The best topic

Replies: 10567
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:08:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 24 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I think cases are going to go up in Saskatchewan after new years. I know we were not the only people with guests.

cc

Alberta reported  2,100 combined over yesterday and today - so the lower numbers are holding

Ontario reported  4,301 new cases, 4,150 recoveries and 81 deaths over the past two days.

Few other Canadian reports - Seems Canada, unlike most all other countries  does not do their job  weekends and holidays
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=395445 time=1609039272 user_id=88
Alberta reported  2,100 combined over yesterday and today - so the lower numbers are holding

Ontario reported  4,301 new cases, 4,150 recoveries and 81 deaths over the past two days.

Few other Canadian reports - Seems Canada, unlike most all other countries  does not do their job  weekends and holidays

I see Alberta had less than a thousand cases yesterday.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=395449 time=1609040664 user_id=1689
Quote from: cc post_id=395445 time=1609039272 user_id=88

I see Alberta had less than a thousand cases yesterday.

Fewer people were tested on Christmas day, but the trend is lower.

Anonymous

Alberta estimated 500 new COVID-19 cases over Boxing Day, with a roughly 7.2 per cent positivity rate. Dr. Deena Hinshaw noted fewer people were tested on Christmas Day..

A care home in northeast Calgary has now been linked to more than 200 cases and 16 deaths.

Anonymous

Manitoba had 524 cases and 28 deaths in the last 24 hours. The positivity rate was a whopping 12.5%. We had more cases than Alberta. :2r4ml1j_th:

Anonymous

The new UK variant has been discovered in Ottawa and on Vancouver Island.

Anonymous

Dr Anthony Fauci originally said herd immunity would require sixty per cent of the population getting vaccinated, but now he says ninety per cent of the population need to be vaccinated to achieve herd immunity......that doesn't seem realistic.

cc

There is no such thing .. except as a relative % of lower risk .. I have always found that term embarrassing and greatly misleading and insulting to human intelligence  .. which is why  never type it.

Scientists trying to regain credibility after their reputations  got creamed following their  dire proclamations only to be humiliated by  Trumps vaccine efforts and speed

Sweden tried to sell that load of hogwash to justify attempting their early catastrophe

The only people ever protected will be those with a high level of antibodies

So long as  any number above 1 do not have a high level of antibodies, they potentially could get it, period .. and the lower that number the less the risk .. but risk continues to exist whenever % one chooses to apply .. but there is no magic % other than 0 + 1

cc

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/greg-norman-offers-warning-during-hideous-covid-19-battle">Greg Norman offers warning during 'hideous' COVID-19 battle

Greg Norman has detailed the severe COVID-19 symptoms that "kicked the crap" out of him as he returned to a hospital after initially thinking he had overcome the worst of the virus.

The Aussie golf legend, who lives in America, revealed a couple of days ago that his Christmas was ruined when he contracted coronavirus, as did his son Greg Norman Jr. What started out as "mild symptoms" quickly intensified and Norman endured pain like never before.

The 65-year-old thanked the doctors and staff at the facility where he is being treated in Palm Beach and said: "Getting an infusion of Bamlanivimab antibody. The path to full recovery. Hoping to be out later today."

Norman is in terrific physical shape and in the past has regularly posted photos to social media with his shirt off and explaining his dedicated workout routine.

However, even as someone in good health, COVID-19 knocked the golfer around in a way he's never experienced before.

"I am fit and strong and have a high tolerance for pain but this virus kicked the crap out of me like nothing I have ever experienced before," Norman wrote on Instagram.

"Muscle and joint pain on another level. Headaches that feel like a chisel going through your head scraping little bits off each time, fever, muscles that just did not want to work like yesterday walking my dog Apollo my quads and hip flexors just did not want to work due to fatigue.

"Then my taste failed where beer tastes bad and wine the same. And finally at times struggling with memory of names and things. Then there is irritation."

Norman urged everyone to take the "hideous" virus seriously so they can avoid the battle he has faced.

"So please take care. And for those doubters out there, do not judge or cast unwarranted comments and opinions I would not want anyone, even you, to experience this hideous virus," he said.

"So I ask, do what is right, not just for you, but your family, friends, co-workers and other people around. I am luckier than most and for that I am thankful and blessed. Also the world is blessed and science has acted and performed like never before in getting a vaccine/s for all to eventually receive. Thank you to those people. We need to get our world back in healthy harmony so we can get healthy economically and prosperously with millions and millions people getting their lives back.

Anonymous

Manitoba only had 107 cases today. Nine deaths mind you.

cc

cc

Several Canadian regions report new variant of coronavirus first detected in U.K.

A new variant of the coronavirus first seen in Britain has been detected in several regions of Canada, amplifying worries about its spread. The discoveries come as Canada topped 15,000 deaths as a result of COVID-19 on Monday, with more than 554,000 cases reported since the pandemic began.

The first reported Canadian cases of the variant, identified in a couple in the Durham Region of southern Ontario, came as the province went into a lockdown on Saturday. The pair had contact with someone who had recently returned from the U.K., health officials later said.

On Sunday, health officials in British Columbia and the Ottawa area said they had identified people infected with the variant. Both the B.C. case, which was found in the Island Health region, and the Ottawa-area case involved people who had recently travelled from the U.K., officials said.

The Public Health Agency of Canada has said early data suggests the new variant may be more transmissible, but there is no evidence the variant causes more severe symptoms or impacts vaccine effectiveness.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced last week that Canada is extending its ban on passenger flights coming from the U.K. until Jan. 6. The variant was first identified in the United Kingdom but has since been detected in several other countries, including France, Belgium, Australia, the Netherlands and South Korea.

cc

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-nurses-union-criticizes-covid-19-vaccine-rollout-1.5855692?cmp=newsletter_Coronavirus%20Brief_2867_227108">B.C. Nurses' Union criticizes COVID-19 vaccine rollout for allowing queue jumping

The B.C. Nurses' Union is criticizing the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines, just two weeks after the provincial immunization campaign began.

In an interview with CBC News, BCNU president Christine Sorensen accuses administrators of "jump(ing) the queue" for immunization before front-line health-care staff.  She says unexplained delays and bureaucracy have hampered efforts to protect nurses.

"That's unacceptable," Sorensen told CBC News. "While we have doses of vaccine in this province, they should not be in storage. They should be in the arms of people who are caring for patients on the front line."

While the B.C. government has issued directives to prioritize immunizations, Sorensen says some people appear to be getting preferential treatment.  

Administrators receiving vaccine

"I do know that we have seen people jump the queue, shall we say ... including people who do not work in COVID units or work in point-of-care with high-risk patients," Sorensen says, "I'm aware of people ... who are, yes, in administrative roles."

Sorensen says she has received reports of preferential treatment from health districts across the province including reports that clinical pharmacists and general physicians are among those being immunized, yet they are not identifiably part of a priority group.

South Korea also reporting variant - Damn this virus spreads fast and everywhere - The touted great  "world society" makes containment of all variants impossible

Anonymous

917 new cases had been identified in the last 24 hours in Alberta..

While lower case numbers are encouraging, Hinshaw said they're partly due to fewer people getting tested over the holidays..

An additional 20 deaths were reported Monday, bringing the provincial death toll up to 1,002..

Out of the 20 deaths reported Monday, 14 were linked to outbreaks at long-term care sites or hospitals..

Hinshaw confirmed Monday that Alberta has also identified one COVID-19 case caused by this variant in someone who recently arrived from the U.K.