News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10699
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 07:23:44 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

That one is an enigma, mainly as there is little published on retention - All we see is the odd supposed example which in itself has no meaning

I'm surprised we have not seen extensive study of large numbers of people on retention  .... they have fallen asleep on that one

This whole "antibody" thing seems like a CSIS secret
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=395417 time=1609031838 user_id=56
I remember reading that most people who recovered from COVID only had antibodies for a short time.

Some people have antibodies longer than others.

cc

That's true for isolated news pieces. We still do not see large studies done on it to pin it down properly. I have no idea why

Seems Health authorities & scientists have run away from anything  antibody

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=395422 time=1609033024 user_id=88
That's true for isolated news pieces. We still do not see large studies done on it to pin it down properly. I have no idea why

Seems Health authorities & scientists have run away from anything  antibody

I'd like to see some data on those recovered too.

cc

Yes. And soon for those on Vaccines

It's way past the time to get on the antibody ball

They seem to run away from it - Did you see the test sites & info I finally found & posted today? Even that was almost like it has been kept a secret or something

Anonymous

A nurse in Manitoba had a reaction to the vaccine. I guess that is to be expected for some people.

Anonymous

16,900 doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine have arrived in Alberta..

Jason Kenney said they will be "quickly deployed" to high-risk residents in long-term care and designated supportive living facilities.

cc

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/u-k-approves-use-of-2nd-covid-19-vaccine-with-easier-storage-1.5248189"> U.K. approves Astrazenza  vaccine with easier storage

"The rollout will start on Jan. 4 and will really accelerate into the first few weeks of next year," British Health Secretary Matt Hancock told told Sky News. Britain has bought 100 million doses of the vaccine.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=395970 time=1609358907 user_id=88
http://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sfi/safoyhgq/smno/p2/health/coronavirus/u-k-approves-use-of-2nd-covid-19-vaccine-with-easier-storage-1.5248189"> U.K. approves Astrazenza  vaccine with easier storage

"The rollout will start on Jan. 4 and will really accelerate into the first few weeks of next year," British Health Secretary Matt Hancock told told Sky News. Britain has bought 100 million doses of the vaccine.

That's a good one. It will be easier to vaccinate the developing world with.

cc

Yes. Good point. It will be the initial one for developing countries

We had 483 new cases today .. Early yet and still holiday times may make for increases  but  reported 483 new cases today - It's been down in that area or less past few days - about 1/2 of a month ago

More than 14,000 vaccines administered in B.C.;  in the last 24 hours

Anonymous

I hope Canada approves the Astra-Zeneca vaccine soon.

cc

Yes. Now, while we have committed to up to 20 million doses of it, Trudy was so late with ALL orders, I don't know when we get it

Hopefully some news on it as it relates to Canada soon

Anonymous

Israel is the most vaccinated country in the world. They have more people vaccinated than they do cases, including recovered. They will be the first country to reach herd immunity.

Frood

Quote from: cc post_id=396005 time=1609374992 user_id=88
Yes. Now, while we have committed to up to 20 million doses of it, Trudy was so late with ALL orders, I don't know when we get it

Hopefully some news on it as it relates to Canada soon

It's probably a blessing in disguise.....his incompetence...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=396102 time=1609393614 user_id=2015
Israel is the most vaccinated country in the world. They have more people vaccinated than they do cases, including recovered. They will be the first country to reach herd immunity.

That is a smart country. Where is old Gaon anyway. He usually keeps us informed of what is going on in the Holy Land.