News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10760
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 11:12:08 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by formosan

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

BC has finalized the order

1st (the obvious):

- long-term care home workers

- Health care staff in hospitals specifically for those in Covid and ICU wards

- long term care residents

2nd:

- Aged 80+

- homeless

- some paramedics (by some, maybe they will divide into  2 teams, one for covid patients? dunno)

3rd:

- Health care workers

- police/fire/paramedics

- teachers

- essential workers

- aged 75+

We have settled down to averaging about 500-700 cases / day for past few weeks
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Trump accused Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Commissioner Stephen Hahn of "playing games" with people's "lives" by not yet granting Pfizer an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for its coronavirus vaccine.

An FDA advisory panel voted Thursday evening to approve the vaccine following a nine-hour long virtual meeting, the final hurdle preventing the vaccine from receiving its formal EUA sign off from the government. But as of press time, the FDA had not yet issued the EUA.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1337369403638362114">https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 3638362114">https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1337369403638362114

cc

Rightly so. Even usually slow Canada beat them to the draw and things are already in motion  here

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=393862 time=1607717687 user_id=88
Rightly so. Even usually slow Canada beat them to the draw and things are already in motion  here

Which makes me think the stalling from the FDA is political, much like the way our provincial opposition has used the partisan AHS union bosses to politicize the pandemic response in Alberta.

cc

I agree totally. I also believe the 2 companies announcing success shortly after election was a result of very dirty politics ... possibly FDA involvement / pressure .... "if you want approval, this you will do"

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=393889 time=1607722634 user_id=88
I agree totally. I also believe the 2 companies announcing success shortly after election was a result of very dirty politics ... possibly FDA involvement / pressure .... "if you want approval, this you will do"

Aint no question about it.

cc

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/11/world/australia/uq-coronavirus-vaccine-false-positive.html">Australia Scraps Its COVID-19 Vaccine After It Causes False Positives In HIV Tests

Australia on Friday canceled a roughly $750 million plan for a large order of a locally developed coronavirus vaccine after the inoculation produced false positive test results for H.I.V. in some volunteers participating in a trial study.

Of the dozens of coronavirus vaccines being tested worldwide, the Australian one was the first to be abandoned. While its developers said the experimental vaccine had appeared to be safe and effective, the false positives risked undermining trust in the effort to vaccinate the public.

Frood

Typical...

Yet we're anti-vaxxers when we question the safety of rushed novel vaccines.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=393959 time=1607750929 user_id=88
https://server3.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/sboxugmc/snop/p2/2020/12/11/world/australia/uq-coronavirus-vaccine-false-positive.html">Australia Scraps Its COVID-19 Vaccine After It Causes False Positives In HIV Tests

Australia on Friday canceled a roughly $750 million plan for a large order of a locally developed coronavirus vaccine after the inoculation produced false positive test results for H.I.V. in some volunteers participating in a trial study.

Of the dozens of coronavirus vaccines being tested worldwide, the Australian one was the first to be abandoned. While its developers said the experimental vaccine had appeared to be safe and effective, the false positives risked undermining trust in the effort to vaccinate the public.

ac_wot

cc

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=393972 time=1607758398 user_id=1676
Typical...

Actually, it was NOT unsafe  at all. "the false positives risked undermining trust in the effort to vaccinate the public"

Frood

Quote from: cc post_id=393985 time=1607792710 user_id=88
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=393972 time=1607758398 user_id=1676
Typical...

Actually, it was NOT unsafe  at all. "the false positives risked undermining trust in the effort to vaccinate the public"

Bullshit.
Blahhhhhh...

cc

Frood

They won't fess up to the false positives in the PCR test (which the founder of said test says is being improperly used), but they'll tell us that a first of its kind RNA vaccine partially sequenced with HIV does show false positives for HIV, so they're withdrawing it.

I've got a bridge if you're interested...
Blahhhhhh...

cc

Frood

I'm saying they're full of shit. Whether the HIV does or doesn't do a true or false positive, this is Frankenstein level crap all developed and nearly deployed in under 1 single year.

No long term testing for autoimmune fallout.
Blahhhhhh...