News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

true - it can help symptoms . but no cure at all
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

caskur

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"https://i.postimg.cc/CLG0jk4P/WHO-warns-Australia-ignores.png">

Australia is fcked...

The WHO and other entities/nations who are in the thick of it share their stories and offer their advice...

...Australia says "Stuff youze, we're going to do the opposite"  :2r4ml1j_th:

[size=150]SHAME ON AUSTRALIAN AUTHORITIES

ARSEHOLES
[/size]

I have a good supply of panadol.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc"True .. ibuprofen does not react well with a virus carrier .. bad effects apparently .. No one has said it's a cure anyhow - just a symptom treater like aspirin or Tylenol

Doctors say to use Tylenol, not ibuprofen.

They are saying aspirin is just as bad as ibuprofen but look it up for yourselves...
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"https://i.postimg.cc/CLG0jk4P/WHO-warns-Australia-ignores.png">

Australia is fcked...

The WHO and other entities/nations who are in the thick of it share their stories and offer their advice...

...Australia says "Stuff youze, we're going to do the opposite"  :2r4ml1j_th:

[size=150]SHAME ON AUSTRALIAN AUTHORITIES

ARSEHOLES
[/size]

I have a good supply of panadol.

Before they require a driver licence to buy panadol...
Blahhhhhh...

cc

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"
Quote from: "cc"True .. ibuprofen does not react well with a virus carrier .. bad effects apparently .. No one has said it's a cure anyhow - just a symptom treater like aspirin or Tylenol

They are saying aspirin is just as bad as ibuprofen but look it up for yourselves...

I'll take your word on that

Your country does seem to be taking a different and destructive path

caskur

Aspirin and ibuprofen ARE CHEMICALLY RELATED...

None of you people know very much...

*shakes head
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Quote from: "caskur"Aspirin and ibuprofen ARE CHEMICALLY RELATED...

None of you people know very much...

*shakes head

Shush, swamp pig...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

People that take a daily low dose Aspirin for a heart condition should stop?

Blazor

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "Usual Suspect"Horse fucking shit. You pasty skinned fucks are dropping off like flies in Europe.

They fell like rocks in Wuhan from the Kung Flu

4+% fatality rate   . Much higher than top countries

Look it up   ... It's not good ac_crying

Edit - At least the short little fkrs didn't have too far to fall  ac_biggrin

:roll:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

cc

People that take a daily low dose Aspirin for a heart condition should stop?

Not sure. Have not seen medical opinion on aspirin ..  Dinky did not source it

cc

NBC News medical correspondent Dr. John Torres also said that the ibuprofen warning is "very theoretical. Nothing's been proven about that." But he added that if people are concerned, it doesn't hurt to "take acetaminophen instead of ibuprofen to reduce your fevers."

Dr. Tania Elliott, clinical instructor of infectious diseases and allergy at NYU Langone in New York City, told MarketWatch by email that while people with underlying conditions such as kidney disease, stomach ulcers or a respiratory condition called "aspirin-exacerbated respiratory disease" should avoid NSAIDs and aspirin, she also said that "more data is needed" before we can determine whether this particular group of painkillers exacerbates COVID-19.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/does-ibuprofen-make-the-coronavirus-worse-is-it-still-safe-to-take-aspirin-2020-03-18">https://www.marketwatch.com/story/does- ... 2020-03-18">https://www.marketwatch.com/story/does-ibuprofen-make-the-coronavirus-worse-is-it-still-safe-to-take-aspirin-2020-03-18

The more I chase it down, the more is seems all info on ibuprofen is from one French source - no proof shown so far

From what I find today, jury is out on ALL of them ... finding little on aspirin which matters more as so many take low dose  daily

"very theoretic" seems true at this point in time

Nebraska Medicine - "There is not enough evidence at this time to definitively say nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs like ibuprofen, aspirin or naproxen) make COVID-19 symptoms worse. You can continue taking anti-inflammatory medications or acetaminophen to control a fever.  

Isn't there a clinical trial?

