News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10762
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 12:15:37 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

I know that flu shots are not all that effective. This years is expected to be much better, but history is fair at best

This is mainly only because there are a gazzilin strains of flu out there

However it has been my understanding all along that Covid type virus's are a whole other animal - the chemistry has virtually no similarity with flu, no serious variations that affect any of the candidates ..  and vaccines were expected to be a true cure

Unless very high or 100, the most susceptible to damage  from it (and others too) may not change their life at all ... in fact that could be virtually forever

That said, I'll add again > "that may be just what they have been able to "prove to date" - and will improve greatly as more testing and more use proceeds"
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=389787 time=1604961240 user_id=88
I know that flu shots are not all that effective.

However it has been my understanding all along that Covid type virus's are a whole other animal - the chemistry has virtually no similarity and vaccines were expected to be a true cure

Unless very high or 100, the most susceptible to damage  from it (and others too) may not change their life at all ... in fact that could be virtually forever

That said, I'll add again > "that may be just what they have been able to "prove to date" - and will improve greatly as more testing and more use proceeds"

Over ninety seems really good to me..

If twenty million Canadians get vaccinated, that means eighteen million people are immune.

cc

But, they would have no way to know it .. all would know they may NOT be immune - It would become a roll of the dice into the unknown

Maybe anibody tests would become valuable - but after original statement, they have disappeared into the sunset

You are missing my point. I'm saying that "Unless very high or 100, the most susceptible to damage from it (and others too) may not change their life at all ... in fact that could be virtually forever"

And again, testing is still early in the game & they always try to err on the safe side - and covid is structurally  a whole other animal than flu

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=389789 time=1604962091 user_id=88
But, they would have no way to know it .. all would know they may NOT be immune

You are missing my point. I'm saying that "Unless very high or 100, the most susceptible to damage from it (and others too) may not change their life at all ... in fact that could be virtually forever"

And again, testing is still early in the game & they always try to err on the safe side - and covid is structurally  a whole other animal than flu

I guess Im not following you..

I thought you were saying the success number isn't high enough..

Are you saying the most vulnerable to the coronavirus are showing up in that one in ten who the vaccine didn't help?

cc

No. I am saying  the success number given so far isn't high enough for anyone even slightly vulnerable to change their life from where it is today

And then there is  Care Homes - How do they deal with it? How can anything change for them ? and for a great many outside of them ..

Antibody tests would become valuable - at least one could find if they were immune and if they were they could get back to regular life... but after original statement, Antibody tests have disappeared into the sunset

However,  I'm not yet about to take this very early on number literally

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=389791 time=1604962756 user_id=88
No. I am saying  the success number given so far isn't high enough for anyone even slightly vulnerable to change their life from where it is today

And then there is  Care Homes - How do they deal with it? How can anything change for them ? and for a great many outside of them ..

Antibody tests would become valuable - at least one could find if they were immune and if they were they could get back to regular life... but after original statement, Antibody tests have disappeared into the sunset

However,  I'm not yet about to take this very early on number literally

Ah, I see..

Unless the success rate of the Pzizer vaccine is almost one hundred per cent, we would need antibodies testing too.

Anonymous

It's only the Pfizer vaccine that's 90% effective?

cc

I just searched again and found nothing new on antibody testing

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=389811 time=1604972958 user_id=88
I just searched again and found nothing new on antibody testing

That's so strange.

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=389810 time=1604972937 user_id=56

No, not necessarily

They are the only one who has stated a % to date

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=389813 time=1604973082 user_id=88
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=389810 time=1604972937 user_id=56

No, not necessarily

They are the only one who has stated a % to date

Astra-Zeneca and Moderna might be close to 100% immunity.

cc

I hope so & also hope they are simply playing it safe with that early estimate (my guess)

The problem with that one is it requires storage at -94 degrees F or  -70 C.

Most of the others are not near that cold

Moderna for example  requires conditions at -04 degrees Fahrenheit for transport. Much easier to distribute with conventional equipment

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=389816 time=1604973612 user_id=88
I hope so & also hope they are simply playing it safe with that early estimate (my guess)

Moderna for example  requires conditions at -04 degrees Fahrenheit for transport. Much easier to distribute with conventional equipment

Even at ninety per cent, and I think they are deliberately low balling that number, old Herman would take the vaccine.

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=389818 time=1604974429 user_id=1689
Even at ninety per cent, and I think they are deliberately low balling that number, old Herman would take the vaccine.

Yes. I would too

And yes, I figure they HAVE TO lowball the numbers and are deliberately, possibly by a large amount

Give way better numbers later - it's win / win - Give worse numbers later it's lose / lose for them

As you know, "expectations" is everything for credibility issues

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=389818 time=1604974429 user_id=1689
Quote from: cc post_id=389816 time=1604973612 user_id=88

I hope so..

And even at ninety per cent, I too would get the vaccine.