

That said, I doubt the full  formal approvals will take long, as they are working with the approvers all along and especially toward the end of the testing process to get a jump start

Trump always keeps his word and knows how to expedite full bore .. despite everyone pulling the other way

I don't want to turn this into another politics thread, but we both know the left in the US wants to prevent vaccination until Biden is in office and he can do a victory lap. It should be fucking criminal.

cc

No apology needed, it's appropriate because it's killing people & damaging the economy further

In fact bureaucrats in all areas and  including CDC have been working against any successes for T from the gitgo

Especially for some in the CDC who are slow walking things, it's beyond criminal!! They should be hung by their balls or I'm sure we can think of an appropriate item for those similar in the CDC but who are female

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=387443 time=1603048697 user_id=88
No apology needed, it's appropriate because it's killing people & damaging the economy further

In fact bureaucrats in all areas and  including CDC have been working against any successes for T from the gitgo

Especially for some in the CDC who are slow walking things, it's beyond criminal!! They should be hung by their balls or I'm sure we can think of an appropriate item for those similar in the CDC but who are female

I wonder if things would b e different if this was in year one of a Donald Trump presidency or it had happened after he was reelected.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=387519 time=1603074604 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=387443 time=1603048697 user_id=88

I wonder if things would b e different if this was in year one of a Donald Trump presidency or it had happened after he was reelected.

Yes, it would.

Anonymous

There are no details about the volunteer's death. It's a setback though.

Volunteer in COVID-19 Vaccine Trial Dies: Health Officials

A volunteer in AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine trial died in Brazil, the country's health authority confirmed Wednesday.

Anvisa, the authority, said it wouldn't stop the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus vaccine trials for now and is investigating the death.

Oxford University, which is also helping with the trial, confirmed the plan to keep testing, saying "there have been no concerns about [the] safety of the clinical trial," Reuters reported. "The independent review in addition to the Brazilian regulator have recommended that the trial should continue," Oxford spokesperson Alexander Buxton added, according to CNBC.

The Food and Drug Administration placed a late-stage clinical trial from AstraZeneca on hold in the United States, which means the pharmaceutical giant cannot administer second doses of its two-dose vaccine regimen to American volunteers.

It came after AstraZeneca said on Sept. 8 that its vaccine trial was placed on hold due to an illness in a patient in the United Kingdom. The trial has since resumed in the UK and other countries.

AstraZeneca is one of four companies backed by the United States to carry out late-stage testing for a possible vaccine.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/volunteer-in-covid-19-vaccine-trial-dies-in-health-officials_3547777.html?utm_source=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2020-10-21-3">https://www.theepochtimes.com/volunteer ... 20-10-21-3">https://www.theepochtimes.com/volunteer-in-covid-19-vaccine-trial-dies-in-health-officials_3547777.html?utm_source=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2020-10-21-3