The National Institutes of Health (NIH) announced the launch of a clinical trial to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of an antiviral to help treat people hospitalized with a COVID-19 infection. This is the first clinical trial in the United States to evaluate an experimental treatment for this disease. Remdesivir is an investigational broad-spectrum antiviral treatment. It was previously tested in humans with Ebola and has shown promise in animal models for treating MERS and SARS, which are caused by other coronaviruses. Learn more our involvement in this clinical trial."

https://www.nebraskamed.com/patients/covid19/symptoms-treatment">https://www.nebraskamed.com/patients/co ... -treatment">https://www.nebraskamed.com/patients/covid19/symptoms-treatment

The science is unsettled about the relationship between COVID-19 and NSAIDs and there are contradictory viewpoints because we lack high quality evidence on which to base recommendations.

https://www.ti.ubc.ca/2020/03/18/acetaminophen-vs-nsaids-during-covid-19-pandemic/">https://www.ti.ubc.ca/2020/03/18/acetam ... -pandemic/">https://www.ti.ubc.ca/2020/03/18/acetaminophen-vs-nsaids-during-covid-19-pandemic/

Chloroquine keeps looking good from small studies - one of many examples of unsettled science on it

">

cc

Go figure this one?????

Quote from: "Ilhan Omar praises Trump's 'incredible' response to coronavirus pandemic"

Minnesota Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar unexpectedly praised President Trump's handling of the coronavirus pandemic on Wednesday night, saying it was "incredible and the right response in this critical time."

Omar, normally a staunch critic of the White House who herself has repeatedly drawn the president's ire, went on to quote Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., as saying "unprecedented times require unprecedented leadership" -- and, Omar added, "we are seeing that in our country right now."

"Finally, we should never let politics get in the way of good policy," Omar concluded. "This is a great start and hope others will be part of a united front to push for good policies that will help us work through the economic anxiety the country is feeling right now."

Her praise for the president was matched this week by other Democrats and left-of-center commentators. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, on Tuesday, told reporters, "His team is on it. They've been responsive. ... I want to say thank you." And, CNN's Dana Bash asserted that Trump's new tone on the coronavirus made him the "kind of leader that people need."

Who wooda thot??

cc

hold

I need to confirm it [/b]

EDIT

He's talking about making Chloroquine available to treat US coronavirus patients!

I can confirm it now

[size=120]Trump announces FDA making anti-malaria drug available 'almost immediately' to tackle coronavirus

announced Thursday that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is making experimental drugs -- including those used for treating malaria -- available as part of the ongoing effort to tackle the spread of the coronavirus.

Trump announced at a White House press briefing that chloroquine, a drug designed for use in malaria, has been FDA approved and will be made available by prescription "almost immediately." He said it was one of a number of antiviral therapies to limit the symptoms of the virus that the administration is trying to get to Americans as quickly as possible.

"I have directed the FDA to eliminate rules and bureaucracy so work can proceed rapidly, quickly and fast," he said. "We have to remove every barrier."

Addressing potential safety concerns, Trump noted that it had been used previously in treating malaria, "so we know if things don't go as planned, it's not going to kill anybody." He said it had shown "very encouraging" early results

President Trump made the announcement at the daily Coronavirus press conference in the White House.  The president added that chloroquine has shown, "very, very encouraging results" in treating the coronavirus!

cc

He also said another drug, remdesivir, would be made available to Americans as well. He said it would remain to be seen whether it would help combat the crisis.

"I think it could be a game-changer, and maybe not," he said.

It's the latest aggressive move by the administration as it seeks to stop both the spread of the virus, and also curb the economic havoc caused by the closing of much of American daily life as businesses and schools have shuttered to stop infections. Trump described a "relentless effort to defeat the Chinese virus."

Note - This was used in combination with  chloroquine in some of the  chloroquine tests .. I think it's an Aids drug

No guarantees, but it has shown to be great in several small tests

cc

He's also allowing other drugs and even European drugs that show promise

He's not fcking around!!!

[size=120]Several drugs already approved for use and being accumulated for use NOW!![/size]

Now, will our child PM come out of his sandbox and do likewise?? ... like instantly!!

!f he doesn't and the stuff works he will be tarred and feathered