The best topic

Replies: 10567
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:08:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 19 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Merry Christmas All

Vitamin D, other everyday vitamins could counter coronavirus effects: report

https://www.foxnews.com/health/vitamin-d-other-everyday-vitamins-could-counter-coronavirus-effects-report">Studies reveal nine out of 10 COVID-19 deaths could have been prevented if people had adequate Vitamin D levels

Using simple, everyday medicines available in your medicine cabinet or in your kitchen could counter the effects of coronavirus, a report said Thursday.

So far, here's what medical experts say: People with low vitamin D who get COVID have a greater tendency toward dying, have a greater tendency toward hyper-inflammation in the cytokine storm that comes with COVID, and have a greater tendency toward getting on ventilators, which is very bad because ventilators don't work very well for COVID, Osborne said.

"When a person's on a ventilator with COVID it's not a good thing. So, the outcomes aren't great, so if we can keep people off of ventilators and we can keep their immune system supported really well with nutrition, that ideally that makes the most sense," he explained.

Additional studies also revealed nine out of 10 COVID-19 deaths could have been prevented if people had adequate Vitamin D levels, the  FOX 26 report said.

In fact, some hospitals nationwide are even using vitamins as a treatment for COVID-19, not just prevention.

"A lot of doctors are now learning this and suggesting this as a form of treatment. At the East Virginia School of Medicine there's a COVID protocol that includes Vitamin D, Osborne said.

So if you're hospitalized for COVID, they're automatically putting you on between 20,000 and 60,000 units of Vitamin D. This is part of their standard of care protocol in that hospital system, he said.

Vitamin D is one of the most simple and affordable ways to help you stay healthy

He stressed everyone should think of boosting their immune systems using four different supplements – Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Zinc and Quercetin, a natural bioflavonoid that opens up the cells in your body so zinc can get inside, the FOX 26 report said.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

The old lady bought wo bottles.  Old Herman bought three bottles, so we're good for a while.

Anonymous

A province wide lockdown becomes effective at midnight tonight.

cc

Good stuff. It is the single best immune system builder of the 4 items mentioned as wise

I have also been on C & Zink also since I learned they help also ... this Quercetin which helps zink to enter cells I will check with Pharmacist on

This study, (above ^) is current so the result of months of experience (more than just theory),  verifies the dramatic value of going into covid with immune system strong "Additional studies also revealed nine out of 10 COVID-19 deaths could have been prevented if people had adequate Vitamin D levels"

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=395341 time=1608926372 user_id=88
Good stuff. It is the single best immune system builder of the 4 items mentioned as wise

I have also been on C & Zink also since I learned they help also ... this Quercetin which helps zink to enter cells I will check with Pharmacist on

This study, (above ^) is current so the result of months of experience (more than just theory),  verifies the dramatic value of going into covid with immune system strong "Additional studies also revealed nine out of 10 COVID-19 deaths could have been prevented if people had adequate Vitamin D levels"

What is that?

Anonymous

The United States will require airline passengers from Britain to get a negative COVID-19 test before their flight, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced late Thursday.

cc

I just had long discussion with my Pharmacist  and made sure I would get all the above( Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Zinc

and Quercetin, a natural bioflavonoid that opens up the cells in your body so zinc can get inside + Bromelain

Another very similar study posted by "ClinicalTrials.gov" https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04468139">https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04468139 (Quadruple Therapy Zinc, Quercetin, Bromelain and Vitamin C on the Clinical Outcomes of Patients Infected With COVID-19)

I made sure I have all the above as many doctors place people with covid on them - and as a "preemption, they all help boost immune system and of course the stronger one's immune system is, the better one's chances after getting covid - or the less effect covd has upon patients)

"Quercetin is a safe natural anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory polyphenolic compound that found in various natural sources include onion, red grapes, honey and citrus fruits. It was shown that quercetin has the ability to chelate zinc ions and act as zinc ionophore. Therefore, quercetin could have antiviral activity against many RNA viruses . Quercetin, a flavonoid found in fruits and vegetables, has unique biological properties that may improve mental/physical performance and reduce infection risk ; These properties form the basis for potential benefits to overall health and disease resistance, including anti-carcinogenic, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antioxidant, and psychostimulant activities, as well as the ability to inhibit lipid peroxidation, platelet aggregation and capillary permeability, and to stimulate mitochondrial biogenesis .There are various studies that report the immunomodulatory effect of bromelain .

