The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I hope Justine aint making more false promises.

https://scontent.fyxd1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/151099614_10157885108200869_2287649649762268655_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=aarhQZezRc0AX8FyIPI&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.fna&oh=ed9c691b4090e1ee0d7bf6111014a5c4&oe=604FC77B">

cc

More Recent Data on Vitamin D

https://www.theepochtimes.com/updates-on-ccp-virus-vitamin-d-significantly-reduces-deaths-study-shows_3696975.html">Updates on CCP Virus: Vitamin D Significantly Reduces Deaths, Study Shows (Down page)

Providing high doses of vitamin D to patients admitted to hospitals after contracting the CCP virus could reduce deaths by 60 percent, according to a study by the Social Science Research Network.

As part of the research, 551 patients admitted to a hospital in Spain were given calcifediol, a prehormone generated from vitamin D3, resulting in 80 percent of the patients not requiring ICU treatment. The research stated that 36 of the patients treated with calcifediol died from the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus, compared to 57 patients out of 379 in the control group.

[As I had mentioned before, I upped my D x 3 + added Quercetin which increases Zink absorption some time ago to pre-strengthen my immune system as a precaution - if infected, the stronger one's immune system is going in, the better the end result]
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Not sure if this was mentioned before or not

Israeli Study Finds 94 Percent Drop in Symptomatic Cases

Israel's largest health care provider on Sunday reported a 94 percent drop in symptomatic CCP virus infections among 600,000 people who received two doses of Pfizer's vaccine in the country's biggest study to date.

Health maintenance organization Clalit, which covers more than half of all Israelis, said the same group was also 92 percent less likely to develop severe illness from the virus. The comparison was against a group of the same size, with matching medical histories, who had not received the vaccine.

[So, seems not only high rate of total protection, but great reduction of severity for those few who do get virus = win win]

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=402304 time=1613412640 user_id=88
Not sure if this was mentioned before or not

Israeli Study Finds 94 Percent Drop in Symptomatic Cases

Israel's largest health care provider on Sunday reported a 94 percent drop in symptomatic CCP virus infections among 600,000 people who received two doses of Pfizer's vaccine in the country's biggest study to date.

Health maintenance organization Clalit, which covers more than half of all Israelis, said the same group was also 92 percent less likely to develop severe illness from the virus. The comparison was against a group of the same size, with matching medical histories, who had not received the vaccine.

[So, seems not only high rate of total protection, but great reduction of severity for those who do get virus = win win]

It was posted here that 97 per cent of COVID deaths in Israel in January were among people who weren't vaccinated.

cc

Right. Thanks. Then my new post  more directly on actual  effectiveness was not posted before .. and the far less severity result for the few who do get it  is further good news

Their field findings further support the maker's studies

WOWZERS - As of today, Israel is almost 75 % vaccinated .. far ahead of the rest of the world - + extensive field studies ..

Us Joos are always best at everything  :wink:

Anonymous

Alberta reported 263 new cases of COVID-19 and nine additional deaths on Monday.

Anonymous

Alberta reported 277 new cases on 7,456 tests on Wednesday and seven additional deaths.

cc

We are "still" around that 400 line .. seem stuck there and 7 day rolling the same of course ... whereas you are just went under 300 on that also

We are having several less deaths than you guys of late  

Fraser Health area (contains Surrey) is causing most of our cases  .. well over 1/2 in fact .. has been all along

Anonymous

A small but significant increase in people not answering the phone or returning calls to COVID-19 contact tracers has Alberta's chief medical officer of health pleading with everyone to co-operate.

cc

That's so sad. Contract tracing is vital to getting some degree of control and safety over this thing .. for everyone, not just for a few self-centered people who don't want their lives temporarily disrupted

It was swift and decisive contact tracing that kept our numbers much lower than all other large provinces for many months .. Many were hired just to contact trace. We never did peak out of control like the others did for many months

In the main, most of our cases were then and still are dictated mainly by Surrey core where cooperation  has been and still is very poor .. which is why we are now coming down so slowly despite Vancouver etc. coming down a lot

Anonymous

Good contact tracing is a key part of Korea's success in containing the spread of the virus.

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=402670 time=1613672907 user_id=114
Good contact tracing is a key part of Korea's success in containing the spread of the virus.

Yes. That and compliance

Surrey is keeping it going here by non compliance ... for which I will admit to considerable anger ... aggravated further  by current talk about favoring minorities for vaccination .. when it is that non compliant minorities area actually keeping it going here

As Fash said > "people not answering the phone or returning calls to COVID-19 contact tracers has Alberta's chief medical officer of health pleading with everyone to cooperate."

That is and always has been to the extreme here in much of Surrey where spread has always been  very high

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=402671 time=1613674762 user_id=88

Yes. That and compliance

Surrey is keeping it going here by non compliance ... for which I will admit to considerable anger ... aggravated further  by current talk about favoring minorities for vaccination .. when it is that non compliant minorities area actually keeping it going here

As Fash said > "people not answering the phone or returning calls to COVID-19 contact tracers has Alberta's chief medical officer of health pleading with everyone to cooperate."

That is and always has been to the extreme here in much of Surrey where spread has always been  very high

I wouldn't have a problem with that if it could be proven that certain minorities suffered more severe symtoms from the virus.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=402673 time=1613675310 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=402671 time=1613674762 user_id=88

Yes. That and compliance

I wouldn't have a problem with that if it could be proven that certain minorities suffered more severe symtoms from the virus.

Agree in theory - But when spread within and to others outside is because of non compliance with general rules + non compliance to tracking ... a big NO

Surrey has been making up close to 1/2 our numbers all along and is bringing it here via employees in care homes etc

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=402674 time=1613675471 user_id=88
Agree to a certain extent - But when spread within and to others is because of non compliance with general rules + to tracking ... a big NO

I still would have no problem with say South Asians receiving it first if it was proven they have more severe symptoms, even if that community is where the spread is.