News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10565
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:10:10 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Thiel

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 18 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

It will be govts. who decide, but Pfizer's data will play a role

Depends really on how long or short times between will best keep the country-economy-people- destroying virus at bay .. such that what we consider to be normal returns and continues
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

The official covid death count topped 4,000,000 today

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=415492 time=1625799099 user_id=88
The official covid death count topped 4,000,000 today

:sad:

Anonymous

Canada is donating an additional 17.7 million doses of the AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine to help inoculate people in low- and middle-income countries, federal ministers announced Monday.

cc

Vaccines are doing well against current variants

cc

MILAN -- https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/italian-covid-19-vaccine-shows-strong-immune-response-in-mid-stage-trial-1.5505559">Italy's hopes of producing its own COVID-19 vaccine were given a boost on Monday when local biotech firm ReiThera said its vaccine candidate showed a strong immune response and no major side effects in intermediate Phase II clinical trials.

The vaccine, called GRAd-COV2, induced an antibody response against the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein in over 93 per cent of volunteers three weeks after the first dose, reaching 99 per cent after the second dose, the company said in a statement.

However, ReiThera needs at least 60 million euros (US$71 million) to fund final Phase III trials and was dealt a blow in May when a state audit court rejected a plan to pump public funds into the company.

The company has held early stage talks about potentially supplying its vaccine to the European Union, which has been looking to diversify supplies and boost production of shots within the bloc.

"Our vaccine candidate confirmed its excellent safety and good immunogenicity profile in a large cohort," ReiThera medical director Roberto Camerini said, adding the company hoped to be able to start Phase III trials as soon as possible.

The Phase II study, which was conducted in 24 clinical centres in Italy, enrolled 917 volunteers over the age of 18, 25 per cent of whom were over the age of 65 and had conditions associated with an increased risk of severe disease in case of SARS-CoV-2 infection.

Anonymous

I wonder how Alberta's vaccine is moving along.....they hope it will be done phase three trials by December.

cc

I have not heard any updates on that Alberta one - It's good to see new & more supply is growing as it will be needed for future

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416010 time=1626538458 user_id=88
Vaccines are doing well against current variants

Hmm, the data I have read is mixed.

cc

I saw that Israel one which concerned you. - Have seen many others before and since since that demonstrate otherwise including Canada, BC (which has done a lot on this),  and California as quite thorough and quite dramatic

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416037 time=1626553209 user_id=88
I saw that Israel one which concerned you. - Have seen many others before and since since that demonstrate otherwise including Canada, BC (which has done a lot on this),  and California as quite thorough and quite dramatic

You are right. It was data from Israel that has me concerned about the effectiveness of vaccines against the Delta variant.

Anonymous

The percentage of Canadians who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 has for the first time surpassed the United States.

As of the afternoon of July 17, Canada had vaccinated 48.64 per cent of the population with two doses, according to COVID Tracker Canada. By comparison, 48.4 per cent of the American population were fully vaccinated, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported.

cc

Just saw on Global - According to US national database, 97% of those in hospital for covid in US are unvaccinated

It didn't say 1 or 2 doses nor amount of time after dose for those vaccinated

I hope we get some extensive and exact info on this topic .. including continuing updates as more and more are vaccinated

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416078 time=1626632825 user_id=88
Just saw on Global - According to US national database, 97% of those in hospital for covid in US are unvaccinated

It didn't say 1 or 2 doses nor amount of time after dose for those vaccinated

I hope we get some extensive and exact info on this topic .. including continuing updates as more and more are vaccinated

I hope so too cc.

cc

If they do the job of providing ongoing stats properly, it will help bring over the fearful and skeptics-lite who have been affected by bad hard core unproven propaganda  .. a service to all people.

The Hordcores themselves, we would  have to render them unconscious ... or just shoot them   ac_smile