News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10762
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 12:15:37 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=388387 time=1603771451 user_id=88
BTW. famotidine is generic Pepcid

I will buy some.

cc

Not a bad idea to have some on hand

Also be aware "some" other ant-acid reflux type items are considered harmful to a covid patient

cc

just found this

On Wednesday, FDA officials said they are issuing the mandatory recall because they have "determined that the impurity in some ranitidine products increases over time and when stored at higher than room temperatures and may result in consumer exposure to unacceptable levels of this impurity."Apr 1, 2020 - It was when I searched pepcid - not sur eif valid or not

The FDA reported the famotidine shortage on May 4, 2020. According to the FDA, 20 mg and 40 mg famotidine tablets from manufacturers Aurobindo Pharma, Carlsbad Technology, and Teva Pharmaceuticals are in shortage. The American Society of Hospital Pharmacists (ASHP) also lists shortages of the drug.May 21, 2020

I hate how google now tries to answer questions with no links and all I usually want is links to sites I can assess - leaves one very unsure more difficult  to find and assess sites  

cc

These are all off the shelf stuff T's docs gave him

Zink

D

melatonin

famotidine

asprin

I have been taking 3000 D. I upped it from my usual 1000  upon hearing that high in D & zink is a good start if one gets infected

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=388409 time=1603781969 user_id=88
Not a bad idea to have some on hand

Also be aware "some" other ant-acid reflux type items are considered harmful to a covid patient

Do you know which ones?

cc

Best just stick to Pepcid / famotidine which are know to help

cc

I just got Pepcid "Maximum Strength" ... It says on box  "Famotidine Tablets 20 mg"

They come in a box and are reasonably priced  25 tabs

I would shy away from those in bottles which are mainly chewable and not as strong

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=388461 time=1603826942 user_id=88
I just got Pepcid "Maximum Strength" ... It says on box  "Famotidine Tablets 20 mg"

They come in a box and are reasonably priced  25 tabs

I would shy away from those in bottles which are mainly chewable and not as strong

This is very helpful cc, thank you.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

cc

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/27/health/covid-antibodies-autoimmunity.html">Some Covid Survivors Have Antibodies That Attack the Body, not Virus

New research found 'autoantibodies' similar to those in lupus and rheumatoid arthritis patients. But patients may also benefit from treatments for those autoimmune diseases.

Covid-19 patients were discharged from a temporary hospital in Lima, Peru, last month. The study may help explain why so-called "long-haulers" continue to experience symptoms long after the virus has left their bodies.Credit...Martin Mejia/Associated Press

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2020/10/27/science/27VIRUS-AUTOIMMUNITY/merlin_177384153_eaa6ff01-797b-4e21-aaf6-d27f3da914d0-jumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp">

Some survivors of Covid-19 carry worrying signs that their immune system has turned on the body, reminiscent of potentially debilitating diseases like lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, a new study has found.

At some point,  the body's defense system in these patients shifted into attacking itself, rather than the virus, the study suggests. The patients are producing molecules called "autoantibodies" that target genetic material from human cells, instead of from the virus.

This misguided immune response may exacerbate severe Covid-19. It may also explain why so-called "long haulers" have lingering problems months after their initial illness has resolved and the virus is gone from their bodies.

The findings carry important implications for treatment: Using existing tests that can detect autoantibodies, doctors could identify patients who might benefit from treatments used for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. There is no cure for these diseases, but some treatments decrease the frequency and severity of flare-ups.

"It's possible that you could hit the appropriate patients harder with some of these more aggressive drugs and expect better outcomes," said Matthew Woodruff, an immunologist at Emory University in Atlanta and lead author of the work.

The results were reported Friday on the preprint server MedRxiv, and have not yet been published in a scientific journal. But other experts said the researchers who carried out the study are known for their careful, meticulous work, and that the findings are not unexpected because other viral illnesses also trigger autoantibodies.

"I'm not surprised, but it's interesting to see that it's really happening," said Akiko Iwasaki, an immunologist at Yale University. "It's possible that even moderate to mild disease may induce this kind of antibody response."

For months it has been clear that the coronavirus can cause the immune system to run amok in some people, ultimately wreaking more damage to the body than the virus itself. (Dexamethasone, the steroid President Trump took after his Covid diagnosis, has proved effective in some people with severe Covid to tamp down this over-exuberant immune response.)

E

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=388490 time=1603854127 user_id=88
https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/sboxugmc/snop/p2/2020/10/27/health/covid-antibodies-autoimmunity.html">Some Covid Survivors Have Antibodies That Attack the Body, not Virus

New research found 'autoantibodies' similar to those in lupus and rheumatoid arthritis patients. But patients may also benefit from treatments for those autoimmune diseases.

Covid-19 patients were discharged from a temporary hospital in Lima, Peru, last month. The study may help explain why so-called "long-haulers" continue to experience symptoms long after the virus has left their bodies.Credit...Martin Mejia/Associated Press

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2020/10/27/science/27VIRUS-AUTOIMMUNITY/merlin_177384153_eaa6ff01-797b-4e21-aaf6-d27f3da914d0-jumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp">

Some survivors of Covid-19 carry worrying signs that their immune system has turned on the body, reminiscent of potentially debilitating diseases like lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, a new study has found.

At some point,  the body's defense system in these patients shifted into attacking itself, rather than the virus, the study suggests. The patients are producing molecules called "autoantibodies" that target genetic material from human cells, instead of from the virus.

This misguided immune response may exacerbate severe Covid-19. It may also explain why so-called "long haulers" have lingering problems months after their initial illness has resolved and the virus is gone from their bodies.

The findings carry important implications for treatment: Using existing tests that can detect autoantibodies, doctors could identify patients who might benefit from treatments used for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. There is no cure for these diseases, but some treatments decrease the frequency and severity of flare-ups.

"It's possible that you could hit the appropriate patients harder with some of these more aggressive drugs and expect better outcomes," said Matthew Woodruff, an immunologist at Emory University in Atlanta and lead author of the work.

The results were reported Friday on the preprint server MedRxiv, and have not yet been published in a scientific journal. But other experts said the researchers who carried out the study are known for their careful, meticulous work, and that the findings are not unexpected because other viral illnesses also trigger autoantibodies.

"I'm not surprised, but it's interesting to see that it's really happening," said Akiko Iwasaki, an immunologist at Yale University. "It's possible that even moderate to mild disease may induce this kind of antibody response."

For months it has been clear that the coronavirus can cause the immune system to run amok in some people, ultimately wreaking more damage to the body than the virus itself. (Dexamethasone, the steroid President Trump took after his Covid diagnosis, has proved effective in some people with severe Covid to tamp down this over-exuberant immune response.)

E

I want dexamethasone if I catch the virus.

cc

QuoteI want dexamethasone if I catch the virus.

I'm not familiar with it, at least under  that name .. maybe I missed something?

Can you point me to a post or link?

Gaon

"(Dexamethasone, the steroid President Trump took after his Covid diagnosis, has proved effective in some people with severe Covid to tamp down this over-exuberant immune response.)"

It was in your post.
The Russian Rock It

cc

Aw, now I see it in my records of the White House release .. thanks

Sloppy copy paste on my part

Anonymous

My husband and I talked about it, and we want whatever treatments are available if we test positive.