News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10762
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 12:15:37 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Thiel post_id=389078 time=1604369561 user_id=1688
Quote from: sasquatch post_id=389069 time=1604349351 user_id=3246
QuoteAlberta has been the world's hands down leader from the gitgo, remaining fairly consistent around (1.26 % or 1 out of every 85 cases) .. maybe Fash can help with reasons (better care, more youth. protection of Care Homes etc.?)

All of prairies are doing good compared to most places everywhere in the world

Alberta overall has a tounger population for starters, and AHS is actually keeping track of where the cases are coming from much better than doug "lock it all down" ford, or francois "Give us all welfare" legault.

When the Ford government closed down indoor dining at restaurants again, there was some pushback and demands for rationale for doing it, they released a generic package of statistics that didn't even answer the basic questions, and then finally admitting that restaurants and bars were oinly responsible for 3-14%(3% being the lowest, and 14% being the highest per area. Toronto was the 14%)

https://dailyhive.com/toronto/covid-19-data-toronto-outbreak-sources">https://dailyhive.com/toronto/covid-19- ... ak-sources">https://dailyhive.com/toronto/covid-19-data-toronto-outbreak-sources

"modified stage 2" was just a lazy and escapist was of doing it instead of finding out why the other ones are so high.

It's a mess here in Manitoba.

Is Winnipeg in a lock down?

cc

Yes. Manitoba is growing cases rapidly, and several deaths at least each of  the last 5 days as well for a small population

Look for lockdowns

I never thought that would happen on the prairies, but at this rate it will

I may have it wrong, and I do know Alberta and Sask better,  but maybe Manitoba is not as "prairie people" as the other 2?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

I looked it up and here are the new restrictions for Winnipeg.

Winnipeg's Code Red restrictions include:

Closing bars and restaurants with the exception of takeout and delivery;

Reducing capacity at most retail businesses to 25 per cent;

Reducing capacity at gyms and fitness centres to 25 per cent. People must also wear masks the entire time they are at these facilities, even when exercising;

Closing movie theatres and concert halls;

Reducing capacity at faith-based gatherings to 15 per cent or 100 people, whichever is lower;

Suspending non-urgent and elective surgeries, but scheduled surgeries in a number of essential and time-sensitive areas will continue; and

Suspending hospital visitation with exceptions on a case-by-case basis for end-of-life care, labour and delivery and

Gaon

The Russian Rock It

cc

Israel is always ahead of the rest of the world

Anonymous

Quote from: Gaon post_id=389153 time=1604427470 user_id=3170
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RatWVmO3kAQ&feature=emb_logo">
... e=emb_logo">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RatWVmO3kAQ&feature=emb_logo

It's probably expensive and would take a long time to install them in all hospitals, long term care facilities and schools.

cc

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-biden-reactions-pfizer-coronavirus-vaccine-progress">President Trump and President-elect Joe Biden both celebrated the news that a coronavirus vaccine being developed by Pfizer and BioNTech was found to be more than 90% effective in preventing COVID-19 in their Phase 3 clinical trial.

The development is a significant step toward combating the global pandemic at a time when many areas are seeing a rise in cases.

"Today is a great day for science and humanity. The first set of results from our Phase 3 COVID-19 vaccine trial provides the initial evidence of our vaccine's ability to prevent COVID-19," Pfizer Chairman and CEO Dr. Albert Bourla said in a statement. "We are reaching this critical milestone in our vaccine development program at a time when the world needs it most with infection rates setting new records, hospitals nearing over-capacity and economies struggling to reopen. With today's news, we are a significant step closer to providing people around the world with a much-needed breakthrough to help bring an end to this global health crisis."

The companies expect to produce as many as 50 million doses of the vaccine this year and up to 1.3 billion next year.

[I expect it's far better than 90% effective if not even 100, but because it's so new & still in testing they have to play it safe.

