The best topic

Replies: 10567
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:08:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=398549 time=1611193442 user_id=88
Darn!! ^^

As of today our Rolling 7 Day Average is 477 .. (500 new cases)

You guys are coming down well -  7 Day Average is 688 (Down almost 1/2 from before

& down 90 in the first 5 days of current week)

That is pretty good considering BC has five times our population.

cc

Yes. I hear you guys are getting hit hard per capita .. you did start much later than the rest of us, then took off

BTW. UK is considerably  down this week - it's been brutal there for quite a while
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=398555 time=1611195668 user_id=88
Yes. I hear you guys are getting hit hard per capita .. you did start much later than the rest of us, then took off

BTW. UK is considerably  down this week - it's been brutal there for quite a while

Are they in another lockdown? As soon as it ends, infections will go back up.

cc

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/florida-cracks-down-on-vaccine-tourism-by-asking-for-proof-of-residency-1.5275606">Florida cracks down on 'vaccine tourism' by asking for proof of residency

TORONTO -- Snowbirds hoping to skip the line in Canada by flying to Florida for COVID-19 vaccines now face a tougher set of rules aimed at snuffing vaccine tourism.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Tuesday that anyone who owns property in Florida and lives there at least part-time will qualify for the vaccine, but travellers who aren't state residents will no longer be eligible.

"To just kind of come in from another country or whatever, we don't support that and we're not going to allow that ... we're not doing vaccine tourism," DeSantis told reporters in Jupiter, Fla.

Anyone with an out-of-state ID is now being asked to provide proof of residency or semi-permanent residency, be it a utility bill, property tax receipt or lease agreement. Before the change, anyone over 65 was eligible to get vaccinated.

The new rules came into effect Tuesday and apply to all state-run sites, according to Volusia County Emergency Management.

Some Canadian snowbirds took advantage of these lax rules and chartered private planes to Florida in order to get shots. One couple told CTV News that they travelled to Florida for their mental well-being but saw getting the vaccine as an added bonus. A company that charters private jets said it experienced "huge demand" during the pandemic, with some clients travelling specifically for vaccines.

Anonymous

If the vaccine rollout doesn't reach the general population in Canada by mid summer, my husband and I have discussed going to a nearby state(Montana, Idaho, or North Dakota) to get vaccinated.

cc

I wouldn't blame you at all ...  Trudy blew if for Canadians

Great Falls is not too far .. and there are other towns before it as I recall

Problem might be if they will give ask for proof of resident. Make sure first . . and then there is that second shot for most vaccines .. you would want to be certain you could get both shots as nowhere is very close

As posted just above, Florida is cracking dome on out of state people .. then, they were inundated which is what triggered that

This whole thing must be awful in so many ways for your family

Anonymous

Alberta had 678 new cases and 16 additional deaths today..

Though case numbers are falling, Alberta chief medical officer of health Dr. Deena Hinshaw said that the current restrictions will remain in place. "We are not in the clear just yet," she said Thursday..

The test positivity rate was 4.8 per cent.

Anonymous

34 cases of a COVID-19 variant confirmed in Canada.

Anonymous

Alberta reported Friday 643 new cases of COVID-19 and 12 deaths as active cases declined below 10,000 for the first time since Nov. 14..

The number of people in hospital fell below seven hundred(691) for the first time in over two months and the number of people in ICU fell to one hundred and fifteen.

cc

You guys are bringing  things down very well .. This past week ending Friday you are down  (1,331)   (51)

and  7 Day Rolling Average down to 627

We are down another (135) following (558)  previous week

and  7 Day Rolling Average is 481

ON & QB down a fair bit last 2 weeks

Canada as a whole this week is down

Anonymous

For the first time in over two months, Alberta has less than ten thousand active cases.

Anonymous

The World Health Organization (WHO) has cautioned experts not to rely solely on the results of a PCR test to detect the COVID-19.

Anonymous

Alberta reported 573 new cases today, 13 deaths, including two people in their twenties.

:ohmy:

cc

Yes. There is danger for young people .. not as common, but it is there

And the more common thing that doesn't show in the stats (thus no  one hears about) is the  silent menace .. what are termed "long haulers" many of whom are young and continue with very bad after effects for many months and even permanently

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=398990 time=1611446368 user_id=88
Yes. There is danger for young people .. not as common, but it is there

And the more common thing that doesn't show in the stats (thus no  one hears about) is the  silent menace .. what are termed "long haulers" many of whom are young and continue with very bad after effects for many months and even permanently

The Calgary Herald article didn't say if the two young people who died had health problems....they probably did.