News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10566
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 10:32:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

caskur

We're right onto it in Australia...

A nursing home in NSW has been affected and staff were wanting to leave. This sought of thing is going to be alarming when it does take a hold of countries outside of China.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"We're right onto it in Australia...

A nursing home in NSW has been affected and staff were wanting to leave. This sought of thing is going to be alarming when it does take a hold of countries outside of China.

I think the USA has eleven COVID-19 deaths now..

And a number of them are because of the infections at a nursing home in Seattle.

Vancouver

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "caskur"Way over 100 people are dead in Italy...

See what happens when you don't wash your hands and are complacent about this virus?

3089 infected in Italy and 107 dead. That is about three and a half per cent. That is high

I didn't know that many people were infected in Italy.
Time is malleable

cc

Italy: Coronavirus death toll to 107; 3,089 cases
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

I believe there are over 3000 cases in Iran now too.

cc

and the think with Iran, it's leaders have never told the whole truth about ANYTHING .. EVER

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"and the think with Iran, it's leaders have never told the whole truth about ANYTHING .. EVER

I posted at another forum that Israel was less than three weeks from a vaccine. Someone replied that now that COVID-19 is spreading in Iran the vaccine has been delayed three months.  :laugh3:

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"I believe there are over 3000 cases in Iran now too.

That's the number that most larger nations are purportedly at for a near or total collapse of hospital systems, then accelerated death rates...social strife...

">https://s3.amazonaws.com/archives.haltu ... I-KYAH.mp3">
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Thousands on cruise ship off San Francisco feared exposed.... many and crew showing symptoms:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/03/04/coronavirus-princess-cruises-ship-met-protest-over-no-testing/4950651002/">https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/c ... 950651002/">https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/03/04/coronavirus-princess-cruises-ship-met-protest-over-no-testing/4950651002/
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"Thousands on cruise ship off San Francisco feared exposed.... many and crew showing symptoms:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/03/04/coronavirus-princess-cruises-ship-met-protest-over-no-testing/4950651002/">https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/c ... 950651002/">https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/03/04/coronavirus-princess-cruises-ship-met-protest-over-no-testing/4950651002/

I didn't see this on the news this morning DD.

Anonymous

Trideau regime not doing enough. As world acts on coronavirus, Trudeau appoints a committee

b]On the honour system

[/b]

People arriving in Canada from coronavirus hot spots are put on the honour system.

There have been stories of people entering from countries with large numbers of COVID-19 cases being asked to selfquarantine for 14 days. But it's not exactly forced. Or enforced. Instead, upon landing, they are given a whatto-do pamphlet, available on the Government of Canada website.

In it is this question: "I am a returning traveller from Hubei province in China or Iran, what do I need to do?"

The answer: "If you have travelled to Hubei province in China or Iran in the last 14 days, limit your contact with others for a total of 14 days, starting the day you began your journey to Canada. This means self-isolate and stay at home. In addition, contact the local public health authority in your province or territory within 24 hours of arriving in Canada."

They're also advised to self-monitor for symptoms and to "contact the local public health authority in their province or territory if they feel sick."

A woman I spoke with recently arrived in Toronto Tuesday from Tehran via London said she wasn't screened or given orders to self quarantine.

"There was no issue," she said, adding that she and her friend didn't have their temperatures taken.

Neither showed signs of being sick and were not wearing masks.

A Health Canada official said they would have been handed the instructions, but unless there was a secondary screening, there would be no verbal conversation.

Canada is taking quite a chance with this approach.

Dozens of flights land at Pearson every day with passengers from China, Egypt, Italy and Iran — their passengers merely told to handle it all themselves.

As I learned by spending a day at the airport with photographer Veronica Henri, no one is being deployed to follow up with entrants if they don't.

cc

Coronavirus has mutated at least once, second strain detected: study

The novel coronavirus that has infected thousands of people across the world may have mutated at least once — meaning there may be two different types of the virus causing illnesses, a new study conducted by Chinese scientists suggests.

Scientists with Peking University's School of Life Sciences and the Institut Pasteur of Shanghai in a preliminary study found that one strain — type "L" —  of the virus was more aggressive and accounted for about 70 percent of the strains analyzed. The second — type "S" — was less aggressive and accounted for about 30 percent of analyzed strains.

Initially, type L was more prevalent during the "early stages of the outbreak in Wuhan," the Chinese city in Hubei province at the center of the outbreak, the researchers said. But this strain decreased "after early January 2020."

"Human intervention may have placed more severe selective pressure on the L type, which might be more aggressive and spread more quickly. On the other hand, the S type, which is evolutionarily older and less aggressive, might have increased in relative frequency due to relatively weaker selective pressure," they noted.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Coronavirus has mutated at least once, second strain detected: study

The novel coronavirus that has infected thousands of people across the world may have mutated at least once — meaning there may be two different types of the virus causing illnesses, a new study conducted by Chinese scientists suggests.

Scientists with Peking University's School of Life Sciences and the Institut Pasteur of Shanghai in a preliminary study found that one strain — type "L" —  of the virus was more aggressive and accounted for about 70 percent of the strains analyzed. The second — type "S" — was less aggressive and accounted for about 30 percent of analyzed strains.

Initially, type L was more prevalent during the "early stages of the outbreak in Wuhan," the Chinese city in Hubei province at the center of the outbreak, the researchers said. But this strain decreased "after early January 2020."

"Human intervention may have placed more severe selective pressure on the L type, which might be more aggressive and spread more quickly. On the other hand, the S type, which is evolutionarily older and less aggressive, might have increased in relative frequency due to relatively weaker selective pressure," they noted.

:ohmy:

cc

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8077401/Grand-Princess-cruise-ship-held-California-amid-suspected-coronavirus-outbreak.html">Italy shuts all schools and universities as deaths rise

Italy's prime minister says the health service could be overwhelmed – as authorities plan to expand the quarantine "red zone".

Italy is shutting all schools and universities in an effort to stop the spread of coronavirus.

Italian authorities say 107 people have died and 3,089 have been infected, making it by some distance the worst-affected European nation.

cc