News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10662
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:28:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

https://scontent.fyxd1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/143787845_10157833396695869_51134501837882303_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=nIsEu-BbXasAX_EkjwO&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.fna&oh=b3462ebfc731133646e922c6782f4984&oe=6037A447">

Anonymous

Not all of Pfizer's clients have to wait that long. When the delay was announced, European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen "immediately called the CEO of Pfizer." The result? Europeans will wait just one week for their shipments to return to normal levels, while Canada will wait four weeks.

cc

We are aware of Pfizer delay .. but not 4 weeks

BTW ... it's Pfizer only .. so numbers actually keep climbing .. there is no 0 in the overall

It ain't good, but let's not make it sound worse than it is

Tell Justine
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

I probably won't be vaccinated until September.

Frood

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=399588 time=1611723078 user_id=3254

You'll be better off for it until they can get a handle on the effects...

(I am not anti-vax....rather rushed human use with no long term trials. Just the other day Chinese researchers recommended a halt to use these MRNA vaccines on the elderly)...

Health Orgs are beginning to stand up and take notice of the effects...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=399592 time=1611723296 user_id=1676
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=399588 time=1611723078 user_id=3254

You'll be better off for it until they can get a handle on the effects...

(I am not anti-vax....rather rushed human use with no long term trials. Just the other day Chinese researchers recommended a halt to use these MRNA vaccines on the elderly)...

Health Orgs are beginning to stand up and take notice of the effects...

I want to be vaccinated as soon as possible.

cc

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=399592 time=1611723296 user_id=1676Just the other day Chinese researchers recommended a halt to use these MRNA vaccines on the elderly)...

A reputable cite  would be nice but even with that China is the least credible place on earth for all things Covid  

China has not made one honest statement since the very gitgo

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=399592 time=1611723296 user_id=1676Health Orgs are beginning to stand up and take notice of the effects...

"Health Orgs" has no significance. What Health Orgs? Please name & Cite.

Please add some meat to the claims you toss out

Look. I'm not wanting a fight, but you toss out things  .. wild astounding claims from here and there with ZERO support for them

Please simply back up what you claim  .. and I might add, like the rest here do.

This is not one of those low-level high drama sites. On a serious issue like Covid, we all play fair and responsibly

Frood

Quote from: cc post_id=399642 time=1611772981 user_id=88
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=399592 time=1611723296 user_id=1676Just the other day Chinese researchers recommended a halt to use these MRNA vaccines on the elderly)...

A reputable cite  would be nice but even with that China is the least credible place on earth for all things Covid  

China has not made one honest statement since the very gitgo

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=399592 time=1611723296 user_id=1676Health Orgs are beginning to stand up and take notice of the effects...

"Health Orgs" has no significance. What Health Orgs? Please name & Cite.

Please add some meat to the claims you toss out

Look. I'm not wanting a fight, but you toss out things  .. wild astounding claims from here and there with ZERO support for them

Please simply back up what you claim  .. and I might add, like the rest here do.

This is not one of those low-level high drama sites. On a serious issue like Covid, we all play fair and responsibly

You're a bitter lil vax whore...  :pop:
Blahhhhhh...

cc

Quote from: "Post Correction"

"When all else fails, let's try a really dumb hom"

Frood

Aren't you embarrassed for being a gullible shill?  :laugh3:
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=399716 time=1611802304 user_id=1676

Who is cc supposed to be shilling for?

Frood

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=399728 time=1611812477 user_id=2015

The panic merchants and authoritarians...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=399730 time=1611815597 user_id=1676
Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=399728 time=1611812477 user_id=2015

The panic merchants and authoritarians...

I don't like locking down healthy people, but I want immunity from this coronavirus.

Anonymous

How does Dinky suggest people achieve immunity? Everybody catch Covid?

Anonymous

The Trump administration's record on the vaccine file was a success of historic proportions, mainly thanks to Operation Warp Speed. The program, which was announced back in May, was designed to facilitate the development, manufacture and distribution of vaccines and other treatments for COVID-19 by forging public-private partnerships and significantly cutting the many layers of red tape that have made vaccine development such a costly and time-consuming process in the past.

It came with a hefty price tag: US$18 billion ($23 billion) and counting. But unlike the Canadian government's approach to the pandemic — throw as much money as possible at the problem and hope it goes away — Operation Warp Speed was singularly focused on achieving its goals through targeted spending and regulatory reform. And it paid off. Without it, it's safe to say we would not currently be having a debate over vaccine shortages, because we likely wouldn't have any vaccines at all.

And even before Pfizer released the preliminary results of its vaccine trials in November, the U.S. government was actively working on a detailed plan for how to distribute it. By the end of October, the U.S. Centres for Disease Control had already released a second draft of its vaccination plan. That's more than we can say for the Canadian government, whose strategy, if it has one, is still shrouded in mystery.

The Americans have also outperformed us at testing, having completed over twice as many tests per capita throughout the pandemic, and averaging 4.07 tests per thousand people over the past week, compared to 1.79 in Canada. Rapid tests have also been in widespread use in U.S. workplaces, schools, colleges and professional sports leagues for some time.

Here at home, it's the same story we've seen repeated numerous times since March. As with masks, Canadian health officials started out suggesting rapid tests could cause more harm than good, before doing an about-face and approving a number of test kits. The federal government has now delivered over 14.3 million rapid tests to the provinces, but most of them appear to be sitting in a closet somewhere.