News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10762
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 12:15:37 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

PRIME CANDIDATES (All started Final Stage Testing) (Moved to top of new page for reference - Will update as statuses  change

Not to break the flow of convo, but at this point I'm trying to keep leading candidates at top for easy reference and additions as new stuff comes in

To get most all aspects of our world back on track, only a vaccine can do that - So vaccines really matter & are now the essence of this thread[/b]

Maybe others will point out anything they see on vaccines so I can keep it current

1. Pfizer vaccine candidate    (Final Stage Testing Started in late July)

One of the biggest names in the global pharmaceutical game, Pfizer is working with German firm BioNTech to develop and test a potential mRNA-based vaccine. Doses were given to human test subjects in Germany in April and in the U.S. in May. Company CEO Albert Bourla said a few weeks later that one vaccine candidate could be ready by October "if things go well, and the stars are aligned." Phase III trials began in late July.

Canada has signed a deal to distribute any Pfizer vaccine approved by Health Canada, and the German government gave the effort a 750-million-euro funding boost in September.

UPDATE]Pfizer's mRNA vaccine needs to be transported at -94 degrees Fahrenheit. [/i]

TODAY ANNOUNCED - Proven to be at least 90 %  effective - Available fairly soon

Canada has contract to early 20million doses and is negotiating for more

Further]

2. Moderna mRNA-1273   (Final Stage Testing Started July 27)

One of the first vaccine candidates to be developed, it was shipped to the U.S. government in February and human testing began in March. The company has said that mRNA-1273 is able to stop the spread of the novel coronavirus in a lab setting, and 30,000 volunteers were given the potential vaccine starting July 27 as part of the final phase of human trials.

The Canadian government says it has signed a deal to distribute Moderna's vaccine, if it is approved by Health Canada.

UPDATE]

3. Oxford/AstraZeneca ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 (Final Stage Testing Started End of August)

One of the West's leading contenders in the race for a vaccine, ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 was among the first to start human trials, in late April. Also known as AZD1222, the vaccine candidate is based on a virus found in chimpanzees. Early results showed that ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 can produce positive immune responses, and late-stage testing began at the end of August, with the backing of the U.S. government – but when one subject developed a potential side effect, it was briefly put on hold.

The Canadian government announced on Sept. 25 that it has secured a deal AstraZeneca for up to 20 million doses of its vaccine candidate.

UPDATE]

4. Johnson & Johnson Ad26.COV2-S (Final Stage Testing Started Sept 23)

Johnson & Johnson began human tests of its potential coronavirus vaccine in Belgium and the U.S. in July. A final phase, involving 60,000 volunteers in eight countries, commenced Sept. 23. Modelled after a successful Ebola vaccine, the Johnson & Johnson candidate is unique among the front-runners in that it can be administered in a single dose.

Canada announced Aug. 31 that it has signed a deal with the company to secure a supply of its vaccine candidate, should it be approved by Health Canada.

5. Novavax NVX-CoV2373 (Final Stage Testing Started Sept 25)

Novavax says its potential vaccine uses a protein made with the company's proprietary nanotechnology to stimulate immune responses. On Sept. 25, the company started late-stage trials.

The Canada federal government announced Aug. 31 that it had reached a deal to receive 76 million doses of NVX-CoV2373, provided the American vaccine candidate is approved by Health Canada
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

The Pfizer candidate is going to be a problem if it has to be kept at -94 degrees..

We'll need to build infrastructure all over the world for it.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=389848 time=1604981439 user_id=3254
The Pfizer candidate is going to be a problem if it has to be kept at -94 degrees..

We'll need to build infrastructure all over the world for it.

Is that transported or stored at -94 degrees? Either way, that is a problem.

