The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=407210 time=1617596680 user_id=3254
France had 25,000 more infections than the USA today with a fraction of the population.

:ohmy:

Yes, France is really bad  .. numbers have been  been slowly heading upward since Jan 1  .. now it's accelerating faster  .. 61,000 today

UK keeps falling .. 2,297 today & it has a few more people than france (vaccine works)

Today was an anomaly for US .. it's been much higher of late .. maybe holiday non counts for many states just like us here .. last week averaged well over 70,0000 / day

Our hospitals & ICUs are inundated by 20 & 30 year olds .. Nurses are expressing great concern trying to keep up ... This variant is deadly

Our premier, after seeing Bonnie's people's data,  strongly tried to tell them last week to clean up their act , smarten up, and fly straight
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

cc

Frood

Freedom and freedom fries are eternal... like how the French are "surrender monkeys"...  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=407226 time=1617603212 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=407210 time=1617596680 user_id=3254
France had 25,000 more infections than the USA today with a fraction of the population.

:ohmy:

Yes, France is really bad  .. numbers have been  been slowly heading upward since Jan 1  .. now it's accelerating faster  .. 61,000 today

UK keeps falling .. 2,297 today & it has a few more people than france (vaccine works)

Today was an anomaly for US .. it's been much higher of late .. maybe holiday non counts for many states just like us here .. last week averaged well over 70,0000 / day

Our hospitals & ICUs are inundated by 20 & 30 year olds .. Nurses are expressing great concern trying to keep up ... This variant is deadly

Our premier, after seeing Bonnie's people's data,  strongly tried to tell them last week to clean up their act , smarten up, and fly straight

What is the most common variant in BC?

In Alberta, it's the UK variant.

cc

I only have mid last week record - mostly UK but growing Brazil - I believe the Canucks is mainly Brazil

On April 2 there is a report "The projections from the data we have seen suggests we are right around 50 per cent of the variants of concern in this province, so it's now the majority of the disease"

At same time, BC itself admits they have fallen behind in determining variants & weekend BC Govt goes to sleep .. may have more on that this afternoon

BTW - That France number may be off, as 2 weekend days were so different .. I think that large number was catchup & was part of previous day  .. France also goes to sleep on weekends .. Still, France has been increasing for a long while & numbers are very high

UK today remains below 3,000 & few deaths .. Vaccines work extremely well & are MAJOR game-changers

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=407239 time=1617638688 user_id=88
I only have mid last week record - mostly UK but growing Brazil - I believe the Canucks is mainly Brazil

On April 2 there is a report "The projections from the data we have seen suggests we are right around 50 per cent of the variants of concern in this province, so it's now the majority of the disease"

At same time, BC itself admits they have fallen behind in determining variants & weekend BC Govt goes to sleep .. may have more on that this afternoon

BTW - That France number may be off, as 2 weekend days were so different .. I think that large number was catchup & was part of previous day  .. France also goes to sleep on weekends .. Still, France has been increasing for a long while & numbers are very high

UK today remains below 3,000 & few deaths .. Vaccines work extremely well & are MAJOR game-changers

Are some variants more likely to make people sick than others?

cc

I "think" the Brazil one is the worse but they all can be more severe to varying degrees - keeping in mind new = not much is known

I have been looking for good info on this & will post when I find good info .. keeping in mind, this is new so data is sparse so far

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/a-new-strain-of-coronavirus-what-you-should-know">Here's Johns Hopkins - New Variants of Coronavirus: What You Should Know (undated)

Here's some informative  text from it

Regarding coronavirus variants, how concerned should we be?

"Most of the genetic changes we see in this virus are like the scars people accumulate over a lifetime — incidental marks of the road, most of which have no great significance or functional role," Ray says. "When the evidence is strong enough that a viral genetic change is causing a change in the behavior of the virus, we gain new insight regarding how this virus works."

"As far as these variants are concerned, we don't need to overreact," Bollinger says. "But, as with any virus, changes are something to be watched, to ensure that testing, treatment and vaccines are still effective. The scientists will continue to examine new versions of this coronavirus's genetic sequencing as it evolves."

"In the meantime, we need to continue all of our efforts to prevent viral transmission and to vaccinate as many people as possible

Anonymous

Texas COVID Cases, Deaths Plummet After Gov. Abbott Repeals Mask Mandate

https://dailycaller.com/2021/04/04/texas-greg-abbott-covid-cases-deaths-plummet-mask-mandate/?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2360&pnespid=i.lwpOVDXxCNjWX32S3upPrJZUskieeD3POljoZY">https://dailycaller.com/2021/04/04/texa ... eD3POljoZY">https://dailycaller.com/2021/04/04/texas-greg-abbott-covid-cases-deaths-plummet-mask-mandate/?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2360&pnespid=i.lwpOVDXxCNjWX32S3upPrJZUskieeD3POljoZY

Texas' coronavirus case and death totals have collapsed in the month since Republican Gov. Greg Abbott repealed the state's mask mandate.

Since Abbott repealed Texas' mask mandate on March 2, Texas' COVID-19 cases have dropped by about 4,000 per day, while the state's deaths have dropped by 137 per day, according to The New York Times' COVID tracker.

cc

True that Texas has been down in numbers overall . Note that last week ending last Friday  resulted in an increase of 14,750 cases and 312 deaths more  than the week before that

Yesterday it was well below Florida which has been rising a fair bit last 2 weeks and about even with Cali

I don't trust holiday weekend data as for some places it takes a day or so  after holiday to catch up with accurate data

Anonymous

The NDP opposition is calling for another lockdown in Alberta..

I was surprised that Global interviewed a doctor who said he may help a little, but don't expect much.

cc

We are getting hints of even more severe lockdowns as cases rise .. mind you, infections found today happened before recent lockdowns

Anonymous

Alberta reported 887 new cases, including 432 more variant cases..

The opposition NDP is demanding lockdown measures.

ac_boring

cc

Variants Identified from Quebec west  To Date April 5

Variant -  B.1.1.7 - B1.351 - P1 (UK - SA - Brazil)

Alberta -   6,273 -   22 -   15

BC -------    2,771 -   51 -   737

Ontario   - 2,165 -   71 -   106

Quebec -   1,424 -   154 -   2

Sask ----   - 943 -    8 -    0

Man ----   - 235 -    20 -  0

Most are not live cases now - It's hard to find current cases of variants for all provinces

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=407365 time=1617721449 user_id=88
Variants Identified from Quebec west  To Date April 5

Variant -  B.1.1.7 - B1.351 - P1 (UK - SA - Brazil)

Alberta -   6,273 -   22 -   15

BC -------    2,771 -   51 -   737

Ontario   - 2,165 -   71 -   106

Quebec -   1,424 -   154 -   2

Sask ----   - 943 -    8 -    0

Man ----   - 235 -    20 -   - 0

Most are not live cases now - It's hard to find current cases of variants for all provinces

Very bad.