The best topic

Replies: 10568
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:58:34 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 24 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Thiel

Manitoba's Code Red health orders and restrictions have been extended for another two weeks. Hundreds of Manitobans ignored health orders and went to holiday gatherings causing a spike in COVID-19 cases
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

Quote from: Thiel post_id=397144 time=1610169525 user_id=1688
Manitoba's Code Red health orders and restrictions have been extended for another two weeks. Hundreds of Manitobans ignored health orders and went to holiday gatherings causing a spike in COVID-19 cases

Are school's in Manitoba open Thiel?

They reopen here in Alberta on Monday.

Thiel

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=397149 time=1610170921 user_id=3254
Quote from: Thiel post_id=397144 time=1610169525 user_id=1688

Are school's in Manitoba open Thiel?

They reopen here in Alberta on Monday.

I believe almost all school divisions have kept their schools open.
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

Alberta reports Canada's 1st case of coronavirus variant found in South Africa..

The case involved a recent traveller, who is now in quarantine, Dr. Deena Hinshaw, Alberta's chief medical officer of health, announced on social media Friday..

Hinshaw said there is no evidence the variant has spread to anyone else.

Anonymous

Alberta reports Canada's 1st case of coronavirus variant found in South Africa..

The case involved a recent traveller, who is now in quarantine, Dr. Deena Hinshaw, Alberta's chief medical officer of health, announced on social media Friday..

Hinshaw said there is no evidence the variant has spread to anyone else.

cc

Pfizer (and others) are always examining data. They said from what they can determine, the vaccine works equally effective against all new strains

Say did you know ? Bonnie yesterday explicitly said  they are working daily  with both vaccines and they produce 85 - 95 % protection after just 2 weeks after 1st shot, That is good to hear and better than I expected
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Pfizer (and others) are always examining data. They said from what they can determine, the vaccine works equally effective against all new strains

Say did you know ? Bonnie yesterday explicitly said  they are working daily  with both vaccine producers  and they produce 85 - 95 % protection after just 2 weeks after 1st shot, That is good to hear and better than I expected

She also said that longer time between shots has proven to provide longer and stronger protection ... so it's likely manufacturers will soon alter the recommended time between doses

We should remember that this is all new and not long after sped up initial test period so they learn more every day as time period increases

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=397180 time=1610212311 user_id=88

Say did you know ? Bonnie yesterday explicitly said  they are working daily  with both vaccines and they produce 85 - 95 % protection after just 2 weeks after 1st shot, That is good to hear and better than I expected

That's awesome.

Something I wondered about is how important is it that the second vaccination be administerd twenty eight days after the first. Is it still effective if it's forty five days later for example.

cc

It is great and surprising news. She also said both have found that that longer time between shots has proven to provide longer and stronger protection ... so it's likely manufacturers will soon alter the recommended time between doses

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=397185 time=1610212962 user_id=88
It is great and surprising news. She also said both have found that that longer time between shots has proven to provide longer and stronger protection ... so it's likely manufacturers will soon alter the recommended time between doses

Very good information cc.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

cc

Weekly Summary:

Of the 10 EU countries and 4 provinces I track daily, for the week ending Friday ... only two EU countries are down slightly in new cases from previous week(s) ..Denmark  & Netherlands .. with Austia about even  .. all others are up from moderately to substantially  ..

UK up almost 100,000 cases following 2 previous  up weeks of about 75,000 each

For provinces, we are up about 1 day's worth after several weeks of decrease, Alberta is down more that 1 day's worth, Quebec down very slightly & Ontario is up 2-3 days worth (7882)

Today ON & Quebec are up over 3000 new cases each and 40 deaths each

Overall the world we know best, despite varying shutdowns  is losing at this point in time

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=397193 time=1610215462 user_id=88
Weekly Summary:

Of the 10 EU countries and 4 provinces I track daily, for the week ending Friday ... only two EU countries are down slightly in new cases from previous week(s) ..Denmark  & Netherlands .. with Austia about even  .. all others are up from moderately to substantially  ..

UK up almost 100,000 cases following 2 previous  up weeks of about 75,000 each

For provinces, we are up about 1 day's worth after several weeks of decrease, Alberta is down more that 1 day's worth, Quebec down very slightly & Ontario is up 2-3 days worth (7882)

Today ON & Quebec are up over 3000 new cases each and 40 deaths each

Overall the world we know best, despite varying shutdowns  is losing at this point in time

The NDP here still says that if we would have implemented a hard Victoria state lockdown for two weeks we could've bent the curve a lot more than we have..

But, the evidence from North America and Europe suggests that claim is totally false.

Anonymous

There 989 new cases in Alberta in the last 24 hours..

13,540 tests were completed, resulting in a positivity rate of 7.1 per cent..

There were a record breaking thirty one deaths.

Anonymous

https://scontent.fyxd1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/137585720_407672963833241_7117211550774989736_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=Kg6a-pdmtG4AX8N5hoC&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.fna&oh=d35414a9b01c8ac219969d81d4893f58&oe=6020FB25">

cc

Ontario and Quebec continue to increase cases.

Today ON >   "another record-breaking number of COVID-19 cases in Ontario with 3,945 new cases added on Sunday. The province also recorded 61 more deaths"

Today Quebec > "The province added 2,588 new COVID-19 cases, in addition to 39 deaths"