News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10568
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:58:34 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

WHO declares it "Global Emergency"
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

caskur

Quote from: "cc"WHO declares it "Global Emergency"

They have to justify their jobs.

They love yelling, "the sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!"

People are well and truly educated these days about preventing the spread of disease.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Rancidmilko

This is gonna be less than SARS

Flu kills a lot more. But people have learned to accept it.

Malaria alone infects a quarter billion and kills half a million every year. Are you guys afraid? No. It's a 3rd world disease

Here in BRazoo we coexist with Leishmaniasis, dengue fever and in the last decades, Chikungunya and Zika also entered the "scene". Zika causes microcephaly in babies if the mother contracts it during pregnancy.

We also have Chagas, which damages your heart. Yellow fever and malaria too.

Never caught any of them. A few friends had Leishmaniasis years ago and today it's a dog disease mostly. A few people I know had dengue fever.

But nobody died. Brazoo sounds like a rough place. And it is.

But if I were to fear anything here based on my experience, I'd be a lot more afraid of driving, diabetes, heart disease and cancer. And suicide. Most people who died that I knew and were younger than 65 died of those.
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Frood

Quote from: "caskur"

They have to justify their jobs.

They love yelling, "the sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!"

People are well and truly educated these days about preventing the spread of disease.

The WHO was negligent about not calling it earlier...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

It's about time.

cc

Yes. I don't know what more they needed. .. Paging blackface ....................

US government declares the novel coronavirus a public health emergency and suspends entry for foreign nationals who visited China

The novel coronavirus has been declared a public health emergency in the United States, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said in a White House briefing on Friday.

Once the declaration goes into effect at 5 p.m. ET Sunday, US citizens returning to the United States who have been in China's Hubei province in the two weeks before their return will be subject to up to 14 days of mandatory quarantine, Azar said.

US citizens returning from the rest of mainland China in the two weeks prior will face a health screening at a select number of ports of entry, he said. Those citizens also face up to two weeks of monitored self-quarantine to ensure they pose no health risk.

President Donald Trump has signed a proclamation suspending the entry of foreign nationals who have traveled in China in the last two weeks, Azar said, and could pose a risk of spreading the coronavirus. Foreign nationals who are the immediate family of US citizens or permanent residents are exempt.

"These prudent, targeted and temporary actions will decrease the pressure on public health officials screening incoming travelers, expedite the processing of US citizens and permanent residents returning from China, and ensure resources are focused on the health and safety of the American people," Azar said.

"I want to stress: the risk of infection for Americans remains low," he added. "And with these and our previous actions we're working to keep the risk low."

Anonymous

Taiwan suspended visitors from China.....just kidding, they've never been welcome since 1949.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Yes. I don't know what more they needed. .. Paging blackface ....................

US government declares the novel coronavirus a public health emergency and suspends entry for foreign nationals who visited China

The novel coronavirus has been declared a public health emergency in the United States, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said in a White House briefing on Friday.

Once the declaration goes into effect at 5 p.m. ET Sunday, US citizens returning to the United States who have been in China's Hubei province in the two weeks before their return will be subject to up to 14 days of mandatory quarantine, Azar said.

US citizens returning from the rest of mainland China in the two weeks prior will face a health screening at a select number of ports of entry, he said. Those citizens also face up to two weeks of monitored self-quarantine to ensure they pose no health risk.

President Donald Trump has signed a proclamation suspending the entry of foreign nationals who have traveled in China in the last two weeks, Azar said, and could pose a risk of spreading the coronavirus. Foreign nationals who are the immediate family of US citizens or permanent residents are exempt.

"These prudent, targeted and temporary actions will decrease the pressure on public health officials screening incoming travelers, expedite the processing of US citizens and permanent residents returning from China, and ensure resources are focused on the health and safety of the American people," Azar said.

"I want to stress: the risk of infection for Americans remains low," he added. "And with these and our previous actions we're working to keep the risk low."

Will Justine put Canadians safety first. He never has before, so I don't expect him to now.

Anonymous

I'm on holidays. I have not been following the news. I am too busy following a little white ball around a course.

Anonymous

A fourth case of the coronavirus in Canada. This time in London, Ontario.

realgrimm

Im being serious,but this whole thing is smoke and mirrors ..hajaja

National health emergency,maybe in china ,last I heard we have only 3 cases in Canada.. Hows does that qualify as an emergency.. soon theyll be calling it a world epidemic .. what a crock of shit ,get the fuck off the TV the skys not falling,our 3 cases have already been stabilized and sent home to rest...

Virus only kills the old and decript anyways so why do we care..this was orchestrated as youll notice the media glosses over the origin of this catastrophic event..

Was it a disgruntled laid of employee from Alberta?

Government is just compensating Big Pharma after making the plant legal..

caskur

Quote from: "realgrimm" Virus only kills the old and decript anyways so why do we care..

And don't forget all the young people with AIDS, Hep C, TB and drug resistant Malaria.

So this pandemic equals a cleansing so to speak.

Cool.

:001_rolleyes:
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "realgrimm"Im being serious,but this whole thing is smoke and mirrors ..hajaja

National health emergency,maybe in china ,last I heard we have only 3 cases in Canada.. Hows does that qualify as an emergency.. soon theyll be calling it a world epidemic .. what a crock of shit ,get the fuck off the TV the skys not falling,our 3 cases have already been stabilized and sent home to rest...

Virus only kills the old and decript anyways so why do we care..this was orchestrated as youll notice the media glosses over the origin of this catastrophic event..

Was it a disgruntled laid of employee from Alberta?

Government is just compensating Big Pharma after making the plant legal..

No cases in Alberta so far..

Three in Ontario and one in BC.

Anonymous

The coronavirus could cost China's economy $60 billion this quarter. Beijing will have to act fast to avert a bigger hit

Hong Kong (CNN Business)China may have to cut taxes, boost spending and slash interest rates to prevent the coronavirus outbreak wreaking havoc on an already fragile economy.

The economic impact of the virus is still impossible to determine, but one state media outlet and some economists have said that China's growth rate could drop two percentage points this quarter because of the outbreak, which has brought large parts of the country to a standstill. A decline on that scale could mean $62 billion in lost growth.

China can ill afford that kind of hit. Growth last year was already the country's weakest in nearly three decades, as China contended with rising debt and the fallout from its trade war with the United States.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/31/economy/china-economy-coronavirus/index.html">https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/31/econ ... index.html">https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/31/economy/china-economy-coronavirus/index.html

Global markets have plunged since the the coronavirus outbreak.