The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

^^^ Seems the light at the end of the tunnel may be sooner rather than later

Seems science is now going  24 / 7 and getting somewhere

Quote from: "Some Good News"They say the process has been made easier because the virus is not mutating and is similar to other viruses seen in the past.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Seems the light at the end of the tunnel may be sooner rather than later

Seems science is now going  24 / 7 and getting somewhere

Quote from: "Good News"They say the process has been made easier because the virus is not mutating and is similar to other viruses seen in the past.

I hope so cc..

My husband has relatives from the Netherlands that were planning to visit us this summer..

That won't happen now, but the sooner we get a vaccine, the sooner we can get back to normal..

Until the next coronavirus China releases from a lab.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"The virus will be stopped. Trouble with The Pariah will not

The pariah will never stop until we are vassal states.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Let's put it this way. Parina   won't stop voluntarily

They'll need some encouragement.

Anonymous

I look forward to seeing the results of Alberta's hydroxychloroquine trials..

It will be the biggest trial ever of hydroxychloroquine as a treatment.

Gaon

Quote from: "Fashionista"I look forward to seeing the results of Alberta's hydroxychloroquine trials..

It will be the biggest trial ever of hydroxychloroquine as a treatment.

Anything to get life back to the way it was.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Gilead's Investigational Antiviral Remdesivir Receives U.S. Food and Drug Administration Emergency Use Authorization for the Treatment of COVID-19

https://www.gilead.com/news-and-press/press-room/press-releases/2020/5/gileads-investigational-antiviral-remdesivir-receives-us-food-and-drug-administration-emergency-use-authorization-for-the-treatment-of-covid19">https://www.gilead.com/news-and-press/p ... of-covid19">https://www.gilead.com/news-and-press/press-room/press-releases/2020/5/gileads-investigational-antiviral-remdesivir-receives-us-food-and-drug-administration-emergency-use-authorization-for-the-treatment-of-covid19

cc

I'm still saying Hydroxy + zink is way better. When taken early, it stops it in it's tracks and patient improves. Deaths are few to none except only when given far too late

Remdesivir merely shortens treatment time by 4 days for most but my understanding is that death rate is not improved

Granted, all data is new and not complete

Alberta's (and a few others) test results are  vital

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"I'm still saying Hydroxy + zink is way better. When taken early, it stops it in it's tracks and patient improves. Deaths are few to none except only when given far too late

Remdesivir merely shortens treatment time by 4 days for most but my understanding is that death rate is not improved

Granted, all data is new and not complete

Alberta's (and a few others) test results are  vital

I am really anxious to see the data from Alberta.

Anonymous

This article is from April 27..

Alberta is not getting as any volunteers to participate as they'd like.

Hydroxychloroquine study enters second week with a call for more participation

The Alberta Hope COVID-19 study is on it's second week of testing hydroxychloroquine as a possible treatment for the novel coronavirus.

The study, which is jointly run by researchers based out of the University of Alberta and the University of Calgary, and is supported by Alberta Health Services and the Government of Alberta, is testing those who have recently been diagnosed with the novel coronavirus, to determine whether or not this drug is effective at combatting the virus.

Dr. Michael Hill, a professor at the University of Calgary and a co-lead on the Alberta Hope COVID-19 study, says they have already recruited over 70 participants, but do need more participation in order to collect enough data to come up with conclusive results.

"Our goal continues to be to try to get high quality data, to try to understand whether this treatment either works or does not work. Both outcomes are important ones."

"Obviously if it doesn't work, that's actually useful, to tell people not to take [hydroxychloroquine], and that's something that I think people always forget, that it's good to have negative studies as well. And if it does work, well then even better, we've got a readily available treatment for people who happen to get sick with the virus."

The study is based on public participation, with individuals being contacted by AHS, informing them of the positive result, then asking if they would be willing to be a part of the study. Hill says, of those asked, two thirds decline. He says it may seem scary to be a test subject of a drug, but adds that there are requirements to ensure their well being is safe.

The first patients began treatment last Wednesday, and the study is blind, with two thirds receiving the actual drug, and the rest receiving a placebo. Because of this, there won't be any conclusive evidence for some time still.

"There will be an interim analysis which will be done by a blinded safety kit, on a Data Safety Monitoring Board, but we won't have anything to announce until we get close to the end."

At this point, there is no information or data gathered until after patients undergo 30 days of treatment. A follow up with patients will be done to collect data and information, which will be used as evidence in the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine as a viable treatment for COVID-19.

He encourages anyone who has tested positive within the past few days, or who received a call telling them they are carrying the virus, to participate in the study, and help determine the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine in battling COVID-19.

https://everythinggp.com/2020/04/27/hydroxychloroquine-study-enters-second-week-with-a-call-for-more-participation/">https://everythinggp.com/2020/04/27/hyd ... icipation/">https://everythinggp.com/2020/04/27/hydroxychloroquine-study-enters-second-week-with-a-call-for-more-participation/

Anonymous

So, we won't have any results until at least the third week of this month. Also, the Alberta study is focused on patients that don't require hospitalization.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"This article is from April 27..

Alberta is not getting as any volunteers to participate as they'd like.

Hydroxychloroquine study enters second week with a call for more participation

The Alberta Hope COVID-19 study is on it's second week of testing hydroxychloroquine as a possible treatment for the novel coronavirus.

The study, which is jointly run by researchers based out of the University of Alberta and the University of Calgary, and is supported by Alberta Health Services and the Government of Alberta, is testing those who have recently been diagnosed with the novel coronavirus, to determine whether or not this drug is effective at combatting the virus.

Dr. Michael Hill, a professor at the University of Calgary and a co-lead on the Alberta Hope COVID-19 study, says they have already recruited over 70 participants, but do need more participation in order to collect enough data to come up with conclusive results.

"Our goal continues to be to try to get high quality data, to try to understand whether this treatment either works or does not work. Both outcomes are important ones."

"Obviously if it doesn't work, that's actually useful, to tell people not to take [hydroxychloroquine], and that's something that I think people always forget, that it's good to have negative studies as well. And if it does work, well then even better, we've got a readily available treatment for people who happen to get sick with the virus."

The study is based on public participation, with individuals being contacted by AHS, informing them of the positive result, then asking if they would be willing to be a part of the study. Hill says, of those asked, two thirds decline. He says it may seem scary to be a test subject of a drug, but adds that there are requirements to ensure their well being is safe.

The first patients began treatment last Wednesday, and the study is blind, with two thirds receiving the actual drug, and the rest receiving a placebo. Because of this, there won't be any conclusive evidence for some time still.

"There will be an interim analysis which will be done by a blinded safety kit, on a Data Safety Monitoring Board, but we won't have anything to announce until we get close to the end."

At this point, there is no information or data gathered until after patients undergo 30 days of treatment. A follow up with patients will be done to collect data and information, which will be used as evidence in the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine as a viable treatment for COVID-19.

He encourages anyone who has tested positive within the past few days, or who received a call telling them they are carrying the virus, to participate in the study, and help determine the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine in battling COVID-19.

https://everythinggp.com/2020/04/27/hydroxychloroquine-study-enters-second-week-with-a-call-for-more-participation/">https://everythinggp.com/2020/04/27/hyd ... icipation/">https://everythinggp.com/2020/04/27/hydroxychloroquine-study-enters-second-week-with-a-call-for-more-participation/

Participants are being given hydroxy for thirty days? I thought most trials with the drug they were given it for five days only.

cc

Something sounds amiss in that - maybe the writer was not careful of words

I suspect 30 days of trials overall .. possibly including followup and not individual usage time

You are correct - 5 days usage has been the norm