I would think that in the end if it works, it works ..  period .. and as time goes on that number will steadily rise]

-------------------------------------------------------

Here's proof of the left's intentions

Cuomo says it's 'bad news' that Pfizer coronavirus vaccine progress came during Trump administration

NY governor says 'we can't let' Trump's vaccine distribution plan 'go forward'

In an interview with George Stephanopoulos on ABC's "Good Morning America" on Monday, Cuomo said he has spoken to other governors about how they can alter or even block Trump's plan so that President-elect Joe Biden could do it instead.

"Well, it's good news, bad news, George," Cuomo said. "The good news is the Pfizer tests look good and we'll have a vaccine shortly. The bad news is it's about two months before Joe Biden takes over, and that means this administration is going to be implementing a vaccine plan."

[Didn't take long to show your colors, did it Care Home Murderer Andy]

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=389748 time=1604943447 user_id=88
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-biden-reactions-pfizer-coronavirus-vaccine-progress">President Trump and President-elect Joe Biden both celebrated the news that a coronavirus vaccine being developed by Pfizer and BioNTech was found to be more than 90% effective in preventing COVID-19 in their Phase 3 clinical trial.

The development is a significant step toward combating the global pandemic at a time when many areas are seeing a rise in cases.

"Today is a great day for science and humanity. The first set of results from our Phase 3 COVID-19 vaccine trial provides the initial evidence of our vaccine's ability to prevent COVID-19," Pfizer Chairman and CEO Dr. Albert Bourla said in a statement. "We are reaching this critical milestone in our vaccine development program at a time when the world needs it most with infection rates setting new records, hospitals nearing over-capacity and economies struggling to reopen. With today's news, we are a significant step closer to providing people around the world with a much-needed breakthrough to help bring an end to this global health crisis."

The companies expect to produce as many as 50 million doses of the vaccine this year and up to 1.3 billion next year.

[I expect it's far better than 90% effective if not even 100, but because it's so new & still in testing they have to play it safe.

I would think that in the end if it works, it works ..  period .. and as time goes on that number will steadily rise]

Cuomo says it's 'bad news' that Pfizer coronavirus vaccine progress came during Trump administration

In an interview with George Stephanopoulos on ABC's "Good Morning America" on Monday, Cuomo said he has spoken to other governors about how they can alter or even block Trump's plan so that President-elect Joe Biden could do it instead.

"Well, it's good news, bad news, George," Cuomo said. "The good news is the Pfizer tests look good and we'll have a vaccine shortly. The bad news is it's about two months before Joe Biden takes over, and that means this administration is going to be implementing a vaccine plan."

Cuomo is a selfish bastard with blood all over his hands.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=389748 time=1604943447 user_id=88
https://hidedoor.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/sbgpzkcu/snop/p2/politics/trump-biden-reactions-pfizer-coronavirus-vaccine-progress">President Trump and President-elect Joe Biden both celebrated the news that a coronavirus vaccine being developed by Pfizer and BioNTech was found to be more than 90% effective in preventing COVID-19 in their Phase 3 clinical trial.

I'm appalled by American politicians like the new vice president who say they won't take the vaccine because it was developed under Trump's watch.

Anonymous

Very very encouraging news.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said today that Pfizer's promising COVID-19 vaccine trial is an "encouraging" development — and could be the first step toward restoring Canada's social and economic life.

If all goes well, he said, the Pfizer vaccine should be available to Canadians sometime over the first three months of 2021.

The drug maker said it is now readying an application to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for emergency use authorization to deploy the vaccine for use on some people in the U.S. by year's end.

Based on current projections, Pfizer has said it expects to produce more than 50 million doses in 2020 and up to 1.3 billion doses in 2021.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-pfizer-vaccine-1.5795160">https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudea ... -1.5795160">https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-pfizer-vaccine-1.5795160

cc

PRIME CANDIDATES (All started Final Stage Testing) (Moved to top of new page for reference - Will update as statuses  change

Not to break the flow of convo, but at this point I'm trying to keep leading candidates at top for easy reference and additions as new stuff comes in

To get most all aspects of our world back on track, only a vaccine can do that - So vaccines really matter & are now the essence of this thread[/b]

Maybe others will point out anything they see on vaccines so I can keep it current

1. Pfizer vaccine candidate    (Final Stage Testing Started in late July)

One of the biggest names in the global pharmaceutical game, Pfizer is working with German firm BioNTech to develop and test a potential mRNA-based vaccine. Doses were given to human test subjects in Germany in April and in the U.S. in May. Company CEO Albert Bourla said a few weeks later that one vaccine candidate could be ready by October "if things go well, and the stars are aligned." Phase III trials began in late July.

