News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10583
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:40:12 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Ontario continues to be overwhelmed

7 day average is 3,869  :sad:

By contrast, heavily vaccinated UK with a population of 68 million had a total of 2,472 cases today as cases continue to fall

As France next door had 39,113 cases today
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Old Herman got the first round of Pfizer yesterday. It didn't change my genetic makeup. I still like poontang and barrel wash.

cc

Here's some good news (that sensationalists / conspiracists would try to make into a negative)

https://www.theepochtimes.com/142-fully-vaccinated-people-in-houston-test-positive-for-covid-19_3775710.html">142 Fully Vaccinated People in Houston Test Positive for COVID-19

"More than 140 people in Houston have tested positive for COVID-19 more than two weeks after being fully vaccinated against the virus that causes it, health experts in the Texas city confirmed." ... " 0.02 percent of residents in the city who have been fully vaccinated"

Here's the GOOD NEWS > None of the Houstonians that tested positive for COVID-19 after receiving the jab required hospitalization

[And .. that's a much higher rate of effectiveness than advertised]

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=408254 time=1618416348 user_id=88
Here's some good news (that sensationalists / conspiracists would try to make into a negative)

"More than 140 people in Houston have tested positive for COVID-19 more than two weeks after being fully vaccinated against the virus that causes it, health experts in the Texas city confirmed." ... " 0.02 percent of residents in the city who have been fully vaccinated"

Here's the GOOD NEWS > None of the Houstonians that tested positive for COVID-19 after receiving the jab required hospitalization

[That's a much higher rate of effectiveness than advertised]

That's my understanding cc..

Even one does test positive after being fully vaccinated, they only get mild symptoms.

cc

Yes, mine also - but good to hear of some actual cases of greatly reduced effects if infected to back it up

Clearly reasons to take it are 2 fold and based on data ..

There is no down side - Vaccines are a win / win even for the few who do get infected

This should be no surprise as Flu vaccines reduce effects but are  far less effective at totally blocking infection

Anonymous

Ontario is changing vaccination strategy. Instead of going by age and previous health issues, we are mass vaccinating virus hotspots.

Frood

That's double speak for "our shit doesn't solve shit"...
Blahhhhhh...

cc

:deadhorse: :roll:

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=408263 time=1618418845 user_id=114
Ontario is changing vaccination strategy. Instead of going by age and previous health issues, we are mass vaccinating virus hotspots.

We are doing some of that, but mostly the same old program is in place

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=408264 time=1618419046 user_id=1676
That's double speak for "our shit doesn't solve shit"...

I'm looking forward to getting vaccinated.

cc

https://www.blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/AstraZeneca-Vaccination-620x792.jpg">

cc

https://globalnews.ca/news/7759372/blood-clots-covid-more-likely-vaccines/">Blood clots from COVID-19 up to 10 times more likely than from vaccines: researchers

There is a much higher risk of brain blood clots from COVID-19 infection than there is from vaccines against the disease, British researchers said on Thursday, after the rollout of inoculations was disrupted by reports of rare clots.

AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson have both seen very rare reports of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) linked to their vaccines. On Wednesday, the United States paused vaccinations using J&J's shot while a link with clots was investigated, with Denmark ditching AstraZeneca's shot over the issue.

A study of 500,000 COVID-19 patients found CVST had occurred at a rate of 39 people out of a million following infection, researchers said. That compares with European Medicines Agency (EMA) figures showing that five in a million people reported CVST after getting AstraZeneca's shot.

The researchers said in a pre-print study that the risk of CVST was 8-10 times higher following COVID-19 infection than it was from existing vaccines for the disease.

"The risk of having a (CVST) after COVID-19 appears to be substantially and significantly higher than it is after receiving the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine," Maxime Taquet of Oxford's Department of Psychiatry told reporters.

Anonymous

Mass vaccination centres in Calgary and Edmonton using only the Astrazeneca vaccine for people between the ages of 55 and 64 are practically empty as people in that age group reject that vaccine.

cc

Expected rejection. Publicity, albeit greatly misleading, can do great damage  .. causing deaths that were not necessary in fact

So sad. AZ is saving the UK  ... Low again today .. Lower than ON every single day last 2 weeks .. They are now the lowest cases and deaths anywhere .. and I believe no one who took it has been very sick or died of covid

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=408340 time=1618506362 user_id=88
http://server5.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sfi/safoyxnpdbx/p2/news/7759372/blood-clots-covid-more-likely-vaccines/">Blood clots from COVID-19 up to 10 times more likely than from vaccines: researchers

There is a much higher risk of brain blood clots from COVID-19 infection than there is from vaccines against the disease, British researchers said on Thursday, after the rollout of inoculations was disrupted by reports of rare clots.

AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson have both seen very rare reports of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) linked to their vaccines. On Wednesday, the United States paused vaccinations using J&J's shot while a link with clots was investigated, with Denmark ditching AstraZeneca's shot over the issue.

A study of 500,000 COVID-19 patients found CVST had occurred at a rate of 39 people out of a million following infection, researchers said. That compares with European Medicines Agency (EMA) figures showing that five in a million people reported CVST after getting AstraZeneca's shot.

The researchers said in a pre-print study that the risk of CVST was 8-10 times higher following COVID-19 infection than it was from existing vaccines for the disease.

"The risk of having a (CVST) after COVID-19 appears to be substantially and significantly higher than it is after receiving the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine," Maxime Taquet of Oxford's Department of Psychiatry told reporters.

That puts it in perspective cc.