News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10553
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:28:38 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=419421 time=1630096357 user_id=1689
People who were previously infected with COVID-19 are reportedly better protected from the highly contagious Delta variant when compared to those without previous infections and who have received the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, according to research shared on medical journal medRxiv.

According to a recent (appearing to be solid) study, that is true ... despite earlier minor studies saying the opposite

Throughout this whole thing we have been inundated with competing claims in all areas. It's been difficult to sort fact from fiction.

In fairness .. the playing field keeps changing & all is very new   .. some claims become emotionally driven ... and many claims are motive driven
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

I remember "experts" telling us infection offered little immunity.

Anonymous

Alberta will pay people $100.00 to get both doses of vaccines.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=419815 time=1630707716 user_id=3254

Stupid!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=419817 time=1630715597 user_id=56
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=419815 time=1630707716 user_id=3254

Stupid!!

We have to get more people vaccinated.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=419825 time=1630759147 user_id=3254
We have to get more people vaccinated.

Yes. The numbers are certainly getting worse.

While we finally had a slow growth week this week, we know it is too high & could turn really ugly fast as it has for you guys

As we already know the holdouts can be a "different" sort, maybe offering bum-shots with a dull needle would be too attractive for them to turn down  ac_smile

Anonymous

Old Theresa Tam said it could hit 15,000 a day by next month.

Anonymous

Dr Theresa Tam said that unvaccinated people are twelve times more likely than fully vaccinated people to catch the virus..

She also said the unvaccinated are thirty six times more likely than fully vaccinated people to be hospitalized.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=419860 time=1630795685 user_id=3254
Dr Theresa Tam said that unvaccinated people are twelve times more likely than fully vaccinated people to catch the virus..

She also said the unvaccinated are thirty six times more likely than fully vaccinated people to be hospitalized.

However, they spread it to others and keep this whole thing in hypermode  .. and slow down life and business for everyone

How ironic. Those most vocal against vaccination & govt controls are the very people causing the the high numbers and resulting shutdowns

not to mention filling up & stopping hospitals from doing what they were designed to do

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=419863 time=1630802590 user_id=88

However, they spread it to others and keep this whole thing in hypermode  .. and slow down life and business for everyone

How ironic. Those most vocal against vaccination & govt controls are the very people causing the the high numbers and resulting shutdowns

not to mention filling up & stopping hospitals from doing what they were designed to do

That could change in the coming months. Vaccinated Canadians could be the majority of new cases. We shall see if third doses prevent that.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=419868 time=1630834208 user_id=114
Quote from: cc post_id=419863 time=1630802590 user_id=88

That could change in the coming months. Vaccinated Canadians could be the majority of new cases. We shall see if third doses prevent that.

Third boosters have begun in Alberta..

I don't know when it will be our turn.

Anonymous

Only 27.4% of Australians are fully vaccinated.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=419903 time=1630880830 user_id=2015

I read that in Manitoba thirty five per cent of new cases are among those who are fully vaccinated.

Anonymous

White House COVID-19 adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci on Sunday said the Pfizer-BioNTech shot will likely be the only approved COVID-19 booster by Sept. 20, the date set by federal health officials to deploy booster shots for people who received the Pfizer and Moderna shots.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=419909 time=1630884568 user_id=3254
Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=419903 time=1630880830 user_id=2015

I read that in Manitoba thirty five per cent of new cases are among those who are fully vaccinated.

Without disputing that even though it is higher than Ontario's meticulously kept stats is lower

keep in mind that comparing involves allowing a 1/4 th factor as 3 of every 4 are vaccinated  

meaning the comparative infection factor of vaccinated vs. unvaccinated is 35% / 4 = almost 9 to 1