News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10760
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 11:12:08 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by formosan

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=393355 time=1607439284 user_id=114
Quote from: "cc"Also found this on Guardian tonight>

Trump administration refused offer to buy millions more Pfizer vaccine doses

Decision could delay the delivery of a second batch until the manufacturer meets its orders for other countries

The Trump administration passed up a chance last summer to buy millions of additional doses of Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine, a decision that could delay the delivery of a second batch of doses until the manufacturer fulfills other international contracts.

That story came from the the NYT, and I believe it's misleading. There were concerns about cybersecurity with the five hundred million doses. I know the US has one hundred million doses of the Pfizer vaccine with options for tens of milions more doses.

And from a cursory check this morning, Trump's executive order he will sign today won't affect the orders that have already been placed by other countries. It's more symbolic than anything else. That's my understanding so far, but I'll keep looking.
I did suspect that, but more definition  is needed to be certain

We have at least 20 million committed order to Pfizer & 20 + 20 million = 40 now with Moderna .. and that came straight and unsolicited for Moderna's corporate  president a cpl of days ago. These were all formally committed and formally accepted orders for a total of 50 million doses
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=393378 time=1607445053 user_id=88
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=393355 time=1607439284 user_id=114
Quote from: "cc"Also found this on Guardian tonight>

Trump administration refused offer to buy millions more Pfizer vaccine doses

Decision could delay the delivery of a second batch until the manufacturer meets its orders for other countries

The Trump administration passed up a chance last summer to buy millions of additional doses of Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine, a decision that could delay the delivery of a second batch of doses until the manufacturer fulfills other international contracts.

That story came from the the NYT, and I believe it's misleading. There were concerns about cybersecurity with the five hundred million doses. I know the US has one hundred million doses of the Pfizer vaccine with options for tens of milions more doses.

And from a cursory check this morning, Trump's executive order he will sign today won't affect the orders that have already been placed by other countries. It's more symbolic than anything else. That's my understanding so far, but I'll keep looking.
I did suspect that, but more definition  is needed to be certain

We have at least 20 million committed order to Pfizer & 20 + 20 million = 40 now with Moderna .. and that came straight and unsolicited for Moderna's corporate  president a cpl of days ago. These were all formally committed and formally accepted orders for a total of 50 million doses

Nothing from Ottawa, Trudeau or the opposition on this, so I think it's a story about nothing. The deals that were signed are most likely unaffected by Trump's exective order.

cc

That's my impression after the smoke clears. And if that includes Moderna, which I think it does,  we would have a total of 50 million doses secured for quick use. We may have lucked in and got to near the head of  the queue .. not by our own good planning but  only by Trump's  tardiness

In short I think it's we blew it, but he blew it worse and lost out

I think it's all about Trump fucked up and did not commit in time in some cases .. now he's trying bluster

I believe his order can affect only what he committed to which was a given to be used internally only anyhow .. just as is that which we committed to

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=393390 time=1607450505 user_id=88
That's my impression after the smoke clears. And if that includes Moderna, which I think it does,  we would have a total of 50 million doses secured for quick use. We may have lucked in and got to near the head of  the queue .. not by our own good planning but  only by Trump's  tardiness

In short I think it's we blew it, but he blew it worse and lost out

I think it's all about Trump fucked up and did not commit in time in some cases .. now he's trying bluster

I believe his order can affect only what he committed to which was a given to be used internally only anyhow .. just as is that which we committed to

Apparently, the USA also has a $1.5 billion contract for one hundred million doses of the Moderna vaccine.

cc

True but we were assured by the pres of Moderna a few days ago that we would soon ger 20 M + our then further commitment to another 20 M

He volunteered that statement .. it wasn't even asked of him

It's all a bit confused at the moment, but timing of commitments is everything

.. and there's considerable impression that we may be  in good shape for a relatively early  total of 50 M doses from the 2 makers (20 from Pfizer 20 from Moderna both committed long ago + the second 20 from Moderna as volunteered by it's pres. last week)

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=393399 time=1607454700 user_id=88
True but we were assured by the pres of Moderna a few days ago that we would soon ger 20 M + our then further commitment to another 20 M

He volunteered that statement .. it wasn't even asked of him

It's all a bit confused at the moment, but timing of commitments is everything

.. and there's considerable impression that we may be  in good shape for a total of 50 M doses from the 2 makers

At this point, I tend to believe President Trump's announcement is like a carbon tax in Canada....symbolism..

