News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10762
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 12:15:37 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

cc

Getting somewhere

Temp for long term storage is only  -4 F = 03 -20 c  .. but can be refrigerated for shorter periods as you mentioned

"no severe cases among people who got the vaccine" ... is very encouraging. I take that to mean no one of the few who did catch virus got very  sick

I'll take some short term "fatigue, muscle pain, joint pain and headaches" gladly

But ............ I will demand antibody testing after  .... so WhereTF is this purported  antibody testing???
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=390634 time=1605542148 user_id=88
Temp for long term storage is only  -4 F = 03 -20 c  .. but can be refrigerated for shorter periods as you mentioned

The Moderna vaccine will be easier to distribute and store.

cc

Definitely, although in the early part of vaccinations both must be used up until most are vaccinated .. speed matters

I'm sure the cold one could be used where equipment is available and Moderna where it is not

Oh, as you will see in top post - Canada has dibs on this one also

Both went into final testing in July & were among the first to do so

Aside, convenient that these companies, despite T govt financial support and especially Pfizer announce shortly AFTER election .. before crickets

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=390636 time=1605542868 user_id=88
Aside, convenient that these companies, despite T govt financial support and especially Pfizer announce shortly AFTER election .. before crickets

It does look suspicious.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=390636 time=1605542868 user_id=88
Definitely, although in the early part of vaccinations both must be used up until most are vaccinated .. speed matters

I'm sure the cold one could be used where equipment is available and Moderna where it is not

Oh, as you will see in top post - Canada has dibs on this one also

Both went into final testing in July & were among the first to do so

Do you mean there's a shelf life for the vaccinations?

cc

I was referring only to  temporary storage (brief I assume)  and transport only

I expect they will be used long before any shelf life (if there is any) would be approached

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=390651 time=1605545094 user_id=88
Shelf life I don't know. I was referring only to  temporary storage (brief I assume)  and transport only

I expect they will be used long before any shelf life (if there is any) would be approached

I would assume so too.

cc

I see you sig. Good stuff, gal

Here's a  moment of good during this horrible time

#ABrightSide in dark times

Find uplifting moments during the pandemic with the CTVNews.ca #ABrightSide series.

Here's #ABrightSide for Monday:

A Toronto teen with special needs has committed himself to helping neighbours take our their waste bins every garbage day. The people on his street appreciate the good deed, which brings 15-year-old Sebastian Browne some fulfilment too.

"When COVID happened he lost a lot of his social interaction from being home all the time," Angela Tucci-Browne, his mother, told CTV News Toronto. "So it was really his own way of just reaching out to people."

Sebastian does two rounds of collections, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.5175353!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg">

"We're doing about three streets now," Sebastian's father Emilio Browne said. "He wants to make sure he's the one doing it, and be able to say 'hey, I've done it.'"

It did not take long for people to notice Sebastian's kindness.

"It really brightens up the neighbourhood," resident Danielle Thorburn said. "[Sebastian] is always waving hello. You can hear him from halfway down the street."

"It's just a nice thing to do for everyone, and bring people together," adds neighbour Mallory Warren.

Share your tips for stories that provide "a bright side" of a dark time by emailing us at dotcom@ctv.ca. Please include your full name, city, and a phone number or email where we can reach you.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/toronto-teen-with-special-needs-helps-neighbours-on-garbage-day-1.5175338">Toronto teen with special needs helps neighbours on garbage day

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=390658 time=1605546375 user_id=88
I see you sig. Good stuff, gal

Here's a  moment of good during this horrible time

#ABrightSide in dark times

Find uplifting moments during the pandemic with the CTVNews.ca #ABrightSide series.

Here's #ABrightSide for Monday:

A Toronto teen with special needs has committed himself to helping neighbours take our their waste bins every garbage day. The people on his street appreciate the good deed, which brings 15-year-old Sebastian Browne some fulfilment too.

"When COVID happened he lost a lot of his social interaction from being home all the time," Angela Tucci-Browne, his mother, told CTV News Toronto. "So it was really his own way of just reaching out to people."

Sebastian does two rounds of collections, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.5175353!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg">

"We're doing about three streets now," Sebastian's father Emilio Browne said. "He wants to make sure he's the one doing it, and be able to say 'hey, I've done it.'"

It did not take long for people to notice Sebastian's kindness.

"It really brightens up the neighbourhood," resident Danielle Thorburn said. "[Sebastian] is always waving hello. You can hear him from halfway down the street."

"It's just a nice thing to do for everyone, and bring people together," adds neighbour Mallory Warren.

Share your tips for stories that provide "a bright side" of a dark time by emailing us at dotcom@ctv.ca. Please include your full name, city, and a phone number or email where we can reach you.

https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sfi/safoyhgq/sekfhljp/p2/toronto-teen-with-special-needs-helps-neighbours-on-garbage-day-1.5175338">Toronto teen with special needs helps neighbours on garbage day

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

cc

The Moderna data was from  "the first 95 participants in the trial"  ... so it needs a bit longer to properly consolidate it

I have seen no data on Pfizer in that area

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=390663 time=1605550913 user_id=88
The Moderna data was from  "the first 95 participants in the trial"  ... so it needs a bit longer to properly consolidate it

I have seen no data on Pfizer in that area

How many people were in the data from Pfizer?

cc

I don't know answer to that

I just learned that many older people were in the 2 companies tests .. so it's logical that they work well for everyone

Darn. We get nothing re: antibody tests ... which will be so critical for those vaccinated to know if it took & already is important  for those who caught the virus to know their status

They are not even talked about anymore .. yet I know they exist .. and the process was long ago figured out .. it's a simple blood test

Anonymous

Of the eleven people who developed more serious symptoms in the Moderna trial, all were given the placebo.

cc

Extremely Good news

So it sounds like those who contracted virus gained a lot from it in that  they got far lighter symptoms