The best topic

Replies: 10567
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:08:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 23 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Oh, I hope it works against the mutated COVID-19.

cc

Maybe not worry unless there is a drastic and highly unlikely surprise. Scientists everywhere are saying virus's alter themselves commonly and often ... but most always not in a way they will be vaccine resistant

All virus's are programmed to alter many times to make themselves more effective, which seems that's what has happened in UK ... but they are not programmed to know about vaccines which only cause antibodies to form within humans

At the same time, it's just good common sense to constantly follow up with checking to confirm all is well
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=394897 time=1608583754 user_id=88
Maybe not worry unless there is a drastic and highly unlikely surprise. Scientists everywhere are saying virus's alter themselves commonly and often ... but most always not in a way they will be vaccine resistant

All virus's are programmed to alter many times to make themselves more effective, which seems that's what has happened in UK ... but they are not programmed to know about vaccines which only cause antibodies to form within humans

At the same time, it's just good common sense to constantly follow up with checking to confirm all is well

I realize that, and I hope it won't be any deadlier though it appears more transmissible.

Anonymous

Coronavirus vaccine will still protect against new U.K. variant, WHO says.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=394905 time=1608585911 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=394897 time=1608583754 user_id=88

I realize that, and I hope it won't be any deadlier though it appears more transmissible.

Just heard long explanation  from Bonnie  after meeting with all peers across the country.. she explained it's type is typical of change (single strand  cannot correct itself which is why it mutates so often vs double as in human dna which would have the ability to correct itself)  

None of them expect it to affect severity or vaccines but the UK version and even our own to a lesser degree have mutated several times .. a natural thing to be expected as viruses always are trying  to make themselves more easily transmittable

UK one has mutated 17 times .. ours not so many times, but what changes have  taken place likely  explain why we are having so much trouble containing it today than in spring .. it's slowly becoming more and transmissible

South Africa is experiencing a very transmissible variation (different from UK version) that is taking a heavy toll

She mentioned that as all mutate, they can tell what came from Washington and Alberta for example of how common and natural mutations are ... UK variation has not yet been detected in Canada

Seems Alta is maintaining about the same pace (roughly) ..We have come down marginally for 3 consecutive weeks and last 3 days looks a bit better yet

Moderna expected soon and will all go directly  to care home residents

EDIT - They expect to have all care home residents and staff protected by late January

Anonymous

It seems our seven weel long lockdowm in Manitoba is finally working.we had under 200 cases today for the first time since November 3.

cc

Good stuff. Noticed a slight slowdown of late. We are slowing some too

You know, the more I learn about how viruses are programmed to 24/7 try to make  themselves more spreadable / infectious (via slight mutations) the more I realize why everyone everywhere is getting hit so hard the last few months ... as time goes on  it  takes less of it in a person's system to lock onto cells and make people become infected

Anonymous

In Canada, it seems only Quebec and Ontario are moving in the wrong direction. Even old Alberta seems to have stabilized the number of daily cases.

cc

Young Alberta did also

:roll:

Did you get what I wrote earlier for you about D3?  ..  I checked it out

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=394927 time=1608604491 user_id=88
Young Alberta did also

:roll:

I have to agree, cc..

I've heard derogatory comments about Alberta, but "old" was never one of them.

:laugh:

Anonymous

Alberta had 1240 new cases today with 18,306 people tested..

Our positivity rate dropped to 6.8 per cent..

Calgary's R factor is now below one.

Anonymous

Canada hasn't identified the UK COVID-19 strain yet.

Anonymous

As for the severity of their illnesses, a survey by Leger found 43% of COVID-19 infected Canadians said they felt very sick, while 27% were not very sick and 14% said they did not have any symptoms at all.

cc

HERMAN!!

Did you see my post on "calcifediol"  &  D3 - I checked with pharmacist & posted on previous page yesterday

Anonymous

Alberta recored 1,021 new cases today. the lowest since November 25.