It seems both countries have enough orders for the first and second rounds of inoculations and until I hear different, I'll assume that's the way it is.

cc

Agreed .. that's the appearance from what we know + this extra amount according to Moderna

cc

We may well be in pretty good shape despite Trump's attempted power play which appears may turn out to be mere bluster attempt to override missed opportunities  for commitments

Anonymous

The USA also has contracts with Johnson & Johnson, Novavax, and AstraZeneca for more than 500 million vaccine doses, but apart from Moderna, none of those vaccines are likely to have emergency use authorizations from the FDA before the end of the year..

I feel both countries will be fine..

The hope in Alberta is to start vaccinations of those most vulnerable before the end of the month.

cc

Yes, I think all provinces will get needles in arms before year end .. with more to follow quickly and steadily after

I'm guessin there's no Xmas of New Years time off for already in action supply crews  and jabbers at the ready

It was a squeaker but seems we got commitments for a lot more just in time

cc

"We're very confident that Pfizer and other vaccine manufacturers that are contractually obligated to deliver vaccines to Canada will be able to meet those obligations," said Intergovernmental Affairs Minister Dominic LeBlanc in an Ottawa news conference.

"We have already assumed that we shouldn't be tied to one particular manufacturing site, so the contracts contemplate that. Pfizer, for example, has many manufacturing facilities in Europe as well as the United States."

CTV NEWS ^

Canadian (amd American) consensus is that our Pfizer deliveries  will not be affected by T's ham-handed action today ... and seems same for the total of 40 M from Moderna (a total of 20 million people for Moderna (1/2 of all needed) and 10 million from Pfizer) with plenty of other irons in the fire

And as Fash noted, we have other commitments and options in place to complete vaccination

Thankfully Trump blew it by not consolidating with Pfizer  when he had the chance and there is no way he can reverse that with them and Moderna

T has really made an asshole of himself on this one from several perspectives ... main perspective of which is he cannot make a not-security issue into a security issue - and both manufacturers know that well

cc

IT's Happening!!!

https://www.kelownacapnews.com/news/4000-high-risk-british-columbians-to-receive-1st-dose-of-covid-19-vaccine-next-week-horgan/">4,000 high-risk British Columbians to receive 1st dose of COVID-19 vaccine next week: Horgan

B.C.'s premier has confirmed that 4,000 high-risk residents will be immunized with the first doses of COVID-19 vaccines by the end of next week.

The news comes as the province moves into another five weeks of restrictions which will see a ban on gatherings and events through the holidays and New Years.

Premier John Horgan said more details will be released Wednesday.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=393502 time=1607477259 user_id=88
IT's Happening!!!

https://server4.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/sbgpzcorqeohfzg/suvw/p2/news/4000-high-risk-british-columbians-to-receive-1st-dose-of-covid-19-vaccine-next-week-horgan/">4,000 high-risk British Columbians to receive 1st dose of COVID-19 vaccine next week: Horgan

B.C.'s premier has confirmed that 4,000 high-risk residents will be immunized with the first doses of COVID-19 vaccines by the end of next week.

The news comes as the province moves into another five weeks of restrictions which will see a ban on gatherings and events through the holidays and New Years.

Premier John Horgan said more details will be released Wednesday.

We are supposed to get 3900 doses next week.....enough for just under two thousand Albertans..

That's actually one thousand more than was originally earmarked for this province.

cc

I'm guessin they will got to 3900 people

cc

More is on the way so I expect second doses come from that