Bromelain activates natural killer cells and augments the production of granulocyte-macrophage-colony stimulating factor, IL-2, IL-6 and decreases the activation of Thelper cells. Thus, bromelain decreases the majority of inflammatory mediators and has demonstrated a significant role as an anti-inflammatory agent in various conditions Vitamin C is known as an essential anti-oxidant.,and enzymatic co-factor for physiological reactions such as hormone production, collagen synthesis and immune potentiation . Naturally, an insufficiency of vitamin C leads to severe injuries to multiple organs, especially to the heart and brain, since they are both highly aerobic organs that produce more oxygen radicals. In fact, studies of in vivo effect on vitamin C are difficult since most animals, except human and some primate, are capable of synthesizing vitamin C endogenously"

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04468139">https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04468139

While I don't expect to catch Covid, I want my immune system to be as strong as possible going in if I should get it- The previous link https://www.foxnews.com/health/vitamin-d-other-everyday-vitamins-could-counter-coronavirus-effects-report">https://www.foxnews.com/health/vitamin- ... cts-report">https://www.foxnews.com/health/vitamin-d-other-everyday-vitamins-could-counter-coronavirus-effects-report

showed dramatic survival stats albeit a very small group

So soon as one on order comes in I will be taking D3 (3000iu), Zinc, Quercetin, Bromelain and Vitamin C ... ALL boost immune system ..  and our  immune system is all we have to fight off covid with should we catch  it = the stronger immune system is, the better our chances (or the less covid will be able harm us)

In fact, the above are commonly given in many hospitals to help patients fight off covid, albeit some of them are given in massive initial dosage for patients

We are not totally helpless against this beast - There are some things we can to to help our bodies ( via our immune systems) fight off covid should we get it - and it is our immune system that does all the fighting

Better to be strong at the start than to force hospital to try to play catch-up

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=395399 time=1609026504 user_id=88
Ontario today declared 2 cases of new UK variant

Are we still allowing flights from the UK?

Anonymous

Alberta reported 900 cases of COVID-19 on Dec. 25..

There were 14,200 tests completed on Dec. 25 with a positivity rate of six per cent.

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=395400 time=1609027637 user_id=56

They had been cut off for 3 days to give them time to assess. I believe they extended it after that

That said, cases need time to progress to illness, so any found now may have been before cut off of flights.

If these people infected others (highly likely), expect it to grow

By the time UK caught onto it, it had progressed as one would expect

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=395408 time=1609029928 user_id=88
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=395400 time=1609027637 user_id=56

They had been cut off for 3 days to give them time to assess. I believe they extended it after that

That said, cases need time to progress to illness, so any found now may have been before cut off of flights.

If these people infected others (highly likely), expect it to grow

By the time UK caught onto it, it had progressed as one would expect

Perhaps we should ban flights from Ontario.

cc

Comparing cases, and also  to BC from Alberta

ac_razz   :wink:

On the serious side, from ON & Quebec is not a bad idea. ON is most likely to get more spreadable strain first .. and their daily raw cases are up to 2,500

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=395416 time=1609031462 user_id=88
Comparing cases, and also  to BC from Alberta

ac_razz   :wink:

On the serious side, from ON & Quebec is not a bad idea. ON is most likely to get more spreadable strain first .. and their daily raw cases are up to 2,500

I'm sure my suggestion will not become policy in any province..

But, if this new strain is as transmissible as we are told, I feel it should be contained.

cc

Agreed 100

That strain will greatly increase numbers no matter what else we do