Anonymous

Whatever the case, the market reaction to the Pfizer news has been fantastic.

cc

Yes it has

I'd hate to think they held this back till after voting day

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=389864 time=1604984081 user_id=88
Yes it has

I'd hate to think they held this back till after voting day

That would not surprise me in the least. Biden was the choice of corporations.

cc

As part of T's Operation Warpspeed, Pfizer med is being readied for delivery by the military

Starting with hospital personnel "possibly by end of this month"

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=389965 time=1605052016 user_id=88
As part of T's Operation Warpspeed, Pfizer med is being readied for delivery by the military

Damn. Three cheers for peace making life saver Trump.

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=389966 time=1605052225 user_id=1689

Damn. Three cheers for peace making life saver Trump.

E E E E YES!!!

But for all he bravely did to crank things up, we'd all be MUCH longer in getting stuck

as he also lit at least 3 other companies on fire

No lifer / clunker politician would nor could have grabbed it and did all the things he did to make happen what all science said was not possible

It was his actions and enthusiasm in this area that had kept me always  optimistic that we would  have vaccines soon & not later .. despite skeptics

Anonymous

That is excellent. Markets are loving it too.

Anonymous

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Gaon

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday hailed the promising results of the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine trial, and vowed to bring the shot to Israel.

"An important development! I am enthusiastically working with world leaders to bring the vaccine [to Israel]," wrote Netanyahu on Facebook, apparently referring to the Pfizer version. "I see the light at the end of the tunnel. It won't happen in years, but rather in a few months."

The Jewish state has previously clinched deals with US biotech firm Moderna to supply a vaccine if and when developed, as well as with Italian biotech firm ReiThera. Israel has also reportedly been in contact with Russia and China to possibly use their vaccines if they prove effective, with a Jerusalem hospital ordering 1.5 million doses of the Russian shot in case trials eventually show it to be safe.

Israel is also developing its own vaccine, albeit at a slower pace, with human trials beginning last week.

Earlier this year, Fauci said he would be happy with a COVID-19 vaccine that was 60% effective. Scientists have warned for months that any COVID-19 shot may be only as good as flu vaccines, which are about 50% effective and require yearly shots.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu-hails-pfizer-breakthrough-says-in-talks-to-bring-vaccine-to-israel/">https://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu ... to-israel/">https://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu-hails-pfizer-breakthrough-says-in-talks-to-bring-vaccine-to-israel/

I thought Israel would be exporting, not importing a vaccine.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: Gaon post_id=390010 time=1605065206 user_id=3170
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday hailed the promising results of the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine trial, and vowed to bring the shot to Israel.

"An important development! I am enthusiastically working with world leaders to bring the vaccine [to Israel]," wrote Netanyahu on Facebook, apparently referring to the Pfizer version. "I see the light at the end of the tunnel. It won't happen in years, but rather in a few months."

The Jewish state has previously clinched deals with US biotech firm Moderna to supply a vaccine if and when developed, as well as with Italian biotech firm ReiThera. Israel has also reportedly been in contact with Russia and China to possibly use their vaccines if they prove effective, with a Jerusalem hospital ordering 1.5 million doses of the Russian shot in case trials eventually show it to be safe.

Israel is also developing its own vaccine, albeit at a slower pace, with human trials beginning last week.

Earlier this year, Fauci said he would be happy with a COVID-19 vaccine that was 60% effective. Scientists have warned for months that any COVID-19 shot may be only as good as flu vaccines, which are about 50% effective and require yearly shots.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu-hails-pfizer-breakthrough-says-in-talks-to-bring-vaccine-to-israel/">https://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu ... to-israel/">https://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu-hails-pfizer-breakthrough-says-in-talks-to-bring-vaccine-to-israel/

I thought Israel would be exporting, not importing a vaccine.

I remember reading here a vaccine from Israel was likely to be the first vaccine available.

Anonymous

Pfizer said it would only have 50 million doses available in December, but was ramping up production..

I assume the first round will go to health care workers in the USA..

They expect to have one billion doses by the end of 2021.

Anonymous

An epidemiologist said even with the Pfizer announcement, most Canadians will not be vaccinated for one year.