The best topic

Replies: 10568
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:58:34 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 21 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

mRNA Technology via CDC:

Contrary to claims of amateurs, mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines do not alter DNA in any way .. and in fact is not new technology

Further, it does not contain a live virus and do not carry a risk of causing disease in the vaccinated person.

On the other hand, unscientific scare talk is cheap & easy

CDC:

" - mRNA technology is new, but not unknown. They have been studied for more than a decade

- mRNA vaccines do not contain a live virus and do not carry a risk of causing disease in the vaccinated person.

- mRNA from the vaccine never enters the nucleus of the cell and does not affect or interact with a person's DNA..

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/hcp/mrna-vaccine-basics.html">CDC on mRNA -Just one of many science info groups on mRNA technology

It's OK to fear what one does not understand .. but it's not OK to  spread lies, inaccuracies  and fear monger about what one does not understand or reads uncredible unscientific scare-tactic literature about

"Talk" is cheap and easy

If  one is afraid of it & thus  does not want to take it,  ... then simply don't take it
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Ontario reports record high 3,328 new COVID-19 cases today, and 56 new deaths.

ac_wot

cc

Anonymous

Alberta reported approximately 1200 cases of COVID today..

The province is reporting a seven per cent test positivity rate based on 16,900 tests. Dr. Hinshaw also reported that hospitalizations were increasing while the number of COVID-19 patients in intensive care units remained stable.

cc

Quebec 2819 .. even more catastrophic than ON

I don't feel like doing my  usual sexy New Years avatars this year

Ontario Finance Minister Resigns After Apologizing For COVID-19 Pandemic Vacation

https://www.blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/rod-phillips-620x412.jpg">

Anonymous

Premier Pallister is saying restrictions will ease, he just won't say when.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=396188 time=1609448661 user_id=88
Quebec 2819 .. even more catastrophic than ON

I don't feel like doing my  usual sexy New Years avatars this year

Ontario Finance Minister Resigns After Apologizing For COVID-19 Pandemic Vacation

https://www.blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/rod-phillips-620x412.jpg">

Rules for thee, not for he.

Anonymous

Who Is Most Likely to Die From COVID, According to CDC

Since the first cases of COVID-19 were detected in Wuhan, China, in late December, medical experts have been attempting to decode the highly infectious and potentially deadly virus. One of the most curious aspects: it has the ability to completely ravage the bodies of some individuals, while others who are infected experience no symptoms at all.

It has been widely reported that COVID-19 disproportionally impacts women. On top of that, the CDC reports that women are slightly more likely to get infected with COVID-19 with a rate of 52.2%. But it's men who were more prone to die in the effect of COVID-19 infection (53.8% respectively, of 46.2% women).

According to an earlier CDC report, those with underlying conditions — the most common being cardiovascular disease (32%), diabetes (30%) and chronic lung disease (18%) — were overwhelmingly more likely to suffer serious illness, as they were six times more likely to be hospitalized and 12 times more likely to die.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Maybe it's too early to say, but it does seem cases are rising across the country after the holidays..

Alberta recoreded nine hundred new cases based on lower tests(12,700) for a positivity rate of seven per cent.

Anonymous

cc

Not good. UK has been over 50,000 for several days now & worse, is climbing daily now

Canadian provinces go to sleep on holidays, some even on regular weekends - but Ontario based on estimates continues to climb  (5,839, over last two days)

Manitoba  today  327 .. Saskabush 485 .. Alberta down a bit  based on temporary numbers

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=396353 time=1609625711 user_id=88
Not good. UK has been over 50,000 for several days now & worse, is climbing daily now

Canadian provinces go to sleep on holidays, some even on regular weekends - but Ontario based on estimates continues to climb  (5,839, over last two days)

Manitoba  today  327 .. Saskabush 485 .. Alberta down a bit  based on temporary numbers

I saw our numbers were up in Manitoba. Across the street I saw vehicles coming and going from houses, so I am not surprised cases are up a bit.

Anonymous

There were an estimated 400 new cases reported, out of about 8,100 tests..

The latest numbers give a provincial positivity rate of five per cent.

Anonymous

More than 1,000 Albertans have now died from COVID-19..

The first 500 died over a span of nearly nine months..

The next 500 died in just over one month.