Canada has signed a deal to distribute any Pfizer vaccine approved by Health Canada, and the German government gave the effort a 750-million-euro funding boost in September.

UPDATE]Pfizer's mRNA vaccine needs to be transported at -94 degrees Fahrenheit. [/i]

TODAY ANNOUNCED - Proven to be at least 90 %  effective - Available fairly soon

Canada has contract to early 20million doses and is negotiating for more

2. Moderna mRNA-1273   (Final Stage Testing Started July 27)

One of the first vaccine candidates to be developed, it was shipped to the U.S. government in February and human testing began in March. The company has said that mRNA-1273 is able to stop the spread of the novel coronavirus in a lab setting, and 30,000 volunteers were given the potential vaccine starting July 27 as part of the final phase of human trials.

The Canadian government says it has signed a deal to distribute Moderna's vaccine, if it is approved by Health Canada.

UPDATE]

3. Oxford/AstraZeneca ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 (Final Stage Testing Started End of August)

One of the West's leading contenders in the race for a vaccine, ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 was among the first to start human trials, in late April. Also known as AZD1222, the vaccine candidate is based on a virus found in chimpanzees. Early results showed that ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 can produce positive immune responses, and late-stage testing began at the end of August, with the backing of the U.S. government – but when one subject developed a potential side effect, it was briefly put on hold.

The Canadian government announced on Sept. 25 that it has secured a deal AstraZeneca for up to 20 million doses of its vaccine candidate.

UPDATE]

4. Johnson & Johnson Ad26.COV2-S (Final Stage Testing Started Sept 23)

Johnson & Johnson began human tests of its potential coronavirus vaccine in Belgium and the U.S. in July. A final phase, involving 60,000 volunteers in eight countries, commenced Sept. 23. Modelled after a successful Ebola vaccine, the Johnson & Johnson candidate is unique among the front-runners in that it can be administered in a single dose.

Canada announced Aug. 31 that it has signed a deal with the company to secure a supply of its vaccine candidate, should it be approved by Health Canada.

5. Novavax NVX-CoV2373 (Final Stage Testing Started Sept 25)

Novavax says its potential vaccine uses a protein made with the company's proprietary nanotechnology to stimulate immune responses. On Sept. 25, the company started late-stage trials.

The Canada federal government announced Aug. 31 that it had reached a deal to receive 76 million doses of NVX-CoV2373, provided the American vaccine candidate is approved by Health Canada

cc

TODAY ANNOUNCED - Pfizer proven to be at least 90 %  effective - Available fairly soon

Canada has contract to early 20 million doses and is negotiating for more

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=389771 time=1604955760 user_id=88
TODAY ANNOUNCED - Pfizer proven to be at least 90 %  effective - Available fairly soon

Canada has contract to early 20 million doses and is negotiating for more

:thumbup:

cc

I'm disappointed only "over 90%" term,

but that may be just what they have been able to "prove to date" - and will improve greatly as more testing and more use proceeds

Also, lets keep in mind "Pfizer's mRNA vaccine needs to be transported at -94 degrees Fahrenheit"

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=389783 time=1604959626 user_id=88
I'm disappointed only "over 90%" term,

but that may be just what they have been able to "prove to date" - and will improve greatly as more testing and more use proceeds

Also, lets keep in mind "Pfizer's mRNA vaccine needs to be transported at -94 degrees Fahrenheit"

My flu shot is supposed to be sixty per cent effective....ninety seems almost too good to be true.