News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10663
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 09, 2024, 10:06:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Quote from: cc post_id=398016 time=1610754661 user_id=88
Will impact us all - specifics posted above ^

Less for a cpl of weeks while factory re-tools to increase production > then considerably faster after that .. so it cuts both ways .. but ending up with more and faster for future

It will affect February schedules and then accelerate .. not sure of Pfizer /  Moderna ratio   ... but we have now got most care homes done now  .. and are finding ways to better use Pfizer  ... our family friend in a huge building got Pfizer in fact

Quote from: Herman post_id=398017 time=1610754920 user_id=1689
Perhaps Moderna can pick up the slack. And get the Astra-Zeneca vaccine approved.

And J & J AKA Jansen is on same schedule as Astra-Zeneca - maybe cpl of weeks .. Both are very large companies with large capacities

Dunno where Useless . . I mean Trudy ...  got us in pecking order but  they seem to be expecting some of both soon now
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=398018 time=1610755224 user_id=88
Quote from: Herman post_id=398017 time=1610754920 user_id=1689
Perhaps Moderna can pick up the slack. And get the Astra-Zeneca vaccine approved.

And J & J AKA Jansen is on same schedule as Astra-Zeneca - maybe cpl of weeks .. Both are very large companies with large capacities

Dunno where Useless . . I mean Trudy ...  got us in pecking order but  they seem to be expecting some of both soon now

Has old Justine got any orders in with those two vaccines.

cc

Yes, both  .. just checked updates on vaccine tracker - Canada has secured the rights to up to 20 million doses of ChAdOx1 nCoV-19. AstraZeneca

Also contract with J  &J  .. it doesn't state quantity

Nor do either state pecking order .. As you already know, Trudy dropped the ball on early commitments to get us lots fast

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=398020 time=1610755717 user_id=88
Yes, both  .. just checked updates on vaccine tracker - Canada has secured the rights to up to 20 million doses of ChAdOx1 nCoV-19. AstraZeneca

Also contract with J  &J  .. it doesn't state quantity

Nor do either state pecking order .. As you already know, Trudy dropped the ball on early commitments to get us lots fast

Delivery dates?

Anonymous

The old lady and I wanted to spend Christmas 2021 in the Dominican Republic with my son, daughter in law and grand daughter. With the slow vaccine rollout in this country, that aint looking like it's going to happen.

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=398023 time=1610756149 user_id=1689
Delivery dates?

Dunno for 3rd and 4th vaccines .. just know we have large orders in

Actually, Ottawa & BC are still saying "everyone by September"

This Pfizer slow down will be about 2 weeks to make factory much faster - followed by much larger amounts & faster

Ramp up for next month is still planned

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=398030 time=1610757897 user_id=88
Quote from: Herman post_id=398023 time=1610756149 user_id=1689
Delivery dates?

Dunno for 3rd and 4th vaccines .. just know we have large orders in

Actually, Ottawa & BC are still saying "everyone by September"

This Pfizer slow down will be about 2 weeks to make factory much faster - followed by much larger amounts & faster

Ramp up for next month is planned

That might be wishful thinking.

cc

I remain as optimistic as before .. more in fact as Pfister, as good as it gets, will more than make up for that 2 week production line tune-up with considerably faster production resulting in more of it than planned for

We seem to have good contracts with and have learned how to get it out there and into arms .. it went very well at the place I'm familiar with .. and they are returning tomorrow to do those skipped because of being close to infected people on Sunday when they did the others

"The company has assured Canadian officials it will still be able to deliver four million doses by the end of March". To date, they have always met targets and promises

Anonymous

One of our top doctors in Manitoba said to expecr original vaccinaion targets to be pushed back.

cc

Just those in early February back a week or 2  .. then it ramps up faster that we planned before  .. catching up around March 1 and accelaerating

The reason they are closing is to alter the factory to produce a lot more than they can now ...  so it's short term pain / long term gain

I initially got caught too... like "Oh Shit", then I realized things didn't add up .. so I did the research to see what was really going on

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=398058 time=1610770501 user_id=88
Just those in early February back a week or 2  .. then it ramps up faster that we planned before  .. catching up around March 1 and accelaerating

The reason they are closing is to alter the factory to produce a lot more than they can now ...  so it's short term pain / long term gain

I initially got caught too... like "Oh Shit", so I did the research to see what was really going on

We'll see.

cc

I understand. It's been a long dreary time of nothing but "downers" .. and unlike myself you have a family to worry about

Know This Much. The press cannot be relied on for accuracy in reporting.

It's not a stoppage,  Actual total loss is 1/2 as much for 2 weeks = only 1 week's supply in total

EU went after them and today got agreement of only one week slowdown - Canada is currently in similar negotiations, so we will see how it all shakes out

What worries me most is if Pfizer caves and does not tool up for much larger production we all lose in the long run - so if they will not re-tool to the extent intended, we will not get as large future increases

I can only hope they are able to shorten time and still re-tool for the major  major increases they planned.

"Man" can do wonderful things when he and  she put their mind to huge objectives.

Anonymous

Fifty-five people in the United States have died after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, according to reports submitted to a federal system.

Anonymous

EU shipments of Pfizer won't be affected..

This is really disappointing, and another example of Otaawa's failure to handle this pandemic..

The Alberta opposition NDP blames the govoerning Conservatives for giving false timelines about vaccinations instead of Justin Trudeau for messing up vaccine deliveries.

:crazy:

cc

What I saw was EU will be cut to 1/2 for one week .. They negotiated  it back from 1/2 for 2 weeks  = 1 full week (which we are at unless the feds can do better

I agree Trudy has failed Canadians miserably .. in so many ways .. so now he's forced to